VSONIC VC02 Thread
Jan 17, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #226 of 791
The VC02 just got measured here:
http://rinchoi.blogspot.sg/2013/01/vsonic-vc02-wonder-of-3mm.html?m=1
Overall,it measures really well with the flaw being the polarity being inverted. Inverting the way the cables are plugged into the housing solves this niggling problem, leaving what seems like a spectacular deal - look at that fabulous highfrequency extension!

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #227 of 791
Wow those look pretty great for a $40 IEM. Look at that impulse response! The ringing is a bit more than I'd like to see (still great for $40), but these are speedy little things by the look of it. Of course, the tiny little drivers probably help with that. 

I'd have to concur with the commenter; square wave response would be nice to see. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #228 of 791
Quote:
The VC02 just got measured here:
http://rinchoi.blogspot.sg/2013/01/vsonic-vc02-wonder-of-3mm.html?m=1
Overall,it measures really well with the flaw being the polarity being inverted. Inverting the way the cables are plugged into the housing solves this niggling problem, leaving what seems like a spectacular deal - look at that fabulous highfrequency extension!

Pretty impressive findings by Rinchoi. It confirms my own idea about the VC02's performance being really impressive for their price. I must try inverting the polarity as he's suggesting, to hear what changes in their sound...

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #229 of 791
Time to go down to get my VC02s. This shows the level of technical expertise of Vsonic, especially for budget IEMs. Leaves me eager to see their flagship, even if I cannot afford it. The VC02 seems to be the successor of the RE-ZEROs and RE0 at this price, having none of the peakiness of the Hifimans and cheaper, with less iffy build to my eyes. Seems to be a no-brainer. Also, according to Rinchoi, its actually even flatter than the graph suggests - the dip in the mids will effectively be neutralized by group delay. Certainly stunning performance at this price point.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #230 of 791
Quote:
Time to go down to get my VC02s. This shows the level of technical expertise of Vsonic, especially for budget IEMs. Leaves me eager to see their flagship, even if I cannot afford it. The VC02 seems to be the successor of the RE-ZEROs and RE0 at this price, having none of the peakiness of the Hifimans and cheaper, with less iffy build to my eyes. Seems to be a no-brainer. Also, according to Rinchoi, its actually even flatter than the graph suggests - the dip in the mids will effectively be neutralized by group delay. Certainly stunning performance at this price point.

Even if their sound signature isn't my favourite kind, I must admit I was very impressed by the quality and detail of their sound, specially at their price! The removable cable is also a plus. And, he's right about the deep insertion too! Using small foam tips and inserting as deep as I can gives me smoother sound...

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #231 of 791
Glad you guys like the analysis. I would note that a very deep fit is a must, those that reported sibilance earlier clearly didn't do a deep enough fit.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #234 of 791
Quote:
Glad you guys like the analysis. I would note that a very deep fit is a must, those that reported sibilance earlier clearly didn't do a deep enough fit.

Would triple flanges or double flanges do for depth? Its weird how Vsonic designed it to work best with such a deep insertion. One can only wish they reengineered it to be even flatter with shallow insertion, ala Hifiman. I would kill for a refined version of this driver in the $70-100 price range. Might be something that will really compete with much of the best selections at such a price point and easily best most of them.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #238 of 791
would there be a way of adding a mic to these since they have a removable cable?

Maybe, if the earphones themselves are wired internally to be able to do so.
How do you irereverse polarity ?

To reverse the polarity, which comes already reversed, back to normal, just connect the cables to the earphones in reverse (flipped over). Doesn't affect ergonomics.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #240 of 791
I'm really happy with the SQ of these teeny IEMs. Coming from another Vsonic (RO2 Pro II), these are a nice upgrade. 

Since the consensus is to deep insert these, does it make sense to use the smallest tips? I'm using the red ones and haven't heard any bass rumble so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back