VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Apr 28, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #136 of 341
Quote:
Well, I took the plunge!  I'll give you guys a complete novice's viewpoint once they get in.  I'm hoping that these bring everything I loved about the R-50 without the quality issues.  I'm looking forward to the slightly heavier bass too.  Something about the R-50s just made them so nice to listen to on long flights, so hopefully these will be similar.

ksc75smile.gif

Absolutely, it will...VC1000 is so small and so comfortable for prolonged use, and the use of foam tips will smooth out the treble, and slightly enhance the bass.

May 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #139 of 341
Sup' guys. New head-fier here. I am on a very tight 150$ budget. I have an Mh1c for bass sessions, a gr06 for Mids listening and a sunrise xcited (my faves) for more critical listening. I am looking to upgrade my from xcited monitors and I need help choosing between the r-50 and the vc1000. I listen to every genre out there, and my fav sound sig is what the xcited has. (A good compromise between slight balance and neutral). Thanks in advance.

May 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #141 of 341
Received my pair of VC1000 this afternoon so time for some initial thoughts.

Previous IEM: S4, X10, R-50, M6, and now VC1000

They are very well rounded IEMs, they sound very nice to a large range of genres (including my favorite EDM).  While not bass heavy by any stretch, there is enough to be at my liking.  They soundstage is not the largest I've heard, but definitely not the smallest.  Sibilance is not an issue.  Pretty quick response but definitely slower than the R-50.  Could listen to them forever without fatigue.

Compared to R-50: Technically less superior sounding (remember, these are a fun sig) but not terribly far behind.  Package and accessories are a huge plus over R-50.  About twice the amount of bass, but still very tight a quick.  I think as a whole package the VC1000 are better.  I  think they are MUCH more durable, better for the average user, and SUPER comfortable.  Color is really a bit strange of the pieces though.  Definitely a keeper.

EDIT: I'd like to add that cord noise is quite a lot with cords straight down if moving, but over the ear seems to work quite well and completely eliminates cord noise.

May 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #142 of 341
Quote:
Received my pair of VC1000 this afternoon so time for some initial thoughts.

Previous IEM: S4, X10, R-50, M6, and now VC1000

They are very well rounded IEMs, they sound very nice to a large range of genres (including my favorite EDM).  While not bass heavy by any stretch, there is enough to be at my liking.  They soundstage is not the largest I've heard, but definitely not the smallest.  Sibilance is not an issue.  Pretty quick response but definitely slower than the R-50.  Could listen to them forever without fatigue.

Compared to R-50: Technically less superior sounding (remember, these are a fun sig) but not terribly far behind.  Package and accessories are a huge plus over R-50.  About twice the amount of bass, but still very tight a quick.  I think as a whole package the VC1000 are better.  I  think they are MUCH more durable, better for the average user, and SUPER comfortable.  Color is really a bit strange of the pieces though.  Definitely a keeper.

Good to see that you enjoyed it mate, they are definitely a keeper, and I do also much prefer them over R-50

May 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #143 of 341
I think I'll be buying a pair as I've sold the R-50.

@~ Cloudycloud, I'm not sure what your source is but they also pair very well with Colorfly C3 for $100.

May 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #144 of 341
So far I have tried them with a MBP Early 2011, new iPad, and iPod Nano (old square one).  Not really a need at all for an amp, but it is noticeably fuller when I use my C&C BH 
etysmile.gif

EDIT: I'm using Out 1, GC Low, LF off, SF off.

May 7, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #146 of 341
Quote:
So far I have tried them with a MBP Early 2011, new iPad, and iPod Nano (old square one).  Not really a need at all for an amp, but it is noticeably fuller when I use my C&C BH 
etysmile.gif

EDIT: I'm using Out 1, GC Low, LF off, SF off.

Yep same here, fantastic straight out of my 2012 MBA, but even better out of C&C...

May 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #147 of 341
Seriously loving these VC1000's.  Officially my favorite IEM yet.  Only knock on them is the cable noise when wearing straight down with movement.

May 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #148 of 341
Told you they were worthy, I find them very relaxing for laying down at night with Rocco BA or C3.

Mine are only a loan though, for the price they punch well above that.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back