VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #2,881 of 7,982
Quote:
The Phonák Audeo earguides are pretty similitar (at least from the photos) to the ones that came with the first batch of GR07s but they are hard to come by at a reasonable price if you live in Portugal (like me).

I found them on hifiheadphones.co.uk but it's a bit expensive, it ends up being about 26€ for 3 pairs.

Yes, I already knew those ones, and how pricey they are. This matter was already discussed in this thread, a while back, and the Phonak's seem to be the closest one can get to the first batch earguides, but still not quite the same. And also, someone said that those Phonak earguides easily and quickly loose their shape and function. So, for all this, I don't consider them as a real option. What I'd like is to get the original earguides from the fisrt GR07 batch... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #2,882 of 7,982
Just wanted to thank you guys to coming to an old bear's rescue with the tips!
   Now I've got tips but no IEM!!LOL, the rt speaker went out on my GR07's on vacation last week and on the way back to Lendmeurears(7mos old), and get this, the rt speaker on the 1st and 2nd replacement pair of new RE262's went out during burnin(different amps, ruled out amp failure and earwax,LOL!)   So now nothing to listen to, no backups.   So far I've had a earpiece failure on Chinese made DBA02's, GR07, RE262's within their first year(I'm hoping Japanese are better made ie JVC)  I'm also going to put 3yr squaretrade warrantees on all my IEM's.  Ordered the JVXFXT90 and Fisher Silver Bullet(great deal at $60).  So now waiting for 4 IEM's to arrive!    What's a poor old bear to do?

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #2,883 of 7,982
WOW .....   The GR07s are fast .... I mean really, really fast !    They do FULL and complete justice to Megadeth.  Matter of fact, all well recorded Metal sounds amazing through the GR07s !   What they do with bass and drums is amazing, and the crunch on distorted guitars ... wow.   These are a Metal lover's dream.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #2,884 of 7,982
Haha completely agree. The GR07 and Dave were meant for each other. I also find it amazing how well they position the different instruments in rock and metal.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #2,885 of 7,982

Quote:
Wait, did he lose the mesh or the little retaining clip? the clip is rather easier to make, though still kinda hard... I'm sure you can buy that mesh in bulk somewhere... Though you may not have much use for a square yard of it...

I lost the retaining clip. It shot out of my tweezers, hit my forehead and disappeared. I emailed Vsonic and asked for a replacement. Hopefully they will come though. If not, I will have to try and make one.

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #2,886 of 7,982
SUE THEM already!! Their dang retaining clip hit u?!!

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #2,889 of 7,982
Quote:
I actually quite like the new earguides because I find them to be more comfortable. Only let down is that they come off really easily so they are prone to getting lost.. (Already lost a pair...) 

Even if I haven't tried the old earguides, I believe they're more confortable for those who wear glasses. The new earguides are too thick, and after using them a bit, they start hurting me in the same place where the glasses are! But for those who don't wear glasses, I guess they're fine... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #2,890 of 7,982
I just received my GR07s yesterday from Lendmeurears; ordered Monday, received Thursday, so pretty fast. I'm now beginning to burn them in, but my first impressions stepping up from my Nuforce NE-770X are that they are a big step up.

But -- and here's today's Truly Stupid Question -- I can't find any ear markers, so I have to figure out from the soundstage whether I have them in properly. I know they're worn over the ear, so possibly it's the angle off the earpiece that tells you?

Many thanks,

David

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #2,891 of 7,982

Quote:
But -- and here's today's Truly Stupid Question -- I can't find any ear markers, so I have to figure out from the soundstage whether I have them in properly. I know they're worn over the ear, so possibly it's the angle off the earpiece that tells you?

You should have the lettlers R and L marked on the inner side (facing your ear) of the shell! Along with that, the right earpiece has a small spike on that side... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #2,892 of 7,982
Also, over time you can just look at it and instantly tell which one is left and right. I do this by visualizing the IEM in my ear and using simple logic. For example, if you look at the IEM from the side with the cable going up and the nozzle is pointing towards you, then that one is for the left, if the nozzle isn't pointing at you then that would be for the right. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back