VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Jun 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #166 of 341
Can't believe today the left channel is not working properly... it's like 10% the volume of the right channel. 
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #167 of 341
Try cleaning the grill/ mesh with a Q-tip dipped In some alcohol, it's highly possible there'd some wax lodged I'n there.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #169 of 341
Alright, as a long shot try removing the jack and whipping it with a cloth, sometimes oil can still be coated on it from being new. If it's not that, I don't know sorry.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #170 of 341
Alright, as a long shot try removing the jack and whipping it with a cloth, sometimes oil can still be coated on it from being new. If it's not that, I don't know sorry.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #171 of 341
Quote:
Got mine today, listened to them for the past hour and I just wanted to share my first impressions because I loved these guys 
dt880smile.png

Just to make clear, I'm not an audiophile. I'm just a noob which listen to mostly mainstream/pop/rock/r&b music 
tongue_smile.gif

So, I'll just make some comparisons to the R-50.

Starting with the bass, they have a little more quantity than the R-50, they're punchier with better impact. I liked much more the bass guitar on these too, it has more presence, along with the eletric guitar that have more weight in comparison to the R-50, which makes them excellent with rock/metalcore/post-hardcore. With the R-50 I had to pair them with E6 (EQ 2).

Another thing that I really liked about the VC1000 is that they don't have the same (sometimes) fatiguing trebble as the R-50, it seems that they "roll-off" (I don't know if it's the right term) right before it happens.

And now I can also discern with more clarity the sound of the piano and the violin on the background of some songs, which is awesome.

Overall they seems quite balanced to me, I guess that their frequency graph should be like a slightly "U" shapped curve. I also think they have a bit more micro detail than the R-50, but maybe it's just my imagination, as I didn't A/B'd both.

Soundstage-wise it seems they're a little smaller than R-50, but I'm not sure.

For acoustic songs I think I'd still prefer the R-50 over the VC1000 because of bit more forward mids and trebble.

Editing just to complement that they isolate more and fit waaaay better than the R-50 too (I hate their memory wire), I couldn't wear them while walking.
*I tested the VC1000 only with the double flange tips btw

So... I'm pretty happy with them now, I think I won't be looking for another pair for a long time 
L3000.gif

Cheers

Yeah, it is definitely excellent with metalcore/post-hardcore hence the reason why I bought this IEM in the first place. Bass & Mid is sweet while keeping the treble sparky enough although not that bright. Haven't tried R-50 but I'm pretty much satisfied with VC1000. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #172 of 341
Quote:
Can't believe today the left channel is not working properly... it's like 10% the volume of the right channel. 
frown.gif

It happen to me today as well. All of the sudden one of the channel volume decrease. Turn my ipod off, lay the IEM for an hour & all of the sudden it working back properly. But if it happen again, definitely will be sending it back for repair or replacement.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #173 of 341
Quote:
It happen to me today as well. All of the sudden one of the channel volume decrease. Turn my ipod off, lay the IEM for an hour & all of the sudden it working back properly. But if it happen again, definitely will be sending it back for repair or replacement.

Well, mine is now working again too 
blink.gif

That's strange...

@H20Fidelity - Thanks for the hints!

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #177 of 341
Quote:

Does your IEM still encounter the problem? Mine is working back again as now. Touchwood hopefully it won't have the problem again.

Yes, it does. After a few hours listening to them, the problem ocurred again.

And now it's working like it should again..

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #178 of 341
That is a bit concerning... I have not experienced this at since I got my pair a few months ago and I use them everyday at work.  They seem pretty damn durable from a quality standpoint.  Can you guys tell if it is an issue where the wire connects to the earpiece (damn, not really sure what that is called)?

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #179 of 341
Quote:
That is a bit concerning... I have not experienced this at since I got my pair a few months ago and I use them everyday at work.  They seem pretty damn durable from a quality standpoint.  Can you guys tell if it is an issue where the wire connects to the earpiece (damn, not really sure what that is called)?

No, it isn't. It happens after sometime listening to them when I'm not even moving. The left channel volume decreases slowly until the point I can't tell if it's working or not, and I have to take off the right "earpiece" to hear something coming from the left channel. Then after I let them aside for a while they go back to normal.

It's already the 5th time it happens. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back