VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #286 of 341
  The fit of the GR07 did just not fit well for me. How comfortable are the VC1000s though? Can  you easily wear them for hours without any issues?

Definitely. The only slight discomfort for me is that there is a thin little line around the ear tip that can get a little uncomfortable. But you can find after market tips. But worn straight down, they are among the most comfortable of iems I've tried. Not deep insertion and very light.

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #288 of 341
I just received mine from bigbargainonline on ebay for $119 last Wednesday to replace my lost TBA04.  They may be discontinued but you can still find them

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #290 of 341
  Does VC 1000 sound (vocal) same as Gr 01 (difference only in changeable filters)? 

No, they're tuned differently.

Save yourself a headache and get VC1000, myself and others found GR01 riddled with vocal sibilance. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #296 of 341
I need to clean my VC1000s but have little idea how to do it. Anyone managed to take them apart?

If you can avoid removing the meshing that is recommended, meaning don't try and remove that little clip holding the meshing in.

What I do is use a Q-tip (those cotton buds you clean your ears with) dip it in some methylated spirits and clean the grills / meshing.

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #297 of 341
Well, it's been a huge headache trying to get the VC1000's to be repaired.  I shipped them back to bigbargainonline, but after a couple of months they have still not received the defective pair. Unfortunately bigbargainonline told me through email that sending them second-class USPS airmail to Hong-Kong would be the cheapest way. This means though that I lost tracking capabilities by the USPS once they left US customs. I've spent hours on the phone with multiple USPS representatives, but they are claiming there is absolutely nothing they can do since the package is showing it left customs at the end of July.

I absolutely loved my VC1000's but what good is the 1 year warranty if it's impossible to use?  Also, it's possible that I had a random lemon (faulty) IEM, but I've only ever used them sitting at my desk at work... so there was never any really hardship on earpiece that stopped working.

I guess at this point I give up and will just use my X10's until I'm ready for a new IEM.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #299 of 341
Has anyone compared these to audio technica's dual ba iem, im02? I'm pretty set on getting those unless these vc1000 are comparable/an upgrade from my havis (love the havis but not the driver housing shape >.<).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back