VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #4,366 of 7,982
Quote:
Because I didn't notice changes until they passed 150 - 200 hours, by setting them up at night or doing burn in sessions (manually) you're giving them a head start on that 250 - 300 hours I mentioned. The bio-cellulose drivers are a solid material, it takes many many hours to penetrate through the several layers.
I'm not even the biggest believer in burn in actually, but these will smooth over and the sibilance eases, I noticed an increase in dynamics and separation aswell. But defientely the sibilance goes away. There were tracks I couldn't handle when my GR07 were new, there was a lot of Sshh sssh SSHHH going on and Ttt Ttttt, Ppp Ppp in vocals, to the point I'd change tracks, months later with the same player, same track, same EQ it's gone.
smile.gif
I know that for a fact!

Good to know.

So after 300 hrs, how does your GR07's treble compare to the treble of some of your other favorite IEMs, such as the H-100?

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #4,367 of 7,982
Good to know.

So after 300 hrs, how does your GR07's treble compare to the treble of some of your other favorite IEMs, such as the H-100?

GR07 treble > smoother but less extension, not quite as crisp as H-100, possibly better timbre for acoustic genre's. (preference thing) :wink:

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #4,370 of 7,982
Am not sure if this question has been asked already...does anyone have an issue with regards to the swiveling port? After 2 months of use I haven't got any problems but since it is a moving part, I'm concerned if there will be some loosening at one point

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #4,372 of 7,982
I'm really loving my GR07 right now. Ever since I got my MH1C, it's been relegated to strictly home duty. However, I've rediscovered just how damn good it sounds at lower volumes. The mids are just syrupy sweet on the right songs, pianos and strings make my toes curl, and of course percussion is as good as ever.

I'm listening to "When You Were Young" by The Killers, and it's just a joy on my GR07.

The MH1C tips are also a blessing from the hi-fi gods.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #4,373 of 7,982
GR07MKII is surely one of the best dynamics out there and among the best value you can get. 

I want to thank Flysweep for the loan, I'm really enjoying these things. I'm using Sony Hybrids but Meeelc A161 single flange tips are also very nice with these as are the MH1 tips. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #4,374 of 7,982
Yeah, in the beginning I started listening only to the mh1c for some mental burn-in but after returning to the gr07 in several days it sounded so much better than I remembered it. The mh1c's tips are like made especially for it. I did some extensive comparison between them and the gr07's stock tips and meelec single-flange tips I was using before. I don't know if I'm going crazy but I can swear that the gr07 with the mh1c's tips has better instrumental separation and smoother treble. Also instruments sound more life-like, especially the guitars. Those tips are insane and because of the angle of the nozzles there is none of the that suction like with the mh1c.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #4,375 of 7,982
Quote:
Yeah, in the beginning I started listening only to the mh1c for some mental burn-in but after returning to the gr07 in several days it sounded so much better than I remembered it. The mh1c's tips are like made especially for it. I did some extensive comparison between them and the gr07's stock tips and meelec single-flange tips I was using before. I don't know if I'm going crazy but I can swear that the gr07 with the mh1c's tips has better instrumental separation and smoother treble. Also instruments sound more life-like, especially the guitars. Those tips are insane and because of the angle of the nozzles there is none of the that suction like with the mh1c.

Exactly! I'm considering getting a backup MH1C just so I can have more tips.

Everybody should listen to the album Sam's Town by the Killers. It's one of those albums that make you want to kiss your GR07.

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #4,376 of 7,982
Inks & Eke.. how is the GR07 MKII's 'house sound' affected with the MH1C tips? I'm particularly interested in comparisons with the stock single flange (which I've found the be the most accurate & balanced in terms of sound reproduction).

If you've followed the early stages of the original GR07 (MKI) thread, I detailed quite a bit of tip rolling.. I practically threw everything I could find at them.. after all that, I discovered that the stock single flange is the best tip (or at least my preference) that colors the sound the least.  I'm not overly sensitive to any particular frequency and I prefer as clear & transparent a sound as possible from the GR07.  While the stock single flange seems to provide the most accurate representation of the GR07 MKII's tuning (to my ears), it doesn't provide great isolation (which is, personally, fine by me).  I'd think the MH1C tips' awesome isolating capabilities would make the already awesome GR07 even more special (particularly for travel).

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #4,377 of 7,982
Well, I'm not eke or Inks but the mh1c's tips are what you want. As I mentioned it the gr07 tips thread I also did quite a bit of tip rolling though it was mainly to find the best fit and seal. So from the stock gr07 tips, the sony hybrids, the sony hybrids clones, the meelec entire set of tips and all the other generic tips I tried, the mh1c's tips color the sound the least and sound the most accurate to me. Actually, that's what I meant when I said that instruments sound lifelike with those tips. The stock g07 tips are close to them in presentation but not close enough to make it a hard choice which one to pick.

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #4,379 of 7,982
Quote:
GR07MKII is surely one of the best dynamics out there and among the best value you can get. 

Very much agree - although my experience is somewhat limited. Somewhat controversially, I prefer them to the Heir 4A.i.... ( only auditioned the 4A.i for like an hour and a half, but I know my ears, and my preferances. Yes, I do know one is DD and the other BA, but you know what mean )
Quote:

Everybody should listen to the album Sam's Town by the Killers. It's one of those albums that make you want to kiss your GR07.

Fantastic albumn! I really like Hot Fuss as well.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #4,380 of 7,982
OK, so Lendmeurears' new site is up and running. The gr07 bass edition is now available for around $164 and that's also the price of the mk2 as it is on sale now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back