VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Apr 7, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #331 of 341
Yep that's very strange, it happens sometimes... I'm planning to buy tri-flange or foam tips, anyone have a specific model to recommand ? Like Etymotic, Comply for the foam or an other brand ? Thanks guys, and sorry for my bad english.

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #340 of 341
  Anyone have any similar existing 'phones nowadays? I loved mine so very much.

the GR07X might be worth looking up. Vsonics house sound is quite similar between GR07X and VC1000. GR07X now is really tight and approaching a balanced armature sound even more. Frequency response is also pretty similar from memory, neutral with slightly dipped upper mids and crisp treble, Gr07X maybe a hint warmer. For what it's worth.

I also think theheadphonelist.com has a VC1000 review where they compare it to some other iems in the same general bracket.

EDIT: Picked up the VC1000 again, with the Vsonic foam tips. GR07X with slightly wider silicon tips is textured better, VC1000 is quite smooth in the mids, guitars don't really bite. GR07X is more prone to sibilance than the quite smooth and inoffensive treble of VC1000 (which still has great definition/snap for drum spikes and such).

Going back to GR07X, it's meatier, and has similar levels of separation, detailing and dynamic transient capabilities. Bass is more visceral and better textured to my ears, treble snaps harder and might be more fatiguing because of it.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #341 of 341
  the GR07X might be worth looking up. Vsonics house sound is quite similar between GR07X and VC1000. GR07X now is really tight and approaching a balanced armature sound even more. Frequency response is also pretty similar from memory, neutral with slightly dipped upper mids and crisp treble, Gr07X maybe a hint warmer. For what it's worth.

I also think theheadphonelist.com has a VC1000 review where they compare it to some other iems in the same general bracket.

EDIT: Picked up the VC1000 again, with the Vsonic foam tips. GR07X with slightly wider silicon tips is textured better, VC1000 is quite smooth in the mids, guitars don't really bite. GR07X is more prone to sibilance than the quite smooth and inoffensive treble of VC1000 (which still has great definition/snap for drum spikes and such).

Going back to GR07X, it's meatier, and has similar levels of separation, detailing and dynamic transient capabilities. Bass is more visceral and better textured to my ears, treble snaps harder and might be more fatiguing because of it.

Thanks for the reply... I'm really looking at the 1MORE triple driver and the GR07 classic right now as leading candidates... I like your comparison. God I wish I had bought more VC1000's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back