VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #46 of 7,982
Got mine, my it is so very good-looking. No stupid bling or labels, nice and low-profile good style.

I agree with all previous posters SQ initial impressions, level of depth and detail is insane literally got chicken skin listening to tracks.

One question though, on low boomy bass im getting sort of like static and the bass isn't that clear... is this the silibance people talk about? It's not on vocals, only for Boom bass.

Could be my files though, was listening straight from laptop with mp3s

Other than that, i haven't cried this much since high school   
etysmile.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #47 of 7,982
I was just listening to my gr07's on my Htc incredible and then back to my Rockboxed sansa fuze...

The incredible sounds like total garbage compared to my Fuze, it sounds like listening to a 100kbps mp3 and a 320kbps track on the fuze..
Btw i have rockbox on my phone and it does not help, plus the bass sounds like it does on my $20 ie sonys..

Looks like i will be carrying my sansa fuze with me more often.

Now im looking for a good lightweight portable amp..

Giving head-fi the finger sarcastically for clearing out another bank account.

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #48 of 7,982

So since i just got my GR07 just going thru some of my music.

Listening to some Daft Punk Tron Legacy: track #22- Finale

First min of the track there's a french horn or something playing

About 1:00 in im thinking "what the heck hearing some wierd noise" then it hit me... the noise i was hearing was the performer of the horn taking breaths as he blowed 
eek.gif

Jun 12, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #51 of 7,982

Quote:

So since i just got my GR07 just going thru some of my music.

Listening to some Daft Punk Tron Legacy: track #22- Finale

First min of the track there's a french horn or something playing

About 1:00 in im thinking "what the heck hearing some wierd noise" then it hit me... the noise i was hearing was the performer of the horn taking breaths as he blowed 
eek.gif

just had a listen to that song myself after you mentioned the breathing.. Yeah there are a couple of times that i can hear one inhale after another..

the 2:12 mark is pretty impressive.

Tron's Daft Punk "solar sailer" wow the bass the beginning was shaking my head..

Jun 12, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #53 of 7,982
Just listen to that song about with various IEMS and heard all the breathing. 

I'm getting that soundtrack that is a must.

Jun 18, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #54 of 7,982
Got mine about a week ago, and they sound fantastic. One issue I had with them is the treble spike, but that seems to be clearing up. In the beginning, I couldn't listen to them very long without feeling discomfort. I can still hear some of the sibilance, but somehow it doesn't sound harsh to my ears. I am hoping this gets even better with time.

I have to agree with most people that this is not a "fun" earphone. It has a somewhat sterile sound to me, as was expected. I am not as engaged with my music as with other headphones and earphones, but the upside to this is that it performs well with all the genres of music that I've tried so far. I still feel the need to try more earphones, but I think I can safely conclude that I'm not going to find a better all rounder than these.

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #55 of 7,982

For those wondering are VSonic GR07 worth upgrading over Head Direct RE0 's  :

1. Go for VSonic GR07 if :

- You use Ipod, Cowon, Samsung, Sony etc DAPs. You do not use portable amps and do not own HiFi DAP-s with onboard amp, like S:Flo2 / Teclast T51, HiFiman HM-601 / 602 , Cube C30... 
- You are not sibilant sensitive and prefer classical/acoustical music, less vocal music ...
- You are sick of RE0's microphonics, you don't wanna mess with RE0's any longer...
- You love RE0 signature, but your RE0's are hardly abused or broken, you need buy new earphones, you don't wanna mess with RE0's any longer...
- You need earphones that last long, you hate buying/trading earphones often. 

1. Go for RE0 if :

- You have portable amp or a capable DAP, that could proper drive RE0's.
- You want the best bang for buck performer, that properly amped, offers great neutral sounding allover the spectrum.
- You are an accurate person, you know how to take care of expensive, fragile toys and you fit the case above. 

Using both earphone on Cowon Iaudio 7, Teclast T51 and HiFiMan 601, having burned tham in 200+ hours both, this is my conclusion :  
When properly amped, there is little quality difference between them, including bass region. More than that, when amped, Re0's soundstage sounds more realistical that GR07's uber-wide stage. In terms of fun and enjoyment, I could give GR07 my preference based on 3D stage, if not the annoying peak in the 6khz region. 
And there is one more thing to consider too. RE0 can be easily and reversible moded, putting some wadding in the tube canal. After this mode, my RE0's gained the needed bass and lose some overemphasized treble energy, becoming the most linear-neutral phones I had ever heard (better then HD600, DT880, HD595...). Moded RE0 could become the ultimate giant killer, if not the low sensitivity, poor accessories and build issues ...

I am sorry for posting this message on two different forums, but there are lot of people out there who needed the answer on this question..

IT's just my IMHO...

Jun 19, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #56 of 7,982
Just got mine... very, very impressed with it. They are in a fast track of becoming one of my favorite IEMs along with the other top-tiers I got.
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #57 of 7,982
Has anyone had a chance to compare these to the Brainwavz M3?  I love the M3 and if these are just the next logical step up...I think I'm going to be in love.  It "kind" of sounds like they could be. I've already got my GR07s on order...just waiting patiently (maybe).

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #58 of 7,982
M3 is much more musical and warm, buck lack in accuracy, resolution and extension compared to GR07. I don't consider GR07 an direct upgrade over M3 sound signature. MTPC fits the bill better.

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #59 of 7,982
Quote:
M3 is much more musical and warm, buck lack in accuracy, resolution and extension compared to GR07. I don't consider GR07 an direct upgrade over M3 sound signature. MTPC fits the bill better.

Interesting...I've tried the Copper and while I thought it was alright, I still preferred the M3 sound at 1/3 the cost.  I guess we'll see how the GR07 stacks up whenever it gets here.  Being a listener of a lot of hip hop and southern rock, I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed, so at least my expectations are low.  Maybe I'll be surprised and I'll prefer the accuracy over the musicality.

Thanks for the response.  :)

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #60 of 7,982
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being a listener of a lot of hip hop and southern rock, I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed, so at least my expectations are low.  Maybe I'll be surprised and I'll prefer the accuracy over the musicality.

WRONG.  I listen to the same genres and the GR07 are my GO TO IEMs.  Near BA-level crispness blended with dynamic-like decay, timbre, and extension.  Let them burn in extensively, get the right seal, and you'll be surprised by how engaging they sound.  They're not overly colored, so if that's synonymous with "musical" to you, look elsewhere.. but they're not sterile or overly clinical in the slightest (after 300+ hours of burn in).

The bass extension and texturing is no joke.. they're not tuned to bash you're eardrums like some cheap subwoofers, so if that's what you're look for, you WILL be disappointed.  If you want deep, balanced, ample bass.. you will be satisfied.  The midrange has very good texture and possess speed just enough to balance crispness with note thickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back