VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Dec 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #571 of 924
Quote:

Don't count on that... VSONIC main focus is the chinese internal market. The "rest of the world" market is pretty much non-existant for them, as Head-Fi is too...

^ ^ ^ That. I'm also pretty sure the Vsonic team does not need to read any head-fi comments that the gr08 should sound amazing. I haven't heard a vsonic iem that is not banging harder than its asking price. Vsonic is not a company that will get an OEM design, slap a vsonic logo on it and call it "flagship" with a $400 price tag. So, I'm not worried at all about how the gr08 will sound, I'm only worried about my wallet.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #572 of 924
Quote:
If GR08 goes over $450, I'm pulling out, $400 even pushing it.

Yeah, me too.  I think $350 is the most I would spend.

But hey...I will read the thread about how great they are once they are released...and I'll probably end up spending more.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #573 of 924
I don't know guys. Taking into account that IEMs like the Shure SE535 and Sennheiser IE80 retail for around $450, I wouldn't mind paying $400 or even a little more for an IEM that will totally blow them out the water.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #574 of 924
Quote:
I don't know guys. Taking into account that IEMs like the Shure SE535 and Sennheiser IE80 retail for around $450, I wouldn't mind paying $400 or even a little more for an IEM that will totally blow them out the water.

Any of those sums are madness to me, when you can get a CIEM for far less. Why would you spend $450 on a universal like a SE535 or an IE80 that will be an inferior fit and sound to a custom ?

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #575 of 924
Quote:

Any of those sums are madness to me, when you can get a CIEM for far less. Why would you spend $450 on a universal like a SE535 or an IE80 that will be an inferior fit and sound to a custom ?

Not all customs are better than universals. Also, some people prefer universals over customs maybe because isolation is extremely high or the audiologist did not mould their ear shape professionally and causes pain. I would love a custom but getting custom moulds here in New Zealand are hella expensive. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #576 of 924
Quote:
Not all customs are better than universals. Also, some people prefer universals over customs maybe because isolation is extremely high or the audiologist did not mould their ear shape professionally and causes pain. I would love a custom but getting custom moulds here in New Zealand are hella expensive. 

Hey mate, you can get them through these guys here which include all shipping cost, I'm sure they will ship to EnZed
http://www.acustoms.com.au/

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #577 of 924
Quote:

Well, just count all the people here on Head-Fi that have at least one of those models. You'll see they are not few people
tongue_smile.gif
There are many reasons why someone wouldn't spend on a CIEM, Vlooienuker mentioned some.

In my case, I wouldn't spend that amount on the IEMs I mentioned, because I think they are extremely overpriced, but I would gladly pay that sum for an IEM with a sound close to a K3003 (I remember having read here on Head-Fi that some users enjoyed their K3003 as much as they enjoyed their customs like UM Miracle and such).

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #578 of 924
Just because you've got some drivers in a custom shell doesn't mean it's automatically going to better than any drivers in a universal shell. Customs used to be all high end so they gained a god like status. Now that more budget manufacturers are around people expect them to all carry that high end sound but AFAIK that just isn't the case.

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #579 of 924
Quote:
Just because you've got some drivers in a custom shell doesn't mean it's automatically going to better than any drivers in a universal shell. Customs used to be all high end so they gained a god like status. Now that more budget manufacturers are around people expect them to all carry that high end sound but AFAIK that just isn't the case.

Thats true, people think CIEMs are better than universals is because it looks more "professional" and recording artists use it. Trust me, there are a lot of universals better than customs. Probably the GR08 or H-200 will beat some or all the CIEMs in that price bracket.

Quote:

Hey mate, you can get them through these guys here which include all shipping cost, I'm sure they will ship to EnZed
http://www.acustoms.com.au/

Thanks but how will I do it? I must go over there to get the moulds done? Not flying there for some moulds haha. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #580 of 924
Quote:

I accept that.

What I was trying to say (not very well, I grant you 
rolleyes.gif
) was that the SE535 and IE80 are now massively overpriced compared to available CIEM's from the likes of Cosmic Ears. I've heard an SE530 (not a 535) and an IE80 and I was totally unimpressed with both, for the price they are. They are totally overpriced, mass production IEM's - nothing wrong with their sound, I just don't think they are anything like worth their price, when I can get a $300 CIEM that sounds significantly better. I am well aware of course, that there are $1500 universal IEM's out there that no doubt blow a significant amount of CIEM's out of the water.

What I am questioning here is value for money. If Vsonic manage to produce the GR08 at such a pricepoint as it blows all its competition out of the water, then happy days, but if it comes in at $450 and you can get a CIEM that is better value for money, then it makes no sense to buy it, unless you have got some particular reason for not buying a CIEM. And I accept that there are reasons, for some people.

I'm a big fan of Vsonic's work. I have a GR07 Mk.II and a VC02 and I think both are excellent value for money. Having recently received a T-PEOS H-100 however, it blows my GR07 away and it's a similar pricepoint in the UK.

What I want from the GR08 is for it to be another defining product at it's pricepoint. $250 and best in its class, then I am in. $300+ and then in my opinion, other options should be considered.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #581 of 924
Aurisonics recent three-driver hybrid has a MSRP of $499, but just offered a special deal to its loyal customers that brought the price down as low as $300. And then again, certain retailers are given leeway to offer products at a lower cost than the MSRP. So what I'm saying is this all speculation and no need to panic one way or the other. The first three dynamic driver IEM - JVC FXZ200/100 - cost anywhere from about $250 (for the FXZ100) to $400 (for the FXZ200) on ebay. I've just bought the FXZ100 from Amazon Japan for under $200 (shipped to the USA), I've seen the FXZ200 for as low as $205 (which would take it to about $230 shipped to the USA). So you never know what prices will look like. As for me, I want quality and the best bang for my buck. Vsonic has been great with their recent products in providing both.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #582 of 924
One major reason I wouldn't get a ciem is basically no resale value.
Also you canhave audiologists make customs for universals, or buy a do it yourself kit. Universals are just more versatile that way.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #583 of 924
Quote:
Aurisonics recent three-driver hybrid has a MSRP of $499, but just offered a special deal to its loyal customers that brought the price down as low as $300. And then again, certain retailers are given leeway to offer products at a lower cost than the MSRP. So what I'm saying is this all speculation and no need to panic one way or the other. The first three dynamic driver IEM - JVC FXZ200/100 - cost anywhere from about $250 (for the FXZ100) to $400 (for the FXZ200) on ebay. I've just bought the FXZ100 from Amazon Japan for under $200 (shipped to the USA), I've seen the FXZ200 for as low as $205 (which would take it to about $230 shipped to the USA). So you never know what prices will look like. As for me, I want quality and the best bang for my buck. Vsonic has been great with their recent products in providing both.

Is that their ASG 2? Or? I dont think the ASG 2 is released yet?

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #585 of 924
Pre-orders have started.  They are planned to begin shipping late January after NAMM. 

So I come across the GR08 thread and the most recent post says "Pre-orders have started."

My heart literally skipped a beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back