VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,821 of 7,982

Quote:
I'll bet in about a month, you'll be happy with the sound without any reservations. BTW, try some triple flange tips from the meelec M6 set (or most triple flanges that fit). It'll improve soundstage depth and realism dramatically.

I've owned the GR07 for almost 9 months now. 
wink.gif

Though, I sent it in for warranty replacement/repair twice. I think the one I have right now is around 3-4 months old, but I have put a decent number of hours on it, including plenty of burn-in.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #2,823 of 7,982

Quote:
I've owned the GR07 for almost 9 months now. 
wink.gif

Though, I sent it in for warranty replacement/repair twice. I think the one I have right now is around 3-4 months old, but I have put a decent number of hours on it, including plenty of burn-in.

Oh...haha well then. Try some triple flange tips. i'd be happy to send you a pair if you live in the US

Quote:
Do u guys take ur gr07 out cause i dont i only listen to them at home and i want thek to last

I only use them when I'm at home, sitting at a desk, or walking around campus. I consider it blasphemy to wear them at the gym.

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2,825 of 7,982

Quote:
Oh...haha well then. Try some triple flange tips. i'd be happy to send you a pair if you live in the US

I only use them when I'm at home, sitting at a desk, or walking around campus. I consider it blasphemy to wear them at the gym.

I do have the stock double flange tips. They are pretty much the worst tips that came included, in my opinion. The fit feels awkward and bass impact disappears almost entirely. I'd be happy to try some triple flanges if you have extra, though. :)

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #2,826 of 7,982

Quote:
Sibilance huh ?   I find myself wondering if maybe some GR07 owners are experiencing sibilance due to a system synergy issue ....  I have ZERO sibilance issues with mine through the Headstreamer with WAV files.

A large part of it is the tips you use and how deeply you wedge them into your ear...I find that the deeper they fit, the more sibilant they get.

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #2,827 of 7,982
@aznofazns
Just out of curiosity, what do you find lacking in the soundstage?

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #2,828 of 7,982

Quote:
@aznofazns
Just out of curiosity, what do you find lacking in the soundstage?

Compared with other IEM's I've heard, nothing. Soundstage is decent. But compared with my full-sized semi-open cans, soundstage is much narrower and separation is much harder to discern. With the SR850 I have a much better sense of left, right, back, front, center, etc. It adds a more 3D sound to music. I know this an inherent weakness of IEM's, but it's the most obvious difference I can tell between my GR07 and SR850.

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #2,829 of 7,982
Oh hey, got mine today.
Guess what, it comes with "Sennheiser" and "Beats" semi hard cases lol

Will listen to them later...

Edit: Just put them on... and... holy...****........... best buy ever.

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #2,830 of 7,982
everyday haha, i find the double flange tips are brilliant for isolation, i hear nothing and it doesnt need to be loud at all. I've been caught out in the rain in them, and theyre fine. they arent too fragile

Quote:
Do u guys take ur gr07 out cause i dont i only listen to them at home and i want thek to last

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #2,831 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:
An examples to check out? I find that rich acoustic music also sounds really nice, even stuff that doesn't have a lot of bass.

I guess one example would be anything from Sara Bareilles. It definitely doesn't sound bad by any means. In fact, I think it sounds very good. But, the sibilance (even after EQ) and mediocre soundstage make the GR07 overall sound a bit boring and fatiguing relative to my SR850 cans. This is my general impression with songs that include a lot of feminine/high-pitched vocals and not a lot of sub-bass. Other examples:

ADHD by Kendrick Lamar (the sibilance in the vocals almost overshadows everything else for me despite the bass line)
Foundations by Kate Nash (same thing here)
Forever by Drake ft. Lil Wayne, Eminem, and Kanye West (and again)

On the other hand, try listening to Wildfire by SBTRKT. It sounds ****ing amazing. Here are some other songs that I find really capitalize on the strengths of the GR07:

The Island - Pt. 2 by Pendulum
World is Empty by J. Cole
Cinema (Skrillex Remix) by Benny Benassi feat. Gary Go

There is still some sibilance in all of those songs, but I can more or less ignore it because the bass line sounds so amazing. Let me know what you think after listening to these songs.

P.S. If you REALLY want to see how low the GR07 can hit, listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix_fxpBEaZg

Perhaps it's an unfortunate combination of enhanced sibilance in the recording and the GR07s treble spike? It seems like it's more of an issue of that than songs without bass. 

Quote:

I wear them pretty much everywhere, though I do watch out for them, and I don't do much jogging or anything.

Quote:
I do have the stock double flange tips. They are pretty much the worst tips that came included, in my opinion. The fit feels awkward and bass impact disappears almost entirely. I'd be happy to try some triple flanges if you have extra, though. :)

Really? I'm quite satisfied with the stock double flanges (Though mine is from the original batch, so they might be different tips altogether). I think the issue is probably that your canals need to be a certain size and shape for them to seal well with your ear, and you need to do that thing where you pull on the back of your ear to get them in.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #2,833 of 7,982

Quote:

Nice! 
tongue_smile.gif

I very much prefer any hard carrying case instead of that pouch thing that comes with the new packaging now.. Really was expecting the same clam-shell hard case that came with the old packaging when I bought some new Vsonics.

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #2,835 of 7,982
Quote:
Oh hey, got mine today.

Will listen to them later...

Edit: Just put them on... and... holy...****........... best buy ever.

So, the ones you got have printed lettering (it seems that way from the picture)? 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back