VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #811 of 7,982
They were small.

I have tried medium Ai-M6 and Gr-07 double flanges before.

I have send a PM to you...

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #812 of 7,982
Quote:

i2ehan, thank you very much for the advise!
beerchug.gif

I have two questions then:

Where can I purchase these tips from (since I live in Turkey, it is not possible for me to find them here)? 
confused_face_2.gif

and

Are there also any good single flange alternatives (because double flanges which I have tried before did not fit/seal my ear-canal)?

As far as I know, they can only be purchased through head-direct.com. You can always try posting a wanted ad here in the FS forums; considering all the well-deserved praise, I'm sure there are more than a handful here on Head-Fi that own HiFiMan in-ears.
smile.gif

As per the single-flange tips, as our friend s0lar mentioned, the Sony hybrids are well received by most, and come in a wide array of sizes; the very same goes for the Monster SuperTips. In either case, the GR07's bore may not be entirely exposed, hence altering the sound that they reproduce, to varying degrees (based on the listener). That's particularly why I'm quite fond of the HiFiMan bi-flanges, as they leave just enough space to accomodate the full bore width (refer to the picture I posted on the last page), and hence reproduce the sound without any appreciable veil/muffle.

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #814 of 7,982
Quote:

As far as I know, they can only be purchased through head-direct.com. You can always try posting a wanted ad here in the FS forums; considering all the well-deserved praise, I'm sure there are more than a handful here on Head-Fi that own HiFiMan in-ears.
smile.gif

As per the single-flange tips, as our friend s0lar mentioned, the Sony hybrids are well received by most, and come in a wide array of sizes; the very same goes for the Monster SuperTips. In either case, the GR07's bore may not be entirely exposed, hence altering the sound that they reproduce, to varying degrees (based on the listener). That's particularly why I'm quite fond of the HiFiMan bi-flanges, as they leave just enough space to accomodate the full bore width (refer to the picture I posted on the last page), and hence reproduce the sound without any appreciable veil/muffle.

Thank you i2ehan! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #815 of 7,982
@Baycode: my pleasure my friend. :)

@T.F.O.A: opinions will certainly vary here my friend, and I can only speak on my own behalf. I never had much success with the Sony hybrids, and I own 10 pairs, which came included with my EX1000's. Though there are a countless number of listeners who use the hybrids, and couldn't be any more content, so they're definitely worth a shot. The same holds true for the Monster SuperTips, which certainly didn't cut it for my ears. Between the T400 and HiFiMan bi-flanges, they're equally comfortable, but the T400's, comparatively speaking, provide a shallow fit, versus the bi-flanges, which offer my ears a deeper insertion, allowing for a much more intimate, and fuller reproduction of the sound. In fact, I've always managed to achieve a fuller, more complete sound, if you will, with bi/tri-flanges in general. They do come in both small and large, so at the very least, those contemplating whether or not the bi-flanges appear too large can always opt for the smaller size. In either case, the GR07's bore width matches so well with the bi-flange tips, and given that their fit/comfort is top notch, I really haven't found any reason to consider otherwise. :D

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #816 of 7,982
I love the bi-flange's from Hifiman! In fact I like the ones that came with the RE0 and not the ones that came with the RE262.
The first ones seems a lot better to thicken the bass and have better isolation. The latter ones are kind of strange: while the first ones are "normals", the latter ones have a little space between the fist and second flanges. Quite annoying.
Isn't there any other place or type of bi-flanges that are similar?
:

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #817 of 7,982
Thought I'd share an update; with well over 100 hours I've noticed some subtle differences from when I first received them.

Treble seems to have tamed just a bit and I'm now detecting just a hint of warmness in the sound. I've used Sony hybrids from the begining, so I don't know if this is contributing to it or not. I've got some of the larger bore Jays silicone tips coming to test. Also sub bass seems a little more prominent than before. In fact I haven't been using the zo or eq to give extra sub bass. Distortion guitars and drums still sound fantastic. Now if only the cable would magically get softer and more flexible...

I can't wait to compare these to the JVC FXT90's that I'll have the opportunity to hear in a few weeks.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #821 of 7,982
Yeah, thankfully, the wires do loosen up after awhile.

Glad to know I am not the only one hearing the GR07 as a warmer and sweeter earphone after the mentioned "burn-in".
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #822 of 7,982
If I coil mine like that and let it go, it would strike like a spitting cobra. I feel like Billy The Exterminator stuffing it into a case.

LOL..

That's the same way it was for me.. but with use (and repeated coiling/uncoiling), it becomes much more pliable.. particularly at where the ear guides go. 

Patience, grasshopper..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back