VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #781 of 7,982
oh right, another questions, for those who have digizoid zo, does it adds more bass? cause i'm happy with the gr-07 just wish for it to have more bass guitar, not the drum, it's already perfect on drum, just more bass guitar, cause it kinda sounds a bit shy for me, just a bit louder then it'd be perfect, now does the zo helps on the bass guitar or not? thanks

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #782 of 7,982
I received the RE0 double flange tips today and although they may be slightly to big they are definitely one of my favorite tips for the GR07, although I have yet to receive the jays silicone tips.  The RE0 tips fit prefectly without any modification however the tips are so long and large that they push the back of the vsonics to rest on the back of my ears.  Not far enough back to where they are causing alot of pressure but those of you with smaller ears may find it to be irritating.  Makes me wish that they would sell the rest of their stock tips.  Looking forward to the jays.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #783 of 7,982

Quote:
oh right, another questions, for those who have digizoid zo, does it adds more bass? cause i'm happy with the gr-07 just wish for it to have more bass guitar, not the drum, it's already perfect on drum, just more bass guitar, cause it kinda sounds a bit shy for me, just a bit louder then it'd be perfect, now does the zo helps on the bass guitar or not? thanks

it add bass. it may thicken the drums' notes a little, but it doesn't add to them. it concentrates on the bass .

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #785 of 7,982
Forget to say, i did try the eq on the ipod classic, the bass booster, it adds up (the quantity or quality?) on the bass guitar, but yet at the same time, the rest of the sound is muffled, so i turned it back off. does bass guitar in bass or mid bass category?

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #789 of 7,982
I believe the price is one and the same my friend, if I'm not mistaken. We'll know for sure however come September, if all goes as planned. :)

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #790 of 7,982
My GR-07 arrived this morning...

As someone mentioned in a forum, they did not make me say wow at first listen, but they are really something that I need to understand and upgrade myself 
wink.gif
  not my equipment 
rolleyes.gif
afterwards...

Sound stage is large but not as expected, I believe that the main goal is the balance. Also it is very detailed, easy to listen.

I still did not find the right ear tips for it. I am using it with my white silicone ear tips which looks like the tips on CK10. But none of the included tips are for my ears
frown.gif
  They don't seal enough and sound well. Can you give advise?

Now I am comparing them to my Denon AH-C710 and first thing that I say is "how could I listen to my Denon's again?". They sound like a 25 dollars earphone now
confused_face.gif

On the bass department C-710 is a monster, but other than that it is sounding very different... C-710 is still a good earphone but the sound is so different to my brain that I think they will find hard times to get used again... (This psycho-aquistic effect is very interesting to experiment while A-B'ing
blink.gif
  )

As I mentioned before, this time, after purchasing GR-07, I think it is time to upgrade my hearing and perception, not my equipment
etysmile.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #792 of 7,982
Take a gander of this through the GR07. My ears say HELL YES!!

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #793 of 7,982
Quote:

I still did not find the right ear tips for it. I am using it with my white silicone ear tips which looks like the tips on CK10. But none of the included tips are for my ears
frown.gif
  They don't seal enough and sound well. Can you give advise?

I'm fortunate enough to currently own an enormous variation of tips from different manufacturers. The HiFiMan double-flanges (shown below) coupled with the GR07 is quite literally a match made in heaven. Not to mention, I can (and do) wear them for hours on end each day, without ANY discomfort whatsoever. I've tried MANY other tips, but upon discovering the GR07/HiFiMan bi-flange combination, I knew it was fate. Were it not for the aforementioned tips, the GR07 would never have posed a threat to my current 2 most preferred in-ears, the SM3/EX1000. The point of diminishing return was never quite as obvious for these ears as it is now with the GR07, and I undoubtedly owe it all to the HiFiMan bi-flanges.
smile.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #795 of 7,982
I've never heard low rider like that before and that days go by video is awesome. I personally wouldn't mind more of the whole listen to this song through these thing. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back