VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Apr 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #121 of 341
Quote:
Pretty much interested with this IEM. Anyway, will this suit to Metal or Rock kind of song? Will cymbal sound crisp enough? Sorry for asking to much. Currently looking for my 1st BA iem. :)

Yep it will suit metal and/or rock, the speed is excellent, cymbal sound will be crisp, though it would be slightly behind the mid...

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #122 of 341
Thank you so much for the feedback. I listen to most metal/rock/hardcore from my ipod 5G. Would you recommend this IEM amped or unamped? How much does sound signature change whether amped or unamped?

Cheers mate :)

Apr 26, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #124 of 341
I have a pair of VC1000 on loan at the moment thanks to a very helpful Head-Fier.

They're indeed rather impressive for the price that was clear within the first 20 seconds. I've only used them with the Rocco BA so far, they both synergize really well. Very crisp with a rather natural timbre. Call me impressed.

Not surprising from Vsonic. Can someone tell me something though? How the hell to you work out which one is left & right? I cannot see any markings in the housing? :eek:

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #125 of 341
Would you mind giving a sold review H20?  I unfortunately had a brain dead moment and ruined my R-50s which was a love hate relationship (haha, one moment I'd think they were the best thing since sliced bread, and then other times I'd hate them).  I'd be interested on you take between the two specifically.  I understand from others that these are Fun type instead of analytical.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #126 of 341
I've retired for tonight, though I have the R-50 here right beside VC1000 which I've only spent 20 minutes with in total. I'll chime In tomorrow sometime. Though $115 I don't know why VC1000 hasn't taken of yet, it's highly being overlooked. I'm leaning for it over a pair of Heir 3Ai I have here. :p

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #127 of 341
Quote:
I have a pair of VC1000 on loan at the moment thanks to a very helpful Head-Fier.

They're indeed rather impressive for the price that was clear within the first 20 seconds. I've only used them with the Rocco BA so far, they both synergize really well. Very crisp with a rather natural timbre. Call me impressed.

Not surprising from Vsonic. Can someone tell me something though? How the hell to you work out which one is left & right? I cannot see any markings in the housing?
eek.gif

there is marking, just extremely small one on the strain relief just off the joint on the body...you'll see...
wink_face.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #128 of 341
Quote:
I've retired for tonight, though I have the R-50 here right beside VC1000 which I've only spent 20 minutes with in total. I'll chime In tomorrow sometime. Though $115 I don't know why VC1000 hasn't taken of yet, it's highly being overlooked. I'm leaning for it over a pair of Heir 3Ai I have here.
tongue.gif

That's it mate, it needs to be hyped, it's definitely the dark horse of 2013...give it a good, thorough review, and hopefully that will give some people courage to take the punt and buy one...

Quote:
Would you mind giving a sold review H20?  I unfortunately had a brain dead moment and ruined my R-50s which was a love hate relationship (haha, one moment I'd think they were the best thing since sliced bread, and then other times I'd hate them).  I'd be interested on you take between the two specifically.  I understand from others that these are Fun type instead of analytical.

Totally different to R-50, VC1000 is not analytical for a start, it is balanced and fun with excellent speed and timbre, bass is slightly bigger than neutral, but will get up when called upon, as I said in my review, think of UE700 with forward mids

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #129 of 341
I've been looking at this since forever as an "upgrade" over my RE-ZERO, just trying to save up money. Can anyone here compare them to the RE-ZERO?

Quote:
I've retired for tonight, though I have the R-50 here right beside VC1000 which I've only spent 20 minutes with in total. I'll chime In tomorrow sometime. Though $115 I don't know why VC1000 hasn't taken of yet, it's highly being overlooked. I'm leaning for it over a pair of Heir 3Ai I have here.
tongue.gif

Where does one get it for $115? Sorry, I only know of bigbargainonline from ebay and s/he sells it for $125.

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #130 of 341
I've been looking at this since forever as an "upgrade" over my RE-ZERO, just trying to save up money. Can anyone here compare them to the RE-ZERO?

Where does one get it for $115? Sorry, I only know of bigbargainonline from ebay and s/he sells it for $125.

It works out to be $115 AUS with our current exchange rate ( + $5 shipping ) (same seller)

I had a listen for you last night regarding the R-50 & VC1000.

The VC1000 are indeed thicker in the mid range they won't sound so delicately thin like R-50 they're also warmer, so not as bright as R-50, they hold similar detailing levels possibly more on the VC, also they're especially decent when decay is concerned around the mid range, VC1000 has much more natural timbre to boot which will fit with a larger majority of genre's. There's a little more bass in the VC1000, not huge amounts but noticeably filling out the low end which will suit EDM and the likes a lot more, so I guess you can say VC is the funner choice.

The treble is similar due to the Knowles BA but again VC1000 sounds thicker upstairs. One thing R-50 has VC1000 completely beaten is soundstage, you won't have the same width as the R-50, it's quite noticeably smaller but still fine for everything to work within the stage it has. It's a rather enjoyable IEM, I think if your R-50 are Kaput these would make a nice alternative. Btw: I found the L /R markings on the strain reliefs, they're tiny! Luckily Vsonic was thinking ahead putting a little lip / dot for you to feel on the right side which makes sorting them a breeze. I'm actually thinking of selling my R-50 and grabbing a pair of these because I think I prefer them.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #132 of 341
that is a big, big call...

Well I've been comparing them a little, it's mostly the VC1000 sit very nicely with Hisounds Rocco BA, sometimes you luck in with synergy,these two fit very well together, Even more so the R-50 don't sit with the Rocco that well. One thing that stands out to me for certain is VC1000 have more micro detail, I tested for this today.

If I wanted an on the go IEM I think VC1000 would be a great choice, that silver / copper mix cable is certainly helping. it shows that Vsonic are really thinking for the audiophiles out there, not often you see an IEM ship with a cable made of silver / copper stock, they also do so for GR07 MK2.

I just really enjoy every Knowles BA I have heard, from the B2, R-50, VC1000. They excel in many areas.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #133 of 341
Quote:
Well I've been comparing them a little, it's mostly the VC1000 sit very nicely with Hisounds Rocco BA, sometimes you luck in with synergy,these two fit very well together, Even more so the R-50 don't sit with the Rocco that well. One thing that stands out to me for certain is VC1000 have more micro detail, I tested for this today.

If I wanted an on the go IEM I think VC1000 would be a great choice, that silver / copper mix cable is certainly helping. it shows that Vsonic are really thinking for the audiophiles out there, not often you see an IEM ship with a cable made of silver / copper stock, they also do so for GR07 MK2.

I just really enjoy every Knowles BA I have heard, from the B2, R-50, VC1000. They excel in many areas.

Come on boys and girls...certainly a thumbs up from one of the senior HFiers is good enough for you to take a gamble on VC1000 
beyersmile.png

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #134 of 341
Quote:

Come on boys and girls...certainly a thumbs up from one of the senior HFiers is good enough for you to take a gamble on VC1000 
beyersmile.png

I was almost sold on the VC1000 until H20 said that soundstage was worse than the R-50 (I never listened to the R-50). Hopefully, the soundstage is still out-of-the-head, like the RE-262. Also, the VC1000 is the only thing I'm interested right now, so I'll most likely get it, just that I don't have much experience/many IEMs, so I can't really do any comparisons/impressions.

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #135 of 341
Well, I took the plunge!  I'll give you guys a complete novice's viewpoint once they get in.  I'm hoping that these bring everything I loved about the R-50 without the quality issues.  I'm looking forward to the slightly heavier bass too.  Something about the R-50s just made them so nice to listen to on long flights, so hopefully these will be similar.

ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back