VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 31, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #3,708 of 7,982
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. Could you please elaborate more on what you do not like about it? I am planning to get one in a few months, so any information on it would be helpful.

Yea sure, sorry, i should've done that, lol.

The iphone 4 sounds good but its the eq that isnt good.

With the EQ off, the iphone 4 sounds just as good as my J3, but with all the enhancements and eq setup (my favorite is 'Electronic' on the iphone 4), the iphone 4 doesnt even compare to my J3.

And ive tried the equ app (and some others) and they just make it worse IMO.

Like i said, i dont like it with the iphone 4, NOT 'its bad with the iphone 4', its quite good but i cant get the sound i like.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the bad explanation.

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #3,709 of 7,982
Quote:
That's strange, sounds like the LDM+'s gain is to high causing problems with your IEM's. Nothing like that happening with my E11 using low power and low gain. What I find is it gives the dynamics a slight boost and adds body to the sound. I'd be interested to hear if you find it similar with the E6.

That's what makes it really worth amping IMHO. Although it is efficient enough with my J3, whenever I'm in a comfortable place to pair E17 with it I will.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #3,710 of 7,982
Quote:
Yea sure, sorry, i should've done that, lol.

The iphone 4 sounds good but its the eq that isnt good.

With the EQ off, the iphone 4 sounds just as good as my J3, but with all the enhancements and eq setup (my favorite is 'Electronic' on the iphone 4), the iphone 4 doesnt even compare to my J3.

And ive tried the equ app (and some others) and they just make it worse IMO.

Like i said, i dont like it with the iphone 4, NOT 'its bad with the iphone 4', its quite good but i cant get the sound i like.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the bad explanation.

Ok thanks for the input. I typically don't use EQ, so it is still fine for me. I'm sorry it doesn't suit your fancy.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #3,711 of 7,982
I'm planning to buy GR07 mk2 in a few days, but I have few questions
- Is GR07 mk2 considered a lil bit darker than most of IEM?
- Is the treble smooth? I have bad experience with piercing treble, that's why I dislike rock, heavy metal and electronic music genre.
- How the bass in GR07 mk2 compared to UE TF10?

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #3,712 of 7,982
The E6 works better for these IEMs than the LDM+ for sure. I still think playing straight from the iPhone 4 is a hair clearer, but only noticeable at loud (65%+) volumes. At mid volume or so, the GR07 feel a bit recessed or flat without the E6. 

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #3,713 of 7,982
Quote:
- Is the treble smooth? I have bad experience with piercing treble, that's why I dislike rock, heavy metal and electronic music genre.

It is a bit dark compared to some BA IEMs, but I wouldn't say compared to most.  The treble does have a bit of a peak at ~8khz or so which can be a bit bothersome but I wouldn't call it "peaky" and it's smooth other than that.  Dunno how the bass compares to the TF10 though.  But the bass is pretty impactful for a balanced stage monitor-type IEM like this.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #3,714 of 7,982
Quote:

The GR07 is a very balanced IEM, with smooth treble and extremely wonderful bass. I have not heard a TF10 before, but the GR07 goes down low, and maintain control all of the way down. 

Supposedly the TF10 has punchier bass, but the GR07 should outdo it in most other parts of the spectrum.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #3,715 of 7,982
TF10 bass is indeed punchier with a little more bounce though can't go as deep before rolling off. I doubt you would be disappointed with either to be honest.

The E6 works better for these IEMs than the LDM+ for sure. I still think playing straight from the iPhone 4 is a hair clearer, but only noticeable at loud (65%+) volumes. At mid volume or so, the GR07 feel a bit recessed or flat without the E6. 

That clearness you're talking about will come down to the amps transparency. E11 being slightly warm also display's a smidgen less clarity. I guess it's the pay off when using budget amps. My next quest is to wait for the E12 and see what it can offer.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #3,716 of 7,982
Quote:
TF10 bass is indeed punchier with a little more bounce though can't go as deep before rolling off. I doubt you would be disappointed with either to be honest.

Of course, there is still the fit issue 
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #3,718 of 7,982
I really want to try the TF10...but then I look at how long those housings are.  The only IEM that has that long of housings is my Meelectronics M16 and they stick outta of my ears like flags. -_______-.  The joy of GR07 fit issues...why oh why.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #3,720 of 7,982
I really want to try the TF10...but then I look at how long those housings are.  The only IEM that has that long of housings is my Meelectronics M16 and they stick outta of my ears like flags. -_______-.  The joy of GR07 fit issues...why oh why.

lol, TF10 truly do stick out A LOT dude, to the touch they feel like their's two bolts sticking out your head, I kid you not!!

Check them out! LOL! (make sure you zoom in)

It's such a shame you had problems with the GRO7 though because the sound is excellent, their signature is something to admire once they're broken in. However, if TF10 do fit you they would the next thing to try imo. Their price on the boards is right these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back