VSONIC VC02 Thread
Jan 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #242 of 791
finally received them after waiting for about 2 month.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #246 of 791
www.lendmeurears.com

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #249 of 791
Quote:
Better place is ebay from the seller barginbinonline cost $41 shipped you'll get it in a week or two.... I got it in a week , plus I just ordered the hisoundaudio pdda-1 3rd anv. Editon today.

For Vsonic stuff, its better to order from LMUE because they have a warehouse in the US.

Probably going down either today or tomorrow to buy my VC02. Strangely, there seems to be even less love for the VC02 than even the GR06. Nevertheless, given the dearth of impressions, I have taken the liberty to look at some Chinese impressions. No links though, because I am not translating the whole thing (nor do I have the ability to do it quickly and accurately) - will just give the gist of comparisons  - more if time permits.

General consensus there suggests that the highs of the VC02 are very special in that it blends the best traits of both good BA and dynamic designs - the speed, resolution and clarity of BAs with the relative smoothness and texture of dynamics. It does need deep insertion though. There is someone that prefers the VC02 over the Sennie IE80 for acoustic music (YUI - the j-pop artiste, to be exact), claiming it does not have the tizzyness of the IE80. Also, the mids of the VC02 are very pure and cleaner than the mid-centric Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 (rated quite highly by Joker), but lacks the insight of the In-ear 3, yet the VC02 has more refined/delicate mids. (contradiction, much? - either that, or my underpractised command of Chinese is not getting it). Bass is snappy (faster than normal dynamics yet slower than BAs) and has impact but not really deep or rumbly. Will look further, but general impressions seem to corroborate with those of Western head-fiers. Strange lack of hype given the pedigree and design though.

Regarding the build, apparently the model name is laser-engraved onto the body of the VC02 as opposed to being silkscreened. I am skeptical though, because if so, the build quality would seem to be beyond reproach, especially for a budget IEM such as this. Can anyone confirm if its engraved, because that is my sole concern regarding the build?

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #250 of 791
Quote:
For Vsonic stuff, its better to order from LMUE because they have a warehouse in the US.

Probably going down either today or tomorrow to buy my VC02. Strangely, there seems to be even less love for the VC02 than even the GR06. Nevertheless, given the dearth of impressions, I have taken the liberty to look at some Chinese impressions. No links though, because I am not translating the whole thing (nor do I have the ability to do it quickly and accurately) - will just give the gist of comparisons  - more if time permits.

General consensus there suggests that the highs of the VC02 are very special in that it blends the best traits of both good BA and dynamic designs - the speed, resolution and clarity of BAs with the relative smoothness and texture of dynamics. It does need deep insertion though. There is someone that prefers the VC02 over the Sennie IE80 for acoustic music (YUI - the j-pop artiste, to be exact), claiming it does not have the tizzyness of the IE80. Also, the mids of the VC02 are very pure and cleaner than the mid-centric Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 (rated quite highly by Joker), but lacks the insight of the In-ear 3, yet the VC02 has more refined/delicate mids. (contradiction, much? - either that, or my underpractised command of Chinese is not getting it). Bass is snappy (faster than normal dynamics yet slower than BAs) and has impact but not really deep or rumbly. Will look further, but general impressions seem to corroborate with those of Western head-fiers. Strange lack of hype given the pedigree and design though.

Regarding the build, apparently the model name is laser-engraved onto the body of the VC02 as opposed to being silkscreened. I am skeptical though, because if so, the build quality would seem to be beyond reproach, especially for a budget IEM such as this. Can anyone confirm if its engraved, because that is my sole concern regarding the build?

You sold me on the VC02! 

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #251 of 791
In our local forums headphiles.org they'll be starting to post impressions by this week it just started to get some hype last weekend. I'll post whatever they'll say about VC02's. Hopefully VC02's will get more love, according to my music taste it made me forget about r06, a151, and sm iems at all, not only its better sounding. By far its more comfortable, gives better isolation, good soundstage, speed, detail, and great features unknown before in sub $40 iem scene. A big cheers to Vsonic for giving us this kind of quality for the price. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #252 of 791
Quote:

It dont looks like it is laser-engraved 

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #254 of 791
Quote:
In our local forums headphiles.org they'll be starting to post impressions by this week it just started to get some hype last weekend. I'll post whatever they'll say about VC02's. Hopefully VC02's will get more love, according to my music taste it made me forget about r06, a151, and sm iems at all, not only its better sounding. By far its more comfortable, gives better isolation, good soundstage, speed, detail, and great features unknown before in sub $40 iem scene. A big cheers to Vsonic for giving us this kind of quality for the price. 
beerchug.gif

I agree with all of the above. Excellent value for a $40 phone.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #255 of 791
For those who have both the vc-02, and an mh1c, how does the vc-02 stack up against the mh1c? On a scale of 1 - 10,where would the vc-02 rank in terms of bass impact? With 1 being almost sterile and 10 being the same as the mh1c. I do have a pair of mh1c's,but more treble and tighter,less boomy bass would be nice. Thanks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back