VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #1,637 of 7,982
This gives me goosebumps, especially with the FX700 and ER4S!

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,638 of 7,982

Nice assortment of tips. I agree that the JAYS are great for the GR07, but I put it number 2. Number 1 for me in the large Panny translucent blue silicon tips. I think the nozzle hole is just a little bit larger and the rubber a little bit more firmer than the JAYS.
Quote:

These are a few of the tips I've accumulated while trying to find my ideal sound on the GR07. They include the addiem tips, hifiman tips, and others. To me, the best sounding of all are the Jays silicon tips. They have a great sound due to the large bore (larger than the hifimans), great sounstage, and are extremely comfortable. Also, there is NO trace of sibilance, unlike the hifiman tips. I think these tips really show how the GR07 was intended to sound.

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #1,639 of 7,982
A test track for me when I'm measuring how good the GR07 reproduces electric guitar, bass and drums (of course I use a better FLAC version than this one from youtube, but you'll get my point). Plus, this is one of my favorite songs by Led Zep... Happy listening!

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #1,640 of 7,982

Quote:
Nice assortment of tips. I agree that the JAYS are great for the GR07, but I put it number 2. Number 1 for me in the large Panny translucent blue silicon tips. I think the nozzle hole is just a little bit larger and the rubber a little bit more firmer than the JAYS.

...really, Eric? really? You do realize that I HAVE to buy it now?

Oct 24, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #1,642 of 7,982
lol good luck trying to find those HJE900 tips. I personally like the hybrids with some comply foam at the back.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #1,644 of 7,982
The actual body of the GR07 is quite sturdy, and the rotating nozzle doesn't seem to be easily breakable. If it were, I'd have ripped mine out of the socket by now with all the tip experimenting I've been doing. The only problem you might experience with the GR07 is the strain relief joint coming apart. I think it's due to Vsonic using crappy glue at that exact point. A dab of super glue, and it'll look like nothing ever happened.

Yes, those are the only differences...oh and they come in different colors, but I personally find the black quite sexy. I don't know why they're referred to as the 'newer model.' It's been causing quite a bit of confusion lately

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am now convinced that Gandalf and Dumbledore collaborated on the R&D of the GR07. The reproduction of the cymbals and electric guitars are simply witchcraft. There can be no other explanation. I will now avoid bringing them into a church, in case holy water accidentally spills on them and they melt...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #1,646 of 7,982
Quote:
The actual body of the GR07 is quite sturdy, and the rotating nozzle doesn't seem to be easily breakable. If it were, I'd have ripped mine out of the socket by now with all the tip experimenting I've been doing. The only problem you might experience with the GR07 is the strain relief joint coming apart. I think it's due to Vsonic using crappy glue at that exact point. A dab of super glue, and it'll look like nothing ever happened.

Yes, those are the only differences...oh and they come in different colors, but I personally find the black quite sexy. I don't know why they're referred to as the 'newer model.' It's been causing quite a bit of confusion lately

Cheers with this info on build I'm very close to buying a pair. That and the evangelical tenor of this thread! Does anyone know if Vsonic provides any sort of manufacturer's warranty or is it up to the reseller?

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #1,647 of 7,982

Quote:

Cheers with this info on build I'm very close to buying a pair. That and the evangelical tenor of this thread! Does anyone know if Vsonic provides any sort of manufacturer's warranty or is it up to the reseller?

I believe it would mainly be through the reseller, but I didn't even look it up because if I lost/broke mine I'd sell whatever I could do buy another pair.

Quote:
Its quite incredible this GR07. After a week with them I'm also convinced this is all wizardry and witchcraft!!

Every.. single.. track..  played is like a mini eargasm.. 

Just wait until it that biocellulose loosens up...

In the meanwhile, check this out

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #1,648 of 7,982
Oct 24, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #1,649 of 7,982

Quote:
This gives me goosebumps, especially with the FX700 and ER4S!

This is one of my alltime favorite Youtube videos. The song can also be found on Spotify but I actually prefer this version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back