VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #7,126 of 7,982
Because those are different measurement tools being used.
the distance between the driver and the reference plane is different, the width of the tube is different, the resonance chambers of the couplers are different etc...
All these factors contribute to different results especially to the mids and trebles.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #7,127 of 7,982
Hey ForceMajeure

Do you have any clue what measurement tool he uses? He doesn't state it on his measurements, I've seen that measurement head, but does he use the same for IEMs and not an IEC711? Then it would probably be different :) I however think i read somewhere that the measurement head should be IEC711 compliant. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #7,129 of 7,982
Ok great

I was affraid of it being a bad GR07 or at first my measuring equipment not being correct. It seems however that my measuring equpiment is almost 100 % so its just probably different measuring equipment and different ways of testing it like ForceMajeure wrote.

My Gr07 sounds really great. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #7,130 of 7,982
Ok great

I was affraid of it being a bad GR07 or at first my measuring equipment not being correct. It seems however that my measuring equpiment is almost 100 % so its just probably different measuring equipment and different ways of testing it like ForceMajeure wrote.

My Gr07 sounds really great. 

FWIW, I've never been impressed with Tyll's measurements. I've heard many of those headphones and those are not off as bad, but the IEM measurements just don't look right to me.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #7,131 of 7,982
After 1.5 years, my GR07's left channel is starting to cut out when I tug on the cable. :frowning2: I think it will probably just stop working soon. So I was wondering if anybody here knows what is a good upgrade from them? I have been mainly looking at the Fender FXA2 and the Mee Audio Pinnacle P1, but leaning more towards the FXA 2. I am looking for something that has a similar, but better sound, and better build quality and removable cables.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #7,132 of 7,982
After 1.5 years, my GR07's left channel is starting to cut out when I tug on the cable.
frown.gif
I think it will probably just stop working soon. So I was wondering if anybody here knows what is a good upgrade from them? I have been mainly looking at the Fender FXA2 and the Mee Audio Pinnacle P1, but leaning more towards the FXA 2. I am looking for something that has a similar, but better sound, and better build quality and removable cables.

Personally, I don't know much about the Fender FXA2 so can't help you on that one, but from my brief experience with the Mee Audio P1, they are nothing like the GR07 in terms of sound signature.

If you can state your budget, it could have been better as I cannot really think of anything that are like the GR07, but if you can stretch out to let's say, about $300-$400 US, then do look out for either the FLC8s and the Oriveti Primacy. I would take the Primacy myself, but the FLC8s are one of the most well-reviewed and respected in-ears out there on Head-Fi now.

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #7,134 of 7,982
After 1.5 years, my GR07's left channel is starting to cut out when I tug on the cable. :frowning2: I think it will probably just stop working soon. So I was wondering if anybody here knows what is a good upgrade from them? I have been mainly looking at the Fender FXA2 and the Mee Audio Pinnacle P1, but leaning more towards the FXA 2. I am looking for something that has a similar, but better sound, and better build quality and removable cables.

Just repair them yourself with a new cable or send them out for repair. It's worth it even if you decide to get something else as well

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #7,135 of 7,982
Thanks for the replies. I am really interested in the FLC8S, it is out of my budget though.I guess I will attempt to fix the GR07 while I save up money for the FLC8S. Is it possible to just cut the cable off, then solder it back on?

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #7,136 of 7,982
Thanks for the replies. I am really interested in the FLC8S, it is out of my budget though.I guess I will attempt to fix the GR07 while I save up money for the FLC8S. Is it possible to just cut the cable off, then solder it back on?

Consider mee audio p1,an absolute upgrade on gr07..........

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #7,137 of 7,982
I still am considering P1, because of how amazing it looks and its price. But is it good with rock and metal music? I read that it lacks sub bass.

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #7,138 of 7,982

Yes it lacks a bit of sub bass but overall the mid bass punch is very good.The mids are silky and highs are amazing.Point is its much much smoother sounding than gr07 with a bigger soundstage and much better seal.If u ask me there is no contest really.

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #7,140 of 7,982
After 1.5 years, my GR07's left channel is starting to cut out when I tug on the cable.
frown.gif
I think it will probably just stop working soon. So I was wondering if anybody here knows what is a good upgrade from them? I have been mainly looking at the Fender FXA2 and the Mee Audio Pinnacle P1, but leaning more towards the FXA 2. I am looking for something that has a similar, but better sound, and better build quality and removable cables.

for me I found a great alternative to say the gr07be (I know yours is the original/classic version) but maybe the dunu titan 5?

you can grab the 3 if you want a bit of a leaner bass.

for me I think the titan 5 has a similar sort of timbre, with a slightly more neutral  (like the gr07be), not necessarily too warm (I would say).

great depth and speed in the bass (the titan 5 packs a bit more punch, and just a bit slower) with a emphasized treble (not as thin, papery sounding as the gr07be)

if I had to choose an alternative to the gr07be based on the ones I have "tried" or owned

it would be the following:

1) dunu titan 5/ 3
2) hifiman re400
3) vsonic vsd3s (the new version)---> this is more like a cheaper alternative (similar sort of overall balanced, but its a somewhat more rough around the edges), the old vsd3s is even warmer sounding with a fuller bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back