VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #1,322 of 7,982
X2

Quote:
Quote:

This post just made me and my wallet cry. 
eek.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #1,324 of 7,982

Quote:
Hand tuned? Not really sure what you are referring here but I do know VSONIC check every pair for things like channel imbalance on a dummy head before sending them out.

I am not sure about GR05, but I do know about GR01 (originally known as GR00) for a dual BA driver flagship (that will be sold alongside GR07), plus GR06 and GR99 - all of these are scheduled for this year. For 2012, there will be a GR08 (K3003 style dual BA + one dynamic) and GR09 (6 BA). They are also planning for several full sized and ear clip. That's as far as I know for now. I'll probably have to email my contact on VSONIC to find out more.

There goes the money for my post-grad education...

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #1,326 of 7,982
Feel free to read my post regarding several ear tips with the GR07s, but the RE0 bi-flanges were a fairly big disappointment to me.  If you're still interested, PM me and we'll work out something for the spare pair that I still have.  I won't be using them.

I would try as many ear tips as you're able to, personally -- even ones that normally wouldn't work for you.  I settled on the large (gray) Ety tri-flanges + a mod, and they're working great.

Quote:
Quick question...would some Ety biflanges or RE0 biflanges perform better on the GR07? The Ety ones I kept from an ER6i. I am currently using the stock biflanges

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #1,330 of 7,982
Can anyone clarify for me what the best Comply Foam tips are for the GR07?  Seems like I've seen T-140 mention.  Do those fit the nozzle best?  Which other ones work?

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #1,331 of 7,982

eek.gif
 man they are being AGGRESSIVE.

The Dual BA + Dynamic really interests me and it looks like I will probably own one next year :p
Quote:
Hand tuned? Not really sure what you are referring here but I do know VSONIC check every pair for things like channel imbalance on a dummy head before sending them out.

I am not sure about GR05, but I do know about GR01 (originally known as GR00) for a dual BA driver flagship (that will be sold alongside GR07), plus GR06 and GR99 - all of these are scheduled for this year. For 2012, there will be a GR08 (K3003 style dual BA + one dynamic) and GR09 (6 BA). They are also planning for several full sized and ear clip. That's as far as I know for now. I'll probably have to email my contact on VSONIC to find out more.

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #1,332 of 7,982
Just received my gray GR07s, they look nicer than the regular black ones imo. The black color looked kind of cheap, but the gray does it justice. The cable's strain relief and y-split are actually black unlike the black older batch which had them grey. Not sure if the cable difference will be the same for the newer black versions, but that's what I've noticed so far. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #1,333 of 7,982
Aaargh! I think I'm about to order a set of these, virtually straight off the back of my new FX500.
eek.gif

I'll keep the FX500, but I think the GR07 will be a good complimentary set of IEMs. It seems like they'll provide the isolation and more robust/practical build that the FX500 lacks and which I often require. From what I have read the sound should be quite different as well while still delivering the quality, if not the usual quantity, of bass to which am beholden.

Before I beat my wallet into submission again does anyone disagree with, or have an opinion on, my assessment?

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #1,334 of 7,982

Quote:
Just received my gray GR07s, they look nicer than the regular black ones imo. The black color looked kind of cheap, but the gray does it justice. The cable's strain relief and y-split are actually black unlike the black older batch which had them grey. Not sure if the cable difference will be the same for the newer black versions, but that's what I've noticed so far. 

Are there actually any differences with the cable other than the strain relief and the y-split being a different colour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back