Oct 5, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #1,441 of 7,982
Yes. 
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #1,444 of 7,982
Finally found a way to wear them without ear-guide :D

Assuming the wire is straight (untwisted) WITHOUT EARGUIDES
Move chin slider up a bit
Using Thumb + Index finger,
Holding the left earplug upside down, turn wire leading to left earplug counter clockwise 2x times -> put over ear
Holding the right earplug upside down, turn wire leading to right earplug clockwise 2x times -> put over ear

Note: Maintain the twist as you wear over the ear

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #1,446 of 7,982

Quote:
You likely won't get any tracking number.  It'll take between one and two weeks based on the info from everyone else in this thread.

As for myself...I've also just had my left headphone split like mentioned in the past few pages.  A little dab of superglue, and all is well.  No biggie, but kind of disconcerting since the headphones are only used at home and are only a few months old.

The quality control issue is concerning to me and makes me think about getting the IE8s instead. I only went with GR07 because it's like half the price and almost same SQ according to this forum. But I have seen reports of IE8s going bad too. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #1,447 of 7,982
I don't think the GR07 is any less durable than the IE8. Every product is going to have occasional issue and the problems popping up here have be pretty mild.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #1,448 of 7,982
The IE8 always struck me as a very durable iem. I have to say that there seems to be a pattern developing on the GR07 (the one mentioned above). I agree that every iem has quality issues, but some have more the others, like the Shure SE215. Or I remember when the first batch of the PFE was having a ton of issues. That being said, the forums are a dangerous place to determine an iem's quality from, because people are more prone to speak of failure than success. That being said, I don't really remember a patter of problems about the IE8. I hope is true of the GR07, too! 

Quote:
I don't think the GR07 is any less durable than the IE8. Every product is going to have occasional issue and the problems popping up here have be pretty mild.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #1,449 of 7,982
I agree, the IE8 is more durable than the GR07, by a noticeable margin. Let's not cloud our judgement just because we are enjoying the IEM, every IEM has it's share of problems. The IE8's is the lack of isolation in the ergonomics, the GR07 has some build issues in this aspect. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #1,451 of 7,982
I'm pretty sure I've only seen one case of it actually failing before...

On this note, mine has been fine for the past several months of using them, and I've been carrying them around in my pocket a lot.  Though recently I've been leaving it at home and using a different, cheaper pair of IEMs outside.

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #1,452 of 7,982

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've only seen one case of it actually failing before...

On this note, mine has been fine for the past several months of using them, and I've been carrying them around in my pocket a lot.  Though recently I've been leaving it at home and using a different, cheaper pair of IEMs outside.

Yeah, and the only build quality issue is easily fixed by a $3 tube of super glue. It isn't Vsonic's fault for not knowing the glue they used originally wouldn't last. I'm sure they've learned their lesson now. As far as the rest of the IEM is concerned, the build is simple, yet rock-solid. 

BTW, I just got the jays tips I ordered from dweaver 2 weeks ago. I tried out the foam tips first...I have no desire to try the silicon ones. 

EDIT: Silly me. The silicone tips are perfection

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #1,453 of 7,982
I actually think the new Grey GR07 look quite nice; the Silver and Gold, not so much. I'm tempted to splurge on a new set for backup/updated accessories, but mine are barely 3 months old.

Can you even begin to imagine how much fun this hobby would be if money weren't an issue? It makes me sick.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #1,454 of 7,982

Quote:
I actually think the new Grey GR07 look quite nice; the Silver and Gold, not so much. I'm tempted to splurge on a new set for backup/updated accessories, but mine are barely 3 months old.

Can you even begin to imagine how much fun this hobby would be if money weren't an issue? It makes me sick.

Yeah, I'm already looking for a new IEM spite my GR07 just being shipped yesterday  T_T

Thank god Head-fi's trade section allows me to claw some money back. But I suspect it's the main driving force of this 'hobby' anyway.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #1,455 of 7,982
Well I definitely have over 200 hours on the GR07 now, and it's just performing at a whole different level (as many who owned theirs for that length of time said it would). It's my favorite dynamic universal now (yes, I like the sound over the three Sonys, although I still think the Sonys are great). Is it my favorite universal? I wouldn't say that quite yet. I still see it has a tie with the W4 for various reasons. I even think the GR07 is just as technically superior as the Sony EX top-end series. Before you Sony lovers grasp your hearts and want to argue against that statement, please remember it is my opinion with my ears. I knock no one for loving the TF10 or the DBA-02, although I personally can't stand either one of those IEMs. If Vsonic can improve on the GR07, I am so there!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back