VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #1,336 of 7,982
Just got mine from Frogbeats today. I'm enjoying the sound - it's exactly what I was looking for. Definitely a huge improvement in accuracy and clarity over my old CX500s. I went back to them after an hour or so of listening to the VSonics and they sounded muddy and distorted. More bass in the CX500s, but the VSonics have much clearer bass and the difference isn't all that big.

I can hear a tiny bit of sibilance, but it's not bad. I only really notice it on extended upper-mids/highs. Great listening out of the box as far as I'm concerned, and the prospect of them getting better with age just sweetens the deal.

My only real complaint so far is the comfort. I have smaller ears, so getting the housings to fit comfortably inside my ears is a challenge. They like to go deep, but there's just not enough room in my outer ear for the driver. So far, out of the included tips (I don't really have any others at this point), the most comfortable are the gray foamies, but they also don't stay in my ears very well. The reason why they're comfortable is that they stick out of my ears really far, so no housing in my outer ear. The best compromise I've found are the biflanges. I felt like I got a better seal with the included green "hybrids," but they got really uncomfortable after about half an hour. Too much pressure on outer ear bits. I've been wearing the biflanges for about 2-3 hours at this point and they're still tolerable though, so I may be sticking with them. My CX500s were more comfortable though - I could wear those for about 5 hours before they got uncomfortable, and then it took only about 5 minutes to recover and I could wear them for another 5 hours.

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #1,338 of 7,982

Quote:
Do you guys wear the GR07 with or without the over-the-ear-loop-rubber?

I wear them without; I find they can be more of a hassle than just dealing with the springy cable. I have contemplated on fashioning a "memory wire" out of a paper clip and some electrical tape. It'll look real ghetto, but hey, whatever it takes to make them work
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #1,340 of 7,982
Do you guys wear the GR07 with or without the over-the-ear-loop-rubber?

With. Just got mine, so this may change with time, but the left side on mine always wants to face the wrong direction. The only way to keep it from twisting off my ear is to use the ear guide on that side, and I'd look like a dork wearing only one ear guide.

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #1,341 of 7,982
I tried the ear thingies but it feels strange. It's perfect without. I tried the stock bi-flanges and although they did not feel very comfortable at first, now I have no problems with them. Good seal and quite comfortable after some getting used to.

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #1,342 of 7,982
I like the ear guides

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #1,348 of 7,982
That phonak one is actually really good comfort wise, you might find you have to tape the ends to keep he guide from pulling away from the wire though.

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #1,349 of 7,982

eQuote:
Do you mean the old ones that came with the GR07's? I have a pair lying around if you want them. Just need to dig them up 
biggrin.gif

I suppose the old ones are better than the new ones? ZimmerX, if you are not using your ear guide, how do you rock your Gr07 without them falling off?

Quote:
Phonak makes some silicone ones that are pretty good.  I personally don't use the ear guides with any headphone with a chin slider.  That is a much better solution to me.

http://na.audeoworld.com/products/accessories/

This is a really good find. Thanks dbdynsty25

Quote:
That phonak one is actually really good comfort wise, you might find you have to tape the ends to keep he guide from pulling away from the wire though.

I have same issue with the new ear guide, they keep sliding off :/

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #1,350 of 7,982
To use them  over the ear simply use the chin slider so they don't fall. Works for me, but your mileage may vary. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back