VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Dec 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #301 of 341
  Hi guys, there is a sound quality difference between the VC1000 and the Vsonic GR01 ? They have the same drivers... Thanks :)

There seems to be a difference in the sound between them. Not sure if someone has compared them directly extensively, Joker in his review of the VC1000 mentions the GR01 a few times but only in passing.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #302 of 341
Just bought the VC1000 as my first entry into Dual BA territory, and it is a great sounding piece of kit. Depending on the tips used it can be quite bright and cold, or with my Klipsch S4 oval tips with very narrow bore, a bit fuller, not to GR07 levels but not too far off.

Great detailing and cold, crisp, prickly treble, snappy dynamics and well-extended, tight bass. Very good decay aswell, really picks apart the midrange of songs, snare drums attack well and disappear very quickly aswell, nothing really smears one bit. Very tight and fast. For $100 I'm very happy.

EDIT: If you have them, definitely try the Oval Klipsch tips instead of the Sony hybrids. The hybrids for me give a peak in the upper treble which stands out noticeably. The Klipsch, despite having a very small soundhole, preserves the dynamics well, keeps the lower treble crisp and snappy, but also gives the treble a very even extension. Loving this sound, going back and forth between this setup and the GR07 with wide bore tips, they really complement each other well. The GR07 is like a more brutal, grandiose big brother.

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #303 of 341
That's cool to hear! Getting it soon since it's under my radar for some time for mid focusing/stronger IEMs. I think paraphs this is a little underated gem...Only 21 pages...Also think it's already discontinued by Vsonic by some months...

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #304 of 341
Man after buying the VC1000, I wish that the slightly fuller mids of this were combined with the endless extension of the treble and soundstage of the Rock-it R50s - now that would be a killer IEM. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #306 of 341
And about bass?

I'm not particularly a basshead. Although I'm a fan of both the clean and punchy bass of the R-50s as well as the VC1000 but if I were to pick the VC1000 would edge it in bass quantity. If only they could take the best traits of both IEMS and combine it into one - that would be infinitely amazing!

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #307 of 341
Has anyone experienced issues with the high end drivers failing in these? I swear mine go in and out. RIght now I have all low frequencies in both ears, tried with multiple sources. They come and go.

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #309 of 341
I can vouch for LMUE's warranty service. They took excellent care of me when my VSONIC GR07 BE suffered a short in the right earphone 1 month out of warranty. Replaced it for me at no charge, no questions asked. Very, very happy with them in that regard.

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #311 of 341
Has anyone experienced issues with the high end drivers failing in these? I swear mine go in and out. RIght now I have all low frequencies in both ears, tried with multiple sources. They come and go.

I got a pair of these 1week ago.
Mine do perform badly sometimes. Seem unbalanced. Is this similar to your problem? What do you mean about going in and out?

Lendme support told me to burn-in 100 hours.

Also i got no foam tips and all the other are not good. They hurt my ear canal after 2 hours.

Besides that is a very nice iem. Light and confy.

I have asked to return them.

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #312 of 341
I got a pair of these 1week ago.
Mine do perform badly sometimes. Seem unbalanced. Is this similar to your problem? What do you mean about going in and out?

Lendme support told me to burn-in 100 hours.

Also i got no foam tips and all the other are not good. They hurt my ear canal after 2 hours.

Besides that is a very nice iem. Light and confy.

I have asked to return them.

I really love mine, I've had them for about 10 months. Sounds like you are just having a bad time getting a good fit.

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #313 of 341
Got one of these a few days ago from a head-fier. My first BA based earphone (I've avoided them with like a dozen-plus dynamics...) and I'm pleasantly surprised! 
They're slim and super comfortable, which is why I was interested in the first place. With my mutant alien ears, I have comfort issues with 99% of IEMs out there, microdriver designs included. So I'm glad to see X10 style housing in a more affordable, recent, and high quality IEM. 

Sound is accurate and very balanced, neutral to slightly warm as already mentioned. Bass isn't as thin as I've always thought BA phones to have. Good impact and rumble, though it doesn't extend as deep as many of my dynamics. 
Best way I can describe their sound is it that they do nothing wrong. They're very easy to listen to, work with any genre, and are not boring at all. 
Only real criticism I can find is that though imaging is great, the soundstage is a bit small and closed in. 

Isolation is great though maybe it could be better? There's a small hole underneath the housing but I'm not sure what that's for. I thought BA earphones didn't need vents.

It's a shame that these are discontinued but you can still get them for $125 on ebay. I believe this is one of the highest value IEMs you can buy right now, like RE-0 level bang for the buck. 
I got mine secondhand for $80 but even at $125 for new they're a steal to me. Given how popular the DBA02s were, i'm surprised at how little discussion there is about these, as they seem to have the best form factor and price out of all the TWFK phones.
I don't think they're underrated since all reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, but I can say that these are a hidden gem, flying heavily under the radar here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back