VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #1,247 of 7,982
Has anyone successfully matched custom ear molds to the GR07s?  I would be *very* interested in that... :)

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #1,248 of 7,982
Oh wow - Found the grey and gold ones - They're disgusting - The whole unit should be the colour - Not just the housing! Blergh
cool.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #1,250 of 7,982

Grey at the top gold at the bottom - To be honest, looking at them more they are growing on me, but still - That stupid black thing on the top of the housing should be the same colour...
rolleyes.gif

Edit : I suppose the black thing matches the tips quite well - I don't know, I just prefer the black ones I think - Still a sexy IEM though

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #1,251 of 7,982
Just got mine today. Which is really surprising, considering they shipped this past Saturday—I got them 8 days after I placed my order/3 business days after they were shipped :)

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #1,253 of 7,982

Quote:

Grey at the top gold at the bottom - To be honest, looking at them more they are growing on me, but still - That stupid black thing on the top of the housing should be the same colour...
rolleyes.gif

Edit : I suppose the black thing matches the tips quite well - I don't know, I just prefer the black ones I think - Still a sexy IEM though

If I'm not mistaken the other colours for the GR07 have yet to be finalised because Vsonic were not happy with the results. But that was a few weeks ago - however that photo is older than that.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #1,255 of 7,982

Quote:
I had the MTPC for a few months and they were my chosen headphones for quite a while.  The GR07s only trail them in bass quantity...and that's about it.  The GR07s are superior in almost every other way (well the cable on the Coppers is better too).  The separation, the mids and highs...all are better on the 07s.  The bass, while not as much quantity, is better quality...quite a bit more range it seems and there is a significant amount of texture that the Coppers just don't seem to be able to produce.  The fit and ergonomics on the GR07s are also superior.  I would never take the Coppers over the GR07s and the GR07s are 50 bucks cheaper to boot!  

Don't get me wrong, the Coppers are fantastic, but certainly not at a more expensive price tag compared to the Vsonics.  Maybe at 125 we can talk about bang for the buck, but now, the GR07s are a better headphone (price and performance wise).

Quote:
Yes have both.
My work friend also has tried both (Me lending him for a weekend).

Myself - I prefer the 07`s, the MTPC sound to me now a little "industrial". Bassy but with too much clarity. To me, become boring after a while. Good at what they do but I very much doubt you would fall asleep with them. I prefer a warmer sound, less clarity. Do not confuse clarity with detail.

My workmate - He originally bought my Denon C751`s. MTPC - Loves/loved them. Had my 07`s last weekend. Found them boring, good but nothing that made him interested.

There you have it, none the wiser from reading that.

Both are very capable, It is signature dependent and style of music dependent.

Thank you so much!

I'm now tempted to find a pair for audition...hmm.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #1,258 of 7,982
Ladies, gents, as requested, some detailed photos of the Hybrid tips that come with the GR07. Definitely not overkill, as 3 sets of the are foam filled hybrids, which are pretty comfortable. However I can't tell you about sound quality right now as I haven't even listened to them yet (just got shipment through so they're brand new). 

cool.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #1,259 of 7,982
Mine are on their way :)

"Yes, it has been shipped by Amazon's fulfilment service so it should be with you within the next 1-3 working days."

That's the reply I got from the ebay seller....rather strange but oh well.

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #1,260 of 7,982
Deleted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back