VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #2,776 of 7,982

Quote:
Will an iPod Touch drive them properly?

Yes. 
smile.gif

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #2,777 of 7,982
"desined as a stage monitor" what exactly does it mean? I mean what is that specific GR07 can do that non-stage IEM cannot, can somebody clarify that?

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #2,778 of 7,982
Are any of you having an issue with the earguide twisting and falling off your ear? My left one refuses to stay on my ear for more than a few minutes. It seems like it's the cable itself that is twisted, and no matter how hard to try to bend it back it just slowly moves back into its original position.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #2,779 of 7,982

Quote:
"desined as a stage monitor" what exactly does it mean? I mean what is that specific GR07 can do that non-stage IEM cannot, can somebody clarify that?

It means that the GR07 is designed to produce as flat (read: accurate) a frequency response as possible, from sub-bass to the very highest treble. This quality is highly sought after by musicians and producers, either while they perform live or when recording.

Most consumer-oriented headphones and IEM's are tuned to be "colored," usually with extra emphasis on the bass and treble.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #2,780 of 7,982

Quote:
i found that the bass was too little for me... 

I've heard that the VBs are bass monsters, and according to my ears, the GR07s are not bass monsters. The GR07s weren't designed to have a lot of bass quantity, but was designed to be stage monitors, which as aznofazns has explained, were made to reproduce an accurate sound. Thus one part of the frequency range won't be more prominent than the other, so the GR07s will not have any more bass quantity than it already has (unless you EQ, and burning them in won't do the trick either). 
wink.gif

Perhaps you should have gone for another IEM that can offer more bass, such as the Future Sonics Atrio MG7.

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #2,781 of 7,982

Quote:
hey guys... i just got the GR07 as my backup iem... my previous back up was hippo vb until it died and i enjoyed the hippos..

so after hearing it for a good 15 mins, im quite disappointed with the gr07... (btw i plug it straight into the HO of my clip +)

firstly i have a hard time getting a good seal in my ears... after getting a good seal, i found that the bass was too little for me... however, the details and clarity was quite good... soundstage was okay.. then i let it burn it for 10 hours..

after that i plugged it into my o2 amp with imod... and there i felt everything opened up but bass was still lacking, but still improved.. mids are coming to get smoother...

i think i will let it burn in for 100 hours and listen to it again!

I came from the VBs as well, first i was scared that i might have wasted 200 bucks on iems that doesn't even have the sound signature i like.

I was very disappointed when i first got them, but trust me, when you get adjusted to the sound signature and give them 150+ burn in, you will never look back.

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #2,782 of 7,982

Quote:
hey guys... i just got the GR07 as my backup iem... my previous back up was hippo vb until it died and i enjoyed the hippos..

so after hearing it for a good 15 mins, im quite disappointed with the gr07... (btw i plug it straight into the HO of my clip +)

firstly i have a hard time getting a good seal in my ears... after getting a good seal, i found that the bass was too little for me... however, the details and clarity was quite good... soundstage was okay.. then i let it burn it for 10 hours..

after that i plugged it into my o2 amp with imod... and there i felt everything opened up but bass was still lacking, but still improved.. mids are coming to get smoother...

I found them a little bass lite too at first. It improved with the addition of T400 comply tips - better seal for me.

+ Brain and mechanical burn in help a lot too.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #2,783 of 7,982

Quote:

Coming from the VB and even TF10 the GR07 would seem bass light. But that's because they aren't mean to be bass monsters- they are neutral monitors with a fairly flat sound signature.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #2,784 of 7,982
I had pretty much the opposite reaction coming from the RE0. I love the bass in the GR07, it's just right most of the time

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #2,785 of 7,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent199188 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bass was still lacking, but still improved.. mids are coming to get smoother...

I see you have a custom shelled TF10, which improves the seal and bass on an already bassy iem. Not to mention, the bass cannons that you were using before.

Just let your mind get adjusted to the signature, and listen for the sub-bass instead of midbass

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #2,789 of 7,982

Quote:

BIG HEADS UP GR07 OWNERS ......

The very inexpensive $139 HRT Headstreamer is a match made in heaven for the GR07s .  I mean they are absolutely PERFECT together in every way.

How? What does it improve?

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2,790 of 7,982

Quote:
How? What does it improve?

Well .... it is a fabulous DAC, and a great headphone amplifier. But what makes them have such a great synergy, is they both have very similiar strengths and sonic similiarities. If you think the GR07s show you great resolution now, just hook up a Headstreamer with them.  It also makes the soundstage slightly larger, and allows you to hear into the recorded space better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back