VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #3,797 of 7,982
Has MKII been reviewed yet? Link?

I checked Amazon for reviews and you can never tell. They have reviews from many months ago and they're each headed in bold type that it was the MKII being reviewed, which had to be B.S., because the MKII wasn't released then.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #3,798 of 7,982
Go to best buy and look at their small camera cases. I got one and it makes an excellent IEM case. They should range anywhere from about $10-20 which IMO is well worth it if they protect your expensive IEM's. 
Quote:
Can you recommend a good pouch ? Lost my original
confused.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #3,799 of 7,982
Quote:
Lot of us have glasses. Dont stop us :p

Thank you everyone for the heads up with wearing glasses.  I guess the best place to use is lendmeurears ebay?  Also I have snooped around HF for sometime
but am a noob member so I apologize if I'm not posting correctly.  This will be my 1st pair of good iems and I have been looking for a while...ok quite a while.  I've done
high end home 2 channel for a long time and finally want something good for being mobile,well outside the car mobile.  My tastes would mostly be jazz, fusion, rock, funk and 
few in between, but a lot of instrumentals for sure.  I prefer accurate equipment that stays true to the recording.  A friend shipped me his ety er-4's to try for a few weeks
and I liked them alot, but they did however come across a bit thin in the bass region on some recordings even with a good seal.  So for my 1st dive in I thought about these and
HF5's but leaning much more to the GR07.  I will be going unamped for sure right now, just want a nice clean streamlined system.  I have about 2TB of flac, aac and wav albums
and a few K of discs, so I'm good to music wise just a little unsure of what iems to start with. Am I headed in the right direction?  Thanks in advance for any input.  Rock on!

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #3,801 of 7,982
it's because you are using return to skip to the next lines. What you see is not what you get unless you use the preview button. If you naturally let the words slide onto the next line there shouldn't be a problem!

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #3,803 of 7,982
Quote:
Has MKII been reviewed yet? Link?

I checked Amazon for reviews and you can never tell. They have reviews from many months ago and they're each headed in bold type that it was the MKII being reviewed, which had to be B.S., because the MKII wasn't released then.

I've reviewed it. My impressions seem to mirror that of the MK1 though, except the cable is much nicer.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621100/vsonic-gr07-mk2-review-100-all-natural-sound

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #3,804 of 7,982
Quote:
Thank you everyone for the heads up with wearing glasses.  I guess the best place to use is lendmeurears ebay?  Also I have snooped around HF for sometime
but am a noob member so I apologize if I'm not posting correctly.  This will be my 1st pair of good iems and I have been looking for a while...ok quite a while.  I've done
high end home 2 channel for a long time and finally want something good for being mobile,well outside the car mobile.  My tastes would mostly be jazz, fusion, rock, funk and 
few in between, but a lot of instrumentals for sure.  I prefer accurate equipment that stays true to the recording.  A friend shipped me his ety er-4's to try for a few weeks
and I liked them alot, but they did however come across a bit thin in the bass region on some recordings even with a good seal.  So for my 1st dive in I thought about these and
HF5's but leaning much more to the GR07.  I will be going unamped for sure right now, just want a nice clean streamlined system.  I have about 2TB of flac, aac and wav albums
and a few K of discs, so I'm good to music wise just a little unsure of what iems to start with. Am I headed in the right direction?  Thanks in advance for any input.  Rock on!

The GR07's are the best price / performance item I have puschased since joining headfi! They are an excellet all rounder IMO, and do justice to many many different genres of music. Sub bass is fantastic, and I have never found anything lacking in any spectrum.

Be warned, these are not a 'wow' IEM. Especially out of the box. They do improve from a lot - 150 hours + - of burn in. Personally, when I first tried them I thought they were ok. But after a while I really got into them, and started to appreciate how capable they are.

I have never tried them unamped though, as I run them out of a DIYmod > TTVJ slim.

I dont think you will be disapointed.

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #3,805 of 7,982
Aug 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #3,806 of 7,982
Quote:
The GR07's are the best price / performance item I have puschased since joining headfi! They are an excellet all rounder IMO, and do justice to many many different genres of music. Sub bass is fantastic, and I have never found anything lacking in any spectrum.

Be warned, these are not a 'wow' IEM. Especially out of the box. They do improve from a lot - 150 hours + - of burn in. Personally, when I first tried them I thought they were ok. But after a while I really got into them, and started to appreciate how capable they are.

I have never tried them unamped though, as I run them out of a DIYmod > TTVJ slim.

I dont think you will be disapointed.

I don't think there is a better package in the iem world that combines price, performance, comfort, and pick-up-and-go-ability.

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #3,807 of 7,982
Quote:

I don't think there is a better package in the iem world that combines price, performance, comfort, and pick-up-and-go-ability.

Me too! Considering the price you pay and what you get in sound and package, these have been and still are the best deal in the IEM world! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #3,808 of 7,982
Thank you tzjin! I although have a Weston 4 and like an original hard rectangular case it came with it .Do you know anyone selling some similar.I could get it from Weston store,but do not want to spend this much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back