VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #3,781 of 7,982
Good thing wearing over ear rules 
cool.gif

^^ THIS ^^
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #3,783 of 7,982
GRO7 really must be worn over the ear, it adds that cool sensation that you're a rockstar. I think the cable and optical glasses arm could possibly live in harmony together. From what I've read by members who wear glasses they can be worn over the ear without much of a problem. You could test this at home by drapping an ipod USB charging lead over both of your ears.(the cable is roughly the same thickness). You'll find the glasses arm finds a place in-between the cable and your skull.

Sounds crazy.. but it works, I just tried it. :wink: Still wearing the cable actually.

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #3,784 of 7,982
Quote:
Thanks much for the info.  I wear glasses is the only reason I asked.   Looks like they may be a problem for me :frowning2:
I really wanted to order a pair as my 1st set of nice iems.  Maybe I will have to go with the HF5 and some custom tips.

I'll give you my ''I have glasses too'' impressions lol.  When I wore the GR07 with glasses, the cable either goes to side or the other of the frames. It isn't a problem however you let them sit due to the cable cinch. If you are OCD, you put the IEMs on first and push them towards your head. Then when you put your glasses back on they will sit comfortably between the frame and your head...voilà!  To be honest it isn't a problem at all lol.  I had the same question / concern and I believe I posted the exact same thing before buying. Hope this qualms any fears!

*yup exact as above ^^^^^* 
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #3,785 of 7,982
sage. Quote:
Thanks much for the info.  I wear glasses is the only reason I asked.   Looks like they may be a problem for me :frowning2:
I really wanted to order a pair as my 1st set of nice iems.  Maybe I will have to go with the HF5 and some custom tips.

I also wear glasses, and have no issues with the over ear GR07 useage. I use the old old V1 ear guides on them too.

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #3,786 of 7,982
Quote:
I also wear glasses, and have no issues with the over ear GR07 useage. I use the old old V1 ear guides on them too.

I too can vouch for this! I'm wearing them right now with glasses and don't even notice them... 
smile.gif

Regarding those v1 earguides, I'm still after them but no luck so far. I don't like the v2 earguides that much, and from pictures I can tell that the V1 would suit me better... 
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #3,787 of 7,982
I too can vouch for this! I'm wearing them right now with glasses and don't even notice them... :smile:

Regarding those v1 earguides, I'm still after them but no luck so far. I don't like the v2 earguides that much, and from pictures I can tell that the V1 would suit me better... :frowning2:

Haha i actually put them on and then put my glasses over the cable. Holds it in place. Also u can rotate the cable outward once or two rounds. Helps keep the cable stay on ur head. No need for ear guide

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #3,788 of 7,982
Quote:
Haha i actually put them on and then put my glasses over the cable. Holds it in place. Also u can rotate the cable outward once or two rounds. Helps keep the cable stay on ur head. No need for ear guide

Yes, thanks, I know all those "tricks", and I'm using them for a long time now without earguides (and most of the time, even straight down), but I always wanted to try those first edition thin earguides... 
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #3,789 of 7,982
Someday, someday I would learn how to put on contact lenses just because I want to wear all sorts of different headphones...

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #3,793 of 7,982
Hello, I was looking for a new IEM under $200

I listen to pretty much anything thats mainstream
I will mostly be using it at home, while jogging/working out, and on the bus
The source would be my laptop, my ipod touch and my android phone

Would this be a good choice for what I need, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back