VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #1,186 of 7,982
Quote:
It kinda does, but that's easily remedied by turning the nozzle until the phones lay kinda flat against your ears like the shures do.  Plus, the hifiman bi-flanges have a bore (?) that fits the GR07 perfectly. It doesn't muffle the sound, while giving better bass response due to te good seal

Exactly. They've been my recommendation all along. 
smile.gif

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #1,187 of 7,982

Quote:
Ok I used the Jays foams for the last day and a bit and I think they change the treble but less than any foam tips I've tried. They also add a bit more isolation and reduce sound through conduction. I think they are the best foam option for those looking for foam unless you are used to the large Shure Olives in which case these will be to smal

I then switched to the jays silicone tip and man do they ever seal well (I went large and they are slightly larger than the stock tips). This added seal definitely increase the bass but I really like what they do to the sound stage and clarity. They actually increase the detail a notch over the stock tips.

I don't think I will use the foams so will put them up for sale though (minus the pair I am using) and will also sell some of the pairs of silicone tips as well since I don't need so many pairs. So anyone wanting to try these can PM me or I will just put them up in the FS forum.

Nice to know about the jays silicone tips. So far it's non-foam that seems to work better for these iems for some reason (for me). Have you tried monster foam? Got a few pairs on the way and I'm hoping deeper insertion will work nicely with the highs.

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #1,188 of 7,982
Got all the tips that I need for evaluation, as the initial inventory from the Gr-07;s did not work at all for me as all the tips were too small. It is my personal preference using Large tips in this order;
Jays silicone
hifi man Biflange (extreme close second)
Phonacs (still very close and love them also)
Sony hybrids
 I think if the Sony were a little larger I would like them more, but using the jays half way down the nozzle just does it for me.  Bass and Sub bass is nice and punchy and well defined. mids are perfect, where the guitars just come through perfectly. Highs (which in my humble opinion) are the weakness of the Gr-07, gives the cymbals acceptable weight. I am absolutely loving these Phones, they seem to be the perfect Combination of details and fun.
The Hi Fi man Biflanges may lose just a tad of mids, slightly more mid bass, but outstanding Isolation
Phonacs are Killer for guitar Mids, but the Jays seem to be more balanced all around. Of course all this could change
I

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #1,190 of 7,982

Quote:
Hm, quick question: do foam tips cut down on sibilance at all?

Shure Olives definitely reduced treble in my experienece and Jays did as well although not nearly as much as the Olives. So if the sibilance is in the treble I think they would help.

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #1,191 of 7,982
I dont have any monster foam tips left right now but had issues with them in ear when I owned my MTPC so won't be trying them.

Quote:

Nice to know about the jays silicone tips. So far it's non-foam that seems to work better for these iems for some reason (for me). Have you tried monster foam? Got a few pairs on the way and I'm hoping deeper insertion will work nicely with the highs.

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #1,192 of 7,982

Quote:

Shure Olives definitely reduced treble in my experienece and Jays did as well although not nearly as much as the Olives. So if the sibilance is in the treble I think they would help.

Well, I was looking at the S series comply foam tips...they look sort of interesting and they have a sale going on right now.  It's unfortunately a serious pain in the ass to get these tips up in Canada...

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #1,193 of 7,982
Getting tips is definitely a challenge for us Canucks :), if you want to try the Jays foams PM me as I have several pair due to my Jays purchase that I am selling minus the one pair I am keeping for myself. It might be an afforable way to audition them before committing a larger purchase of the tips.

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #1,194 of 7,982
Just listened to these for the first time again after week of being in love with the RE262's and Beta's - Wow, these really are fantastic. They are amazingly under-priced for what they give IMO.

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #1,195 of 7,982

I actually love the Monster foam hybrids on the GR07 (along with the Sony hybrids and the Jays silicon). The only thing is that I need to use the cores from the GR07 gray foams inside of the Monsters so that when I pull the iem out of my ears the foams will come out too instead of staying lodged inside of my ear canals.
Quote:

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #1,196 of 7,982
 The Monster Supertips have been become my choice as well. They have better isolation than any silicone tip, which also translates into the best bass extension possible. The treble is also maintained well due to a sufficient bore opening and the use of silicone on the sound-tube. 

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #1,197 of 7,982
I just noticed there is a new version of these phones listed on the lendmeurears eBay page, does anyone have info on them?

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #1,199 of 7,982
Please use the search button..it's been covered.

Thanks for the link, although searching for "gr07 new version" (which I did by the way) doesn't bring me to that post, or the one quoted (or any sort of useful info. That's why I posted asking, because I placed an order on the 13th when the old page was still up, and I've just been notified on eBay of the new listing yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back