VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #3,154 of 7,982
Quote:
@freefall

yeah i just ordered them from amazon

Oh Just you wait! These mature better than any fine wine. 200 even after 300 hours

Yeah and the "2D' Effect might be from these actually being monitors. To me they have the perfect amount of colour and reverb, and still are not bad at all with SpeeeeeeeeeeeeD

May 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3,155 of 7,982
Wouldn't SpeeeeeeeeeeeeD be slow? My GR07 sounds like speed. My Sennie would be a speeed. But my quick cans (e.g. the SA3000) sounded like a spid.

Actually the sa3k is more of a spd. GR07 sounds alright with speed imo.

May 20, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #3,156 of 7,982
Quote:

The nozzles on my GR07 have suddenly loosened up after about one month of ownership. They were really tight when I first got them, but now they move when I gently touch them. I also preferred them tight since they didn't move around so easily. Too bad they can't be tightened, at least based on what I've read in this thread.

So should the nozzles normally loosen up, or should they still be tight?

I got a GR06 with really tight nozzle joints, but I only had those for a week. Maybe those will also loosen up like with my GR07.

That's the same for the nozzles on my GR07 as well. Thing is though, my friend has a GR07 from the first batch (I lost my one on holiday) and its nozzle hasn't loosened up.. 
ph34r.gif
 Still feels reasonably tight. And as for my GR06.. I don't know if its nozzles have gotten loose, as mine are on an extended audition to a friend (in return I have his HF5).

May 20, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #3,157 of 7,982
Quote:

That's the same for the nozzles on my GR07 as well. Thing is though, my friend has a GR07 from the first batch (I lost my one on holiday) and its nozzle hasn't loosened up.. 
ph34r.gif
 Still feels reasonably tight. And as for my GR06.. I don't know if its nozzles have gotten loose, as mine are on an extended audition to a friend (in return I have his HF5).

How long did your friend have the GR07? I only had mine for around one month.

May 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #3,159 of 7,982
I had just finished listening to Clapton on the Allman Bro's Beacon Theatre flac/GR07's and then listened to it on my custom $700 Martin speakers and the sound was identical!   Same air and space around the music, same bass, the neutrality and even size of sound was the same!   That continues to confirm the greatness of the GR07's for me!   I am even thinking of selling my home stereo and get a back-up pair of the GR07's!!!   I realize the GR08 is coming out, but I think it will be hard pressed to beat out the GR07, at least, I can't imagine to noticable improvement over the neutral sound signature of the GR07!!

May 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #3,161 of 7,982
Now, that's getting a little bit out of hand, Soundbear. 
tongue.gif

May 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #3,162 of 7,982
Quote:

Any heavy use? I'd say I average around an hour or two a day so far. I only insert/remove once or twice.

Well, I wear them on the way to school and whenever I go out on weekends. That's about 10 hours a week (mostly because I have them on most of the time during weekends). I have dropped them several times as well. Quite the heartstopper to hear the impact on the floor.

May 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #3,164 of 7,982
I got mines last tuesday. No words can decribe them so far for me. 
Went to pick them at post office, opened them, and looked for a good song on my music player. It was a total eargasm.
The sound is so natural and detailed, even at high volume. I couldn't stop using them the whole day, even at work, i managed to do it. 
So the first day was a marathon for them, a baptism of fire. And they didn't dissapoint at any moment, not even close to failure.
I am currently listening a lot of Speed/thrash/heavy metal, and they are great, i can not think of any con at the moment, i almost forgot the fact that the seller sended me the titanium colored ones.

May 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #3,165 of 7,982
Quote:
I bought a pair of GR07's from amazing, but they had a issue with channel inbalance, one side was louder then the other and as a result, I exchanged it with the store but my replacement pair also had the same issue. Has anyone else experienced channel inbalance with these phones?

Have you checked for wax buildup in your ears? It's driven many people crazy.

I got mines last tuesday. No words can decribe them so far for me. 
Went to pick them at post office, opened them, and looked for a good song on my music player. It was a total eargasm.
The sound is so natural and detailed, even at high volume. I couldn't stop using them the whole day, even at work, i managed to do it. 
So the first day was a marathon for them, a baptism of fire. And they didn't dissapoint at any moment, not even close to failure.
I am currently listening a lot of Speed/thrash/heavy metal, and they are great, i can not think of any con at the moment, i almost forgot the fact that the seller sended me the titanium colored ones.

Congrats, welcome to the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back