VSONIC VC02 Thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #211 of 791
Quote:
I spent a little time with it yesterday to write detailed initial impressions and I haven't done any tip swapping - I just used the double-flanges. Anyway, I expected it to be a lot brighter and to have aggressive treble but it's actually pretty smooth - I don't hear any sibilance and the treble is pretty unobtrusive. The vc02 is a little bit bass light but has a decent speed for a dynamic driver. Mids are nice - I wouldn't call the lower mids recessed or the upper mids forward. I have several pairs of altec lansing im716 and the VC02 is almost nothing like it. I'll do some more listening the next few days and will maybe write a short review - as it is the vc02 is fairly balanced and a decent performer for its price. 

I think China customs employees have already burned-in your pair.
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #212 of 791
Yeah, it's possible. Maybe when they opened it they saw the Chinese label advising to burn-in the headphones, so they said "We should probably burn-in these as the guy receiving them won't understand Chinese". They were also very helpful at doing a thorough job of checking the package, so I don't have issues with my local customs. That;s probably why my customs released the package right away - they just opened it and realized it has been checked well enough.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #213 of 791
I spent a little time with it yesterday to write detailed initial impressions and I haven't done any tip swapping - I just used the double-flanges. Anyway, I expected it to be a lot brighter and to have aggressive treble but it's actually pretty smooth - I don't hear any sibilance and the treble is pretty unobtrusive. The vc02 is a little bit bass light but has a decent speed for a dynamic driver. Mids are nice - I wouldn't call the lower mids recessed or the upper mids forward. I have several pairs of altec lansing im716 and the VC02 is almost nothing like it. I'll do some more listening the next few days and will maybe write a short review - as it is the vc02 is fairly balanced and a decent performer for its price. 

well, i don't know if it's because my im716 got modded, so the sounds may differ from yours.
the VC02 is good companion with my 5th gen iMod and GoVibe Derringer.

Sent from my Mind using Tapatalk 2

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #214 of 791
I got my VC02 pair. I'll leave sound impressions for later, as I barely had time to try them. One thing I noticed, about the cables and connecting them to the shells, how does one know the correct position to plug them? The shells have a small hole that can stay oin the upside or downside when the shell is connected to the cable, and I assumed that the right position is with that small hole facing down. Is this right? 
confused.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #215 of 791
Quote:
I got my VC02 pair. I'll leave sound impressions for later, as I barely had time to try them. One thing I noticed, about the cables and connecting them to the shells, how does one know the correct position to plug them? The shells have a small hole that can stay oin the upside or downside when the shell is connected to the cable, and I assumed that the right position is with that small hole facing down. Is this right? 
confused.gif

I didn't even notice the small hole until I read your post. I think with the small hole facing down is the correct way to connect the cables.. With the small hole facing down the VC02 written on the housing is upright instead of upside down when you have the small hole on top. That's my take anyway.
smile.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #216 of 791
Quote:
I didn't even notice the small hole until I read your post. I think with the small hole facing down is the correct way to connect the cables.. With the small hole facing down the VC02 written on the housing is upright instead of upside down when you have the small hole on top. That's my take anyway.
smile.gif

I think you're right, as I didn't even noticed the lettering being upside down, but it makes even more sense now! 

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #217 of 791
Quote:

smile.gif

I confirm that holes must face down. Otherwise earphone sounds at a bit lower volume. But still it is interesting if there are any differences in sound sig. Does pushing or pulling a driver layer change the way it sounds???
confused.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #219 of 791
Well I sent my defective (DOA on arrival - one channel was substantially lower volume than the other - could be snapped back by squeezing the IEM, but it would drop right back off) off to Singapore on Saturday at the Post office.

I sent a message to Lend Me Yur Ears asking if there was some way to expedite the return as I thought a one month turnaround (1 week to Singapore - 2-3 weeks return) was a tad long for an item that was bad out of the box. I understand if I had been listening to them for a few months and they went bad, I would be subject to the time it takes to ship back and forth, but these never worked.

In addition, Lend Me Yur Ears is now offering US customers quicker shipping out of a US warehouse - I wanted to see if they could ship the replacements out of there - I was told they would do that providing I left a paypal deposit for the cost of the second pair that would be refunded upon receipt of the defective pair. I told them OK and gave them the address to send the paypal invoice - now it has been 2 days and I haven't got the invoice...

Aarrgghh - I really would like to demo these things

Am I expecting too much? I sent them an email copy of my post office receipt. I just know of other companies that when they send something out DOA, they immediately send out a new one and wait for the bad one - they are the ones who wait. Oh well, it's only $40.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #220 of 791
As a note of caution - defective buds were shipped to Singapore on the 5th - I was told there would be a deposit required to expedite my replacements - to date, no invoice for deposit - and no response from emails for almost a week. Caveat Emptor.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #222 of 791
Quote:
does anyone have a comparison against the mh1c?

Both have different signatures, the VC02 has a clean sound and is fairly well balanced, the MH1C is warm sounding with emphasized bass.

Lows:  The MH1C definitely is more abundant in mid-bass and sub-bass, while the VC02 has a lower amount of bass I don't find it lacking for the music I listen to, perhaps you might wish for more if you listen to bassier music, I also find that it is more tighter and punchy than the MH1C.

Mids:  Mids on the MH1C are lush and full sounding, whereas the VC02 is more on the neutral side and not as full, but at the same time they don't sound thin.  For a warm sounding iem, the MH1C can push out a decent amount of detail but the VC02 wins here, in general there are more details and they can be heard more clearly.  VC02 clarity is also much better due to their contrasting signatures and more clear vocals too.

Highs:  Smooth and laid back on the MH1C, VC02 highs are brighter, more crisp and sparkly with no harshness or sibilance and are positioned just how I like it, not recessed or too forward.

Soundstage:  Both share a similar stage, neither small nor large.  I find that the VC02 stage has a little bit more width and depth but only if I am listening to something which is well recorded/mastered such as classical or jazz, and it has the edge on instrument separation.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #223 of 791
Quote:

Both have different signatures, the VC02 has a clean sound and is fairly well balanced, the MH1C is warm sounding with emphasized bass.

Lows:  The MH1C definitely is more abundant in mid-bass and sub-bass, while the VC02 has a lower amount of bass I don't find it lacking for the music I listen to, perhaps you might wish for more if you listen to bassier music, I also find that it is more tighter and punchy than the MH1C.

Mids:  Mids on the MH1C are lush and full sounding, whereas the VC02 is more on the neutral side and not as full, but at the same time they don't sound thin.  For a warm sounding iem, the MH1C can push out a decent amount of detail but the VC02 wins here, in general there are more details and they can be heard more clearly.  VC02 clarity is also much better due to their contrasting signatures and more clear vocals too.

Highs:  Smooth and laid back on the MH1C, VC02 highs are brighter, more crisp and sparkly with no harshness or sibilance and are positioned just how I like it, not recessed or too forward.

Soundstage:  Both share a similar stage, neither small nor large.  I find that the VC02 stage has a little bit more width and depth but only if I am listening to something which is well recorded/mastered such as classical or jazz, and it has the edge on instrument separation.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back