VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #4,351 of 7,982
There is some nice bass. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #4,352 of 7,982
With the right tips and some petroleum jelly, I get those moments that go like this:

I've had the sound off for a while, now, and I see an interesting video that I'd like to watch. I'd reach out for where I think my 07's should be lying around. It's not there. "Oh! I'm already wearing them!" LOL Yes, the petroleum jelly helps tremendously for long lasting comfort. To me, it makes the difference between 3 hours and 6 hours, before any feeling of discomfort arises.

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #4,353 of 7,982
Quote:
With the right tips and some petroleum jelly, I get those moments that go like this:

I've had the sound off for a while, now, and I see an interesting video that I'd like to watch. I'd reach out for where I think my 07's should be lying around. It's not there. "Oh! I'm already wearing them!" LOL Yes, the petroleum jelly helps tremendously for long lasting comfort. To me, it makes the difference between 3 hours and 6 hours, before any feeling of discomfort arises.

Yeah, I've found that jelly and vaseline really help with inserting things.

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #4,354 of 7,982

Wasapi and peanut butter create tighter seals than petroleum jelly, I've found.

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #4,356 of 7,982
Just tried out my gr07s that I received in the mail, and wow, I don't think I'm ever going to look at my image s4s ever again. And a question for all the users here, how long would I have to break them in before I hear any significant changes?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #4,357 of 7,982
I'm about 50 hours in now, and the sound is evolving beautifully. It's a really great sounding IEM, and the sound is still improving. The largest change in sound has been occurring in the treble -- it's getting much smoother and more detailed as the hours go on, and it's becoming less sibilant. All I'm doing is listening to them normally (~25-30% volume), and I let them play overnight while I sleep, if I remember. Sibilance is becoming less of an issue, which is definitely a good thing. I've been using the track Vaporous by Elsiane to keep tabs on how the sibilance issue is evolving, and that track is finally becoming enjoyable (the bass texture is awesome and the voice is quickly losing its sibilance).

The iPod Touch really pairs well with these earphones.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #4,358 of 7,982
After 300 hours the sibilance on MK2 is almost non existent. Certainly lower levels than TF10 if any.

Just keep burning them in guys, don't make it a choir, it takes weeks to get those kind of hours up, and there's no rush.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #4,359 of 7,982
Quote:
After 300 hours the sibilance on MK2 is almost non existent. Certainly lower levels than TF10 if any.
Just keep burning them in guys, don't make it a choir, it takes weeks to get those kind of hours up, and there's no rush.

Agreed about not making it a chore. I just listen to the music and enjoy them. When I'm sleeping, I simply run music through them throughout the night. That's at least eight hours of burn-in every night -- not too bad.

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #4,360 of 7,982
Quote:

300???? O_O

Damn... I'm not even close. Okay, will systematically burn these babies in for the next couple weeks! haha

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #4,364 of 7,982
Frankly, I got mine to areound 90 hours with dweaver's burn-in files and a lot of frequency sweeps and heavy drumms and I haven't notice any big change for quite some time now. Btw, lendmeurears posted this on facebook "Please note that we are facing some down time till Tuesday as we are preparing to migrate to a new website! Do check out next Tuesday as we will be announcing several new products from the existing brands that we carry and also a new brand!". They might be finally adding the gr07 bass edition - I'm pretty interested what new stuff will they announce and what the prices will be.

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #4,365 of 7,982
Why burn them in manually to 150? What's the difference ;o?

Because I didn't notice changes until they passed 150 - 200 hours, by setting them up at night or doing burn in sessions (manually) you're giving them a head start on that 250 - 300 hours I mentioned. The bio-cellulose drivers are a solid material, it takes many many hours to penetrate through the several layers.

I'm not even the biggest believer in burn in actually, but these will smooth over and the sibilance eases, I noticed an increase in dynamics and separation aswell. But defientely the sibilance goes away. There were tracks I couldn't handle when my GR07 were new, there was a lot of Sshh sssh SSHHH going on and Ttt Ttttt, Ppp Ppp in vocals, to the point I'd change tracks, months later with the same player, same track, same EQ it's gone. :smile: I know that for a fact!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back