VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Dec 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #316 of 341
I got them recently. They have a very clear and transparent and dynamic midrange/lower midrange, snare drums have very sharp snap and kick in the lowrange. Certainly very competent. They are quite bright though, with a recessed 3-4K area which lends even further focus to the 6-10K upward slope.

For the money though, personally I would go for the GR07 Classic. The VC1000 just don't move as much air and don't feel as dramatic as the GR07 can, not just in the bass, but throughout. The VC1000 is great at very snappy, fast dynamics, but they don't really sustain a solid "wall" of sound when needed. The GR07 are also snappy and crisp, but can also really let loose and produce some real movement in the air when called for.

It's down to preference. I use IEMs for movie watching apart from music, and I prefer GR07 for anything emotional or dramatic. For instance I watched "Gravity" again last night, and the VC1000 really bringt incredible vibrancy to the COM radio dialogue, with a very clear, vivid midrange. However the soundtrack also has the elements of sound being transmitted through the space suits of the characters, in the form of low-frequency vibrations. Those feel lacking in the VC1000, the information is there, but it's subdued and not at all weighty.
VC1000 doesn't really want to feel as weighty as the GR07 overall, not as hefty. With the right tips the GR07 can also surprisingly compete in detail, though VC1000 has that TWFK/Balanced Armature metallic precision and clarity and can give a harder edge to transients, while GR07 can sound as "brimmy" with detail but doesn't have the same extreme clarity and transparency, it will slightly smear the midrange in comparison, giving a fuller, smoother sound in that area.

Also for me personally it's important that the GR07 is a ventilated design, so it gives pretty good isolation, but never created that vacuum or sucking feeling in my ears, which the VC1000 can do if you get a good seal. That feeling gets tiring and uncomfortable for me after a short while.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #317 of 341
Hi guys,

I've the VC1000 since 2 days. They're simply fantastic for the price. Deep bass, brillant middle and precise high. I love them, but I've an issue : the volume of the left has very dicreased. I didn't burning them. There is a solution or I've to send them to the sav ? Thanks and sorry for my english.

Dec 27, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #318 of 341
Hi guys,

I've the VC1000 since 2 days. They're simply fantastic for the price. Deep bass, brillant middle and precise high. I love them, but I've an issue : the volume of the left has very dicreased. I didn't burning them. There is a solution or I've to send them to the sav ? Thanks and sorry for my english.

First, do the usual checks like cleaning the contacts and checking the nozzles for earwax(or other obstructions). Also try different tips

Switch the left and right earpeice to confirm that the IEM is defective. If the reduced volume is now observed in the other ear there is almost certainly a problem. (It would be best to use test tones while checking (found here).)
Then to reconfirm, try using another source/player to rule out the possibility of a faulty source.

If the problem has persisted through all these checks, have them replaced.

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #320 of 341
Thank you for your answers guys.

After 15 minutes,Everything is back to normal. Yeah thanks getclikinagas, I had tried everything like that, it's the iems.I hope it will not happen again.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #321 of 341
  I got them recently. They have a very clear and transparent and dynamic midrange/lower midrange, snare drums have very sharp snap and kick in the lowrange. Certainly very competent. They are quite bright though, with a recessed 3-4K area which lends even further focus to the 6-10K upward slope.

For the money though, personally I would go for the GR07 Classic. The VC1000 just don't move as much air and don't feel as dramatic as the GR07 can, not just in the bass, but throughout. The VC1000 is great at very snappy, fast dynamics, but they don't really sustain a solid "wall" of sound when needed. The GR07 are also snappy and crisp, but can also really let loose and produce some real movement in the air when called for.

It's down to preference. I use IEMs for movie watching apart from music, and I prefer GR07 for anything emotional or dramatic. For instance I watched "Gravity" again last night, and the VC1000 really bringt incredible vibrancy to the COM radio dialogue, with a very clear, vivid midrange. However the soundtrack also has the elements of sound being transmitted through the space suits of the characters, in the form of low-frequency vibrations. Those feel lacking in the VC1000, the information is there, but it's subdued and not at all weighty.
VC1000 doesn't really want to feel as weighty as the GR07 overall, not as hefty. With the right tips the GR07 can also surprisingly compete in detail, though VC1000 has that TWFK/Balanced Armature metallic precision and clarity and can give a harder edge to transients, while GR07 can sound as "brimmy" with detail but doesn't have the same extreme clarity and transparency, it will slightly smear the midrange in comparison, giving a fuller, smoother sound in that area.

Also for me personally it's important that the GR07 is a ventilated design, so it gives pretty good isolation, but never created that vacuum or sucking feeling in my ears, which the VC1000 can do if you get a good seal. That feeling gets tiring and uncomfortable for me after a short while.

Thanks! I have other IEMs for "bass" and "dramatic" sound, like the Altone 200 for instance. But I have to say i'm still thinking about getting a GR07 CE, very curious about it...Not right now, one day with a very good discount maybe...Not feeling much value in it right now for my collection because I also have VSD3S...Well, I actually see, I could use a neutral and balanced V shaped with more bass than the B3P1 (I think B3P1 are slighty V shaped, just a little...) ...I'm feeling like this for months..Still I've been buying other IEMs but not the GR07 CE...Don't know exactly why but not fully convinced. Sibilance is one of the aspects that makes me away but I have VSD3S and I feel 98% of the time no sibilance with them. My IEMs are all towards the bright side and I like it. But i'm worried that with GR07 it will be too much. Already read about sibilance in voices in them and that's the worst thing for me! Read also the sibilance on VSD3S is on upper treble, not the voices. Well, I very hardly feel it. Don't get why people criticize sibilance on them...Maybe GR07 CE are indeed for me.

@H20Fidelity 

I've read somehere you are still using the VC1000 right now. Why? I believe you hear many IEMs...So, why VC1000? I's somehow an old IEM and already discontinued by VSONIC I think...

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #322 of 341

@H20Fidelity 

I've read somehere you are still using the VC1000 right now. Why? I believe you hear many IEMs...So, why VC1000? I's somehow an old IEM and already discontinued by VSONIC I think...

The pair I have is a friends, with me now for many months.

I don't use them much, though like the sound. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #323 of 341

The pair I have is a friends, with me now for many months.

I don't use them much, though like the sound. 

Thanks!

But I'm here ready to pull the trigger and all you have to say is that? 
ksc75smile.gif

In your personal opinion, are they worth buying? What are the things you like and dislike on them?

Sorry if I'm bothering you...Since you heard many IEMs and these one have no reviews on Head-Fi, can you say why you like them? And if you like them why don't you use it more often?

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #324 of 341
  Thanks!

But I'm here ready to pull the trigger and all you have to say is that? 
ksc75smile.gif

In your personal opinion, are they worth buying? What are the things you like and dislike on them?

Sorry if I'm bothering you...Since you heard many IEMs and these one have no reviews on Head-Fi, can you say why you like them? And if you like them why don't you use it more often?

They're well worth the money for their high isolation and performance ratio, they're quite technically sound for an IEM in this price category, areas like detail, soundstage, separation are quite good,  I never had problems with the treble. its a little warmer than you're Altone, but if you really like Altone200 then VC1000 will not be on the same level as that hybrid, its going to sound subdued and lacking clarity. I just worry you may be underwhelmed with the sound of VC1000 due to your T-Peos ownership, unless you just want something to relax with. The reason I don't use them is because I have better hybrid IEM like Altone, H-300, Fidue A83, Rhapsodio RDB Mini.

I will say I 'almost' bought my own personal pair of VC1000 because I found they had a good dose of everything and remain my favourite dual balanced armature between Brainwavz B2,. Rockits R-50, if I had to pick one it would be VC1000. I think another thing that caused a soft spot was I also purchased Vsonic GR01 at one time and it was riddled with vocal sibilance, the sound was great but anytime a vocals started it was an absolute nightmare, I had to get rid of those. So when I found VC1000 (which is cheaper) same design and very much a close sound I devleoped a soft spot for them and that's why you read my posts in this thread from months ago.

If you want a nice dynamic driver instead I'll recommend the Dunu Titian 1 which is something very new to the community and will take off soon imo.

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #325 of 341

They're well worth the money for their high isolation and performance ratio, they're quite technically sound for an IEM in this price category, areas like detail, soundstage, separation are quite good,  I never had problems with the treble. its a little warmer than you're Altone, but if you really like Altone200 then VC1000 will not be on the same level as that hybrid, its going to sound subdued and lacking clarity. I just worry you may be underwhelmed with the sound of VC1000 due to your T-Peos ownership, unless you just want something to relax with. The reason I don't use them is because I have better hybrid IEM like Altone, H-300, Fidue A83, Rhapsodio RDB Mini.

I will say I 'almost' bought my own personal pair of VC1000 because I found they had a good dose of everything and remain my favourite dual balanced armature between Brainwavz B2,. Rockits R-50, if I had to pick one it would be VC1000. I think another thing that caused a soft spot was I also purchased Vsonic GR01 at one time and it was riddled with vocal sibilance, the sound was great but anytime a vocals started it was an absolute nightmare, I had to get rid of those. So when I found VC1000 (which is cheaper) same design and very much a close sound I devleoped a soft spot for them and that's why you read my posts in this thread from months ago.

If you want a nice dynamic driver instead I'll recommend the Dunu Titian 1 which is something very new to the community and will take off soon imo.

Thanks, got my finger on the trigger now! It's most about the signature: Altone could have more resolution and clarity, but his mids are quite recessive, where VC1000 mids are much more upfront i think than Altone. 

One more doubt came into my mind: how are these compared to KC06? If anyone can do a very brief comparison just about lows, mids and highs i would apreciate. I believe they are "quite" similar in signature...Tks

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #327 of 341
I think these do not respond to amping well. The default setting of 6db on my Fiio E17 didn't sound right to me. Mids sounded a lot foward.

After turning the gain down to 0,think everything sounded a little more smoother.

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #328 of 341
Just received the VC-1000. And the GR07 Classic. 
I thought my RE-400 would be unbeatable, but god damn the VC1000 impressed me the sheer amount of detail resolved, and the instrument separation.
Right of the bat the GR07 CE (just like probably the whole GR line) is too hot on the trebles for me. So just listening to the VC1000 right now.
I like the RE-400 because of its flat response, and warm sound on the highs that doesnt tire my ears, without loosing detail. But it seems the VC1000 manage to go all the way into the highs at full speed with all the splashy details BUT without any kind of trouble, or sibilance or hotness. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #329 of 341
Thank you for your answers guys.

After 15 minutes,Everything is back to normal. Yeah thanks getclikinagas, I had tried everything like that, it's the iems.I hope it will not happen again.

Wow strange as I just got the exact same problem like you. Only after few days of owning them, decreased volume on the left, while I was just riding the subway. I will try letting them play and hope they will fix themselves like yours did. But not impressed with Vsonic quality...

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #330 of 341
Sorry for triple post, but just like "SuperUser" my VC1000 headset fixed itself overnight... very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back