VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #2,896 of 7,982
I still can't get over how good they sound with high quality recordings...they are stellar with this stuff. I highly recommend Queen's A Night at the Opera and anything mastered or remastered by Steve Hoffman.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2,897 of 7,982
Hi All, 
First, thanks for this amazing forum!  You all are geniuses.  I just bought my GR07's and I've been blown since hour one.  Excited to know that it's just going to get better.  

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but searching the forum wasn't much help and there's now 194 pages to the forum (!) so it's hard to look through manually!  

What do you guys recommend to use as far as tips?  My GR07's didn't come with any double or triple flanges.  I found a pare that fits nice, but I'm wondering if there's something out there that will be more comfortable (I don't think I can afford a custom tip).  

Any tips for a tip?  Something I can buy online thats not too pricey?  Any good foams that will work with these?    

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #2,898 of 7,982
For foams, I can recommend the Jays Foams. Excellent fit, confort and sound quality... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,900 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:
For foams, I can recommend the Jays Foams. Excellent fit, confort and sound quality... 
rolleyes.gif

Thanks so much for the response, i'll check those out.  
These are my first IEM's, so if you think something would be better than foams I'd like to hear that too :)

thanks again!

Well, I'm enjoying the double-flanges, but I got them with the first-gen accessory kit. Maybe the MEElectronics double-flanges fit as well, but I'm not sure.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #2,901 of 7,982
Quote:
Thanks so much for the response, i'll check those out.  
These are my first IEM's, so if you think something would be better than foams I'd like to hear that too :)

thanks again!

About recommending tips, let me tell you that this is a very subjective matter. What is the best for me, might not be for you, or may not even suit you at all. It all depends on personal taste, inner ear shape, etc. Before you haven't tried the different types of tips that exist, always take others recommendations about tips with a pinch of salt... 
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #2,902 of 7,982

Quote:

About recommending tips, let me tell you that this is a very subjective matter. What is the best for me, might not be for you, or may not even suit you at all. It all depends on personal taste, inner ear shape, etc. Before you haven't tried the different types of tips that exist, always take others recommendations about tips with a pinch of salt... 
wink.gif

Yeah, you're definitely right.  I guess right now I'm having a hard time figuring out which tips are actually compatible with the GR07's.  I'm having a hard time finding manufacturers that specifically say they're compatible.  Any ideas with that?  I found this site selling Jays foam, they look great but I'm a little worried about the one size fits all part.  But is that how it usually is with foams?  I guess I'll have to take the gamble!
http://www.pjbox.co.uk/product/JAYS-Earphones-Foam-Tips-Foam-Sleeves-in-Black/3717.html

Nevermind!  They're out of stock!  

Quote:
Well, I'm enjoying the double-flanges, but I got them with the first-gen accessory kit. Maybe the MEElectronics double-flanges fit as well, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for responding, I'm going to scour the internet and see if I can still pick up some different sizes.  

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #2,903 of 7,982
Quote:
Yeah, you're definitely right.  I guess right now I'm having a hard time figuring out which tips are actually compatible with the GR07's.  I'm having a hard time finding manufacturers that specifically say they're compatible.  Any ideas with that?  I found this site selling Jays foam, they look great but I'm a little worried about the one size fits all part.  But is that how it usually is with foams?  I guess I'll have to take the gamble!
http://www.pjbox.co.uk/product/JAYS-Earphones-Foam-Tips-Foam-Sleeves-in-Black/3717.html

Well, that's exactly where I bought mine and they're made of real memory foam, which easily and comfortably shapes itself to you ear canal shape... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #2,904 of 7,982

Quote:

Thanks for responding, I'm going to scour the internet and see if I can still pick up some different sizes.  

If you're in the US, I'd be happy to send you my extra pair of MeElec double flanges for free. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #2,905 of 7,982
From my personal experience I've had a really hard time trying to find tips that worked for me with the GR07 and I ended up buying the popular Sony Hybrids and I can happily say they have been perfect.so far. I never had comfort problems again and the fit and seal are perfect.

Anyway, here is another beautifull song that sounds amazing on the GR-07. Specially the 3Dness of the presentation

Also, has a side-note, if any of you have a PS3 you SHOULD just leave this browser right now, go buy and play Journey all the way through. If you don't have a PS3 go buy one and THEN go play Journey
wink_face.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #2,906 of 7,982

Quote:
From my personal experience I've had a really hard time trying to find tips that worked for me with the GR07 and I ended up buying the popular Sony Hybrids and I can happily say they have been perfect.so far. I never had comfort problems again and the fit and seal are perfect.

Anyway, here is another beautifull song that sounds amazing on the GR-07. Specially the 3Dness of the presentation

Beautiful track. I listened to it twice in a row. 

Glad you found your fit!

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #2,907 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:

wink.gif

Quote:

Very few tips will actually advertise compatibility with the GR07s, since they're a relatively obscure brand. However, people here with experience can tell you which ones fit. Tips are really tricky, and it really depends on the shape of your ear, and how you want it to sound, as some tips may muffle treble or accentuate bass a little.

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,908 of 7,982
Recommended tips for GR07:
Jays Q-Jays
Sony Hybrids
Apple In-Ears (ADDIEM)

That's what I gathered from many posts here, those 3 seems like the most recommended

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #2,909 of 7,982

Quote:

I lost the retaining clip. It shot out of my tweezers, hit my forehead and disappeared. I emailed Vsonic and asked for a replacement. Hopefully they will come though. If not, I will have to try and make one.

I have not received a response from VSONIC yet. I don't want to use my headphones without the mesh on there. Ear wax in the driver doesn't sound like a great idea.

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #2,910 of 7,982

Quote:
Recommended tips for GR07:
Jays Q-Jays
Sony Hybrids
Apple In-Ears (ADDIEM)

That's what I gathered from many posts here, those 3 seems like the most recommended

I noticed in the Joker's IEM review thread that you just ordered them. Try the tips it comes with before going on a tip hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back