VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #5,521 of 7,982
Quote:
I also had doubts about over the ear, but GR07 is very comfortable, once you put them in your ears you just forget they are there, the adjustable nozzle and the flush fit helps a lot. If you listen to rock and metal GR07 has amazing timbre, natural sound and instrument separation. The guitars, drums and vocals sound just great. As far as I know the most recommended IEM for Rock and Metal on this forum is GR07. Maybe for other genres like EDM or RAP there are better in this price range, but for Rock is hard to beat IMO.

Easily the most comfortable for 'over-the-ear' wear I've had so far, so that shouldn't dissuade anyone when choosing.  The GR07 is typically the most recommended for Rock/Metal, and I have to agree there - hard to best indeed.  I feel the RE-400 isn't far behind in most aspects though, soI genuinely feel they are well suited for those genres (else I'd have just moved straight to the MKII) but still... I'm left with a bit of separation anxiety without a GR07.  Perhaps one day we will be reunited 
cool.gif

Quote:
Still no info on the VSD7 and VSD9 release date but apparently the VSD9's driver diaphragm is made of some very unique and rare material or whatever coz vconic's ceo said it's so hard to obtain that now they can make only 120 VSD9 units a year, which makes it quite the limited edition iem. VSD9's price for overseas will be $650.

Graphene?? 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 I wish...

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #5,522 of 7,982
Quote:
Easily the most comfortable for 'over-the-ear' wear I've had so far, so that shouldn't dissuade anyone when choosing.  The GR07 is typically the most recommended for Rock/Metal, and I have to agree there - hard to best indeed.  I feel the RE-400 isn't far behind in most aspects though, so I genuinely feel they are well suited for those genres (else I'd have just moved straight to the MKII) but still... I'm left with a bit of separation anxiety without a GR07.  Perhaps one day we will be reunited 
cool.gif

Graphene?? 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 I wish...

Perhaps you shouldn't have sold them. 
size]
 Although I now have the BE and sold off my mkii, I now kinda wish that I had both. Ryan and I had several discussions about the differences between the two. The general consensus was that there was an enormous difference between the two. Yet, for some reason I still wish I had not sold the mkii. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #5,524 of 7,982
Just ordered Gr07 mkII from http://www.lendmeurears.com/specials.php sale. Waiting for the delivery to Poland will be a real test of my patience ;D
Also I'm little worried about this over the ear thing, as I'm not used to wearing iems like this - hope that it will turn out just fine.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #5,525 of 7,982
You should not be worried. Once you get used to, it is very easy to put them in and they are very comfortable. Also the sound is just marvelous. They are worth every penny, especially now at the discount price, it is such a bargain. Enjoy them.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #5,530 of 7,982
What would you guys recommend as an upgrade to the GR07? I like their sound signature, but I'm looking for something more refined with better highs. I'm considering the Phonak PFE232, but I'm not sure if it'd be a significant improvement.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #5,532 of 7,982
Surely you know that audiophile journey is more like a neverending story. So as much as I would like the GR07 to be my end game iem - it won't be. But that's just fine.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #5,533 of 7,982
The Ety ER6i was my "New Hope." The Triple Fi.10 was my "Empire." The GR-07 was my "Return of."

There will never be another sequel...oh wait...looks like something's happening on that front...oh well. :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #5,534 of 7,982
DANGER! DANGER

Ok, I'm unsubscribing before someone answers you. I am happy w/ my GR-07. I am happy w/ my GR-07. I am happy w/ my GR-07.

I had a chance to audition the Sennheiser IE-800 and I can't say it was significantly better than the GR07. Better? Yes, but my jaw did not hit the floor, not even close. It's getting harder to imagine that there is something good enough to make me want to get rid of it. I think maybe I'll get rid of my J3 before the GR07 - the DX50 is looking pretty dang sweet for $240 or so.

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #5,535 of 7,982
  I had a chance to audition the Sennheiser IE-800 and I can't say it was significantly better than the GR07. Better? Yes, but my jaw did not hit the floor, not even close. It's getting harder to imagine that there is something good enough to make me want to get rid of it. I think maybe I'll get rid of my J3 before the GR07 - the DX50 is looking pretty dang sweet for $240 or so.

I'd say audition the ASG-2 if possible. We've both had similar journeys, and I think the ASG-2 is a good step up from the 07.

I'll possibly get my hands on another GR07 soon, so I'll PM you about the differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back