VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #7,276 of 7,982
Nicely said! Ive veen contemplating on getting the new gr07x but waiting for a bit more information about the cable!

Seems like it adds a bit more weight, and with the strain relief on the earpiece being unchanged, i feel it would put more stress on the joint.

That was also one of my issues with the gr07,the lack of strain relief.

Sighhh my gr07be is on its way out, after 3-4 years of on and off service.

Havent found something that sounds the same yet... closest is the new vsd3s which as u said lacks the fitness in the treble causing it to sound harsh.

My setup for the GR07 so far is a plastic cable clip I got from god knows where, and it fits the cable perfectly without clamping onto it. I'll use it for the GR07X and it should hopefully support the weight of the Y-split + cable splitter.

This is the closest match I could find:

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB16CfYKpXXXXXraXXXq6xXFXXXy/Clip-Clips-Nip-Clamp-for-in-ear-Headphone-Earphones-Headset-Cellphone-Attach-Cable-on-cloth-shirt.jpg

Only it has a circular cable slot with a small lip inside, making its profile look a bit like the letter G. Cable moves freely, but is not likely to pop out unless you rotate it as you pull it out of the slot.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #7,277 of 7,982
For my money, I would go for the GR07 Classic.

The Bass Edition costs more, and the Classic is already a warmer sounding earphone over the Titan1.

I own the first VSD5 (there is a "new VSD5S" aswell which I've not heard), but in my experience the VSD5 and "new VSD3S", while competent and great in some aspects, have a treble which is not very pleasant, especially when compared to Titan1 and GR07 which both have superb treble sparkle, cleanliness and articulation.

If you like the Titan1, then the GR07 Classic (Or bass edition if you decide to spend a bit more) will provide you with a similar level of treble cleanliness and performance, but a warmer sound, less upper-mids and more noise isolation. Plus GR07 Classic/Bass are just overall better than VSD3/5 to my ears.

You can't really go wrong with the GR07. It's kind of the inverse of the Titan1, Titan 1 has slightly agressive, boosted upper-mids and slightly recessed/distant-feeling lower mids thanks to the open design, while the GR07 swings those two the other way. Both are dynamic, snappy and very detailed, and quite lovely to listen to.

Hope it helps. :)

Thank you for making the things clearer. However, I think I will go for the hifiman 400 this time,as I feel that I won't see a huge difference between the titan and the gr07. And plus, one of the assets of the re400 is the analytical sound, so I think I am doing it right.
Soon my impressions :)

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #7,278 of 7,982
Thank you for making the things clearer. However, I think I will go for the hifiman 400 this time,as I feel that I won't see a huge difference between the titan and the gr07. And plus, one of the assets of the re400 is the analytical sound, so I think I am doing it right.
Soon my impressions :)

I would recommend u try the re00 before the re400. As i have all the ones u mentioned

The gr07be, re400 , dunu titan 1 and now the mentioned re00.

The re400 while i think can compete toe to toe on a technical level with the gr07 and the titan 1, is sorely lacking in terms of the build.

Its consistent but consistently unrealiable, it feels fragile in the hand and many have noted issues with them.

I baby my pair like u wouldnt believe, and it still makes me nervous to this day.

The re00 i think does the re400 justice but with a better constructed cable and headphone jack with a more flexible strain relief to the housing.

The sound is a bit bassier and a bit just a bit ( i mean a bit) v shaped relative to the re400, but less then the vsonic gr07

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #7,280 of 7,982
Given that I've had 3 dead GR07 pairs due to cable issues till date (2xBE and 1 Classic), I don't feel so good about dropping $200 on a non-detachable design, even though I dearly love the GR07 sound signature.

The jack replacement feature isn't really useful for me, it's the other end I need replacement capabilities on.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #7,284 of 7,982
  Given that I've had 3 dead GR07 pairs due to cable issues till date (2xBE and 1 Classic), I don't feel so good about dropping $200 on a non-detachable design, even though I dearly love the GR07 sound signature.

The jack replacement feature isn't really useful for me, it's the other end I need replacement capabilities on.

Hello dishayu,

Could you comment on your preference/difference between the Classic and BE version please ? It seems you prefered the BE version since two pairs against one for the classic ..? Thanks

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #7,285 of 7,982
I wonder if there's a sound quality improvement over the GR07 Classic. If there's no improvement in sound quality then I'll pass. I already have something better than the GR07 Classic at the same price as the GR07X.

You cant tease us like that ! :p

Whats this mysterious iem ur referring to?

Consider me intrigued !

If not the gr07x( in blue or pink) i might just get a pair of the classic (silver) or maybe just maybe get another gr07be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back