VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #2,446 of 7,982

Quote:
Happy days! Coming from cx300-IIs I am quite loving the neutralness of these greatly! I have never owned a BA IEM, so I must ask, how much is the attack speed increased?

In terms of string seperation on guitars, I am not sure how the original pickups->amp sounded, but I know personally with my setup, if i strum I can hear each string distinctly, this though is quite easily influenced by pickup. so for the end of the line (the IEM in this case) would a quicker IEM be more suited or would it need to be more along the lines of the a larger soundstage?

Or should I just shut up and listen to my music :D

Are you playing your guitar through these/too? Anyways one of the real cool things about the GR-07, is it's pretty fast especially for a DD. In general BA's are faster, but not always the case. For example the GR-07, is faster than the Westone 3 not by much, and the W3 is no slouch. GR-07, isn't as fast as say Shure 535, but in comparison, these are all pretty good. IMHO I find the Dynamic Driver yields a truer/livelier sound

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #2,447 of 7,982
I can't wait for mine to show up here...I just need a different dap - thinking a Fuse and E11...more bang for the buck (I think).

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #2,448 of 7,982

Quote:
Are you playing your guitar through these/too? Anyways one of the real cool things about the GR-07, is it's pretty fast especially for a DD. In general BA's are faster, but not always the case. For example the GR-07, is faster than the Westone 3 not by much, and the W3 is no slouch. GR-07, isn't as fast as say Shure 535, but in comparison, these are all pretty good. IMHO I find the Dynamic Driver yields a truer/livelier sound

Well, out of intrest sake, this was my quick test I just setup.
Guitar->Distortion Pedal->Ibasso D4

Well, the clean of the guitar was amazing, the pickups influenced the sound, but fiddling with the tone knob and different positions, the interesting part was, using the bridge humbucker on direct out, I had an almost perfect reproduction of the guitar! (Mid bass was slightly enhanced though)
Distorting it, the issue came with that i need an impedance adaptor, very full of treble spikes when using the solid state distortion, tube distortion was smooth though!

These will definitely be great monitors if I ever needed that(every guitar players dream at one point no?)

Accuracy on these is definitely quite good, sadly I have nothing else to compare it to other than my amp and guitar's natural sound for reference.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #2,449 of 7,982
Well, if you have your amp to compare, if it is a good amp, it's always a reference - at least for guitars. ; ) But indeed sound is a whole and nothing like to compare with another good IEM. But it's hard to find a IEM that beats the GR-07 at that price range. Some might prefer the Yamaha EPH-100 (myself included), others might prefer the Atrio MG7 (still need to listen to this one), a few might prefer the IE80's and no other IEM comes to my mind that can compare at this price range. The GR-07s are indeed a very competent IEM.

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #2,450 of 7,982
I recently bought the Brainwavz M2 and was slightly disappointed with the bass.  The M2 had a lot of bass, but I couldn't feel that it was lacking bass (if that makes any sense).  Looking for new headphones outside of budget range I came across the GR07.  Coming in the mail a couple days ago, I'm loving it.  The bass when I pair my GR07 with my tablet was everything I was looking for.  In retrospect, I think I was looking for quality over quantity in the bass.  A complaint right now though and I'm digging through the pages to find an answer, I'm having a lot of trouble with the fit.  I don't like foam and the stock ones are not big enough.  Right now I'm using my M2 large silicone ones which appear to be a fake Sony Hybrid.  I bought the Sony Hybrid which should be in the mail soon to see if it makes any differences.

Also being relatively new to the audiophile world, I listen to music on my phone (Samsung Epic) quite a bit and work computer.  Neither sounds as good as my Acer A100 tablet.  I'm thinking maybe the Fiio e7 or e11 will help that.  Any opinions on that?

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #2,451 of 7,982
e7 or e17 rather than the e11. Not that it doesn't sound good, but for your pc I would rather grab a DAC/amp combo.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #2,452 of 7,982

Quote:
I recently bought the Brainwavz M2 and was slightly disappointed with the bass.  The M2 had a lot of bass, but I couldn't feel that it was lacking bass (if that makes any sense).  Looking for new headphones outside of budget range I came across the GR07.  Coming in the mail a couple days ago, I'm loving it.  The bass when I pair my GR07 with my tablet was everything I was looking for.  In retrospect, I think I was looking for quality over quantity in the bass.  A complaint right now though and I'm digging through the pages to find an answer, I'm having a lot of trouble with the fit.  I don't like foam and the stock ones are not big enough.  Right now I'm using my M2 large silicone ones which appear to be a fake Sony Hybrid.  I bought the Sony Hybrid which should be in the mail soon to see if it makes any differences.

Also being relatively new to the audiophile world, I listen to music on my phone (Samsung Epic) quite a bit and work computer.  Neither sounds as good as my Acer A100 tablet.  I'm thinking maybe the Fiio e7 or e11 will help that.  Any opinions on that?

1. What type of fit issues do you have. Is it on one side? When you get the real Hybrids, try to not put them all the way up past that large knuckle. Also try using the "pivot" action of the nozzle. It's a little stiff at first.
2. Regarding the Fiio's I was going back and forth between the E7, E-11, and E17. Realizing that I just want to amp here and there, and don;t really listen to too much music on the PC I went with the powerful E-11. When I do listen to music on the PC, it is still a really really nice enhancement. I have a vaio, and the sound is not that good without any help. I'm too inexperienced in the amp thing to suggest much, but at this time I'm happy with the E-11, LOD, and using standard mini to mini for PC
   EDIT: and more importantly, I have  few "headfi" bucks left

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #2,453 of 7,982

Quote:
Well, if you have your amp to compare, if it is a good amp, it's always a reference - at least for guitars. ; ) But indeed sound is a whole and nothing like to compare with another good IEM. But it's hard to find a IEM that beats the GR-07 at that price range. Some might prefer the Yamaha EPH-100 (myself included), others might prefer the Atrio MG7 (still need to listen to this one), a few might prefer the IE80's and no other IEM comes to my mind that can compare at this price range. The GR-07s are indeed a very competent IEM.

Can anyone compare the GR07s with the Yamaha EPH-100s and Atrio MG7s? Especially in terms of bass response, imaging, and detail? Thanks.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,454 of 7,982

Quote:
1. What type of fit issues do you have. Is it on one side? When you get the real Hybrids, try to not put them all the way up past that large knuckle. Also try using the "pivot" action of the nozzle. It's a little stiff at first.
2. Regarding the Fiio's I was going back and forth between the E7, E-11, and E17. Realizing that I just want to amp here and there, and don;t really listen to too much music on the PC I went with the powerful E-11. When I do listen to music on the PC, it is still a really really nice enhancement. I have a vaio, and the sound is not that good without any help. I'm too inexperienced in the amp thing to suggest much, but at this time I'm happy with the E-11, LOD, and using standard mini to mini for PC
   EDIT: and more importantly, I have  few "headfi" bucks left

1.)  It happens in both ears. Using the same tips on the M2, fits perfectly.  On the GR07 it feels like they are being pushed or maybe even pulled out.  Every 5-10 mins I always find myself pushing the headphones back in.  I'm been adjusting the nozzle, but maybe I need to play with that a little bit more.

2.)  I'm back and forth on the E7 and E11.  The DAC would be nice, but I would be using the amp quite a bit more.  That's why I'm curious if the E7 is enough of both worlds, or the E11 amp that much better to justify losing the DAC.  If I could plug the E11 into my computer and amp off of that, that be a good median that I'm looking for.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #2,455 of 7,982
Yeah Like I said I went through the same thing. Google fiio E-11, On here it was Cleoes review of this that sold me. There is also another one from headphonia, that also hep me make my decision 

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #2,456 of 7,982

Quote:

I upgraded from the Brainwavz m2 too nice i love my gr07 i just used them at home when i go out somewhere i use my M2s.

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #2,457 of 7,982
ey i have a question i notice that in my laptop my gr07 dont sound as good as my ipod. I'm a noob at this what do i buy to make it sound better? An amp? please help and direct in me in the right direction
etysmile.gif

i sometimes perfer to listen on my laptop but i need it to sound better

edit i just learned that u need a dac. Im looking at the FiiO E7 will this be good enough?

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #2,459 of 7,982
On my thinkpad, the GR07 sounds lush, butter smooth. On my HTC Amaze running Android, its crisp, but lacking the body.. but then, i installed DSP Manager, enable Head Virtual Room Effect and set the Room Type to stage, and WOW is the best way to describe. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #2,460 of 7,982

Quote:
A complaint right now though and I'm digging through the pages to find an answer, I'm having a lot of trouble with the fit.  I don't like foam and the stock ones are not big enough. 

I have the same problem.  I am using the large Sony Hybrids...and as Freefallr4545 mentioned, I do get best results by making sure that the tips aren't pushed on too far.
These are the best I have found (and I have tried many)...but I still wish I could try a little larger.  I think Sony EX-600 and EX-1000 come with an XL (or LL) tip that would probably be perfect.  The problem is, I haven't found any way to purchase it separately.  It doesn't come in the normal Sony Hybrid retail package.  

Anyone know how to get this tip?   (Or maybe I just need to go ahead and get the EX-600 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back