VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #7,096 of 7,982
  Vsonic GR07 Bass edition is the best Vsonic to date IMO, you get the bass tight and not overbearing at all. You get the detail, you get slighlty less hot treble. a tiny backed mids like 2-3db behind the rest of the spectrum but still very good.

fab bang for the buck, to be sure...just get a really good seal on them...found the classic a bit sizzly on the treble sometimes

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #7,097 of 7,982
Just how much bass quantity difference are we talking about between the Classic and BE? Would it affect the mids?

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #7,098 of 7,982
Apparently, I've been a Head-Fi member since 2012 but it's only since a few months I really got hooked. What a world we live in! Computers got miniaturised into smartphones, big speakers into tiny iems. Being able to listen to music on the go and not have to compromise the experience is something I'm very grateful for.

Now, why did I get hooked. First there was the Philips S2 (too much sibilance for me), then the Hifiman RE400 (ok but a bit boring and also high-mids slightly splashy to my ears). Ok, I needed something better, bit the bullet and invested quite some cash into a multi BA: Nuforce's Primo 8. After initial enthusiasm I was left underwhelmed and I thought iems were never going to cut it for me.

Two or three months ago I started reading about iems on Head-Fi and read extensively about Vsonic. Boy, I'm glad I did. I first bought their vsd3s for barely 30$ with lmue and for the first time I could experience what iems are capable of. A few weeks later I got gr07 as I read they are a step up from vsd3s. Indeed they are. Even straigth out of my LG G3 they sound spectacular: effortless from bass to treble and without the dreaded sibilance. Each instrument is rendered in its own aural space. The presentation is never muddied. I'm hooked.

Seeing the pace at which iems are being improved I'm curious to see where this will get us. As I said these are exciting times.

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #7,099 of 7,982
The GR07 still is such a fantastic sounding piece of kit. The driver, the design and the ergonomics just come together to form such a great product. I recently tried the new VSD3S, and while very good for the price, there is no comparison to the GR07.

I hope that Vsonic are still working on stuff behind the scenes. Whatever they release as a potential follow-up to the GR07, I will buy it. I hope that they try to avoid the sharp treble of recent releases, including the VSD5, VSD2 and VSD3S. I would guess they share the same 10mm driver which might explain the similar treble sound. Of those I actually prefer the VSD2 over the VSD3 and VSD5, because my VSD2 isn't as agressive and I can bring the volume up to more pleasing levels. The VSD5 has a much more agressive, though richer, more even treble, but the VSD2 treble still has good definition and sounds quite natural apart from some high treble focus. The New VSD3S I'm underwhelmed by after some listening. There is some peaks in the high treble I just cannot adjust to, it sounds crystalline like the VSD2 treble, but it's also sharper and more agressive like the VSD5, so it quickly becomes tiresome.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #7,100 of 7,982
You're absolutely right. While VSD3S was an ear-opener for me, GR07 plays in another league. In comparison, while very musical, VSD3S sounds a bit 'loose' to me. Although I always thought I was treble sensitive, I have no problem at all with the sibilance or sharp treble people are reporting of VSD3S. Maybe this has to do with the fact I mainly listen to instrumental classical music. I'm not happy to read that you're disappointed by the new version of VSD3S (glad I bought the old one).

Indeed Vsonic is a company I will keep an eye on. I will surely buy the follow-up to GR07. But I hope they keep GR07 in their line-up as long as possible. I'm even inclined to buy a spare copy as they're such incredible value.

I will have a look at VSD2S as that one went under my radar. I also ordered a VSD1S before Christmas but that got lost in transit unfortunately.

Regarding GR07 there's one thing I struggle with: tips... I tried many but the large single flang tips gave the best results (detail without sibilance, perfect bass). The problem is they tend to slowly slip out of my ears. I have to reposition them every 5 minutes in order to keep my seal. Quite annoying. Are there alternatives out there that have the same acoustic qualities but stay in place?

Feb 27, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #7,101 of 7,982
Does anyone know where I can repair my GR07 in Europe?

Left earphone is not working.
Moving the cable does nothing, so I dont know if it is the cable or the driver.
Tried contacting vsonic but got no answer - web page is really bad.

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #7,102 of 7,982
Does anyone know where I can repair my GR07 in Europe?

Left earphone is not working.
Moving the cable does nothing, so I dont know if it is the cable or the driver.
Tried contacting vsonic but got no answer - web page is really bad.

You can check this guy out......

http://www.hybridaudio.ru/

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #7,103 of 7,982
Can anyone comment on the durability of the newer classic models? I'm also considering the shure se215, but that's only because they are more sturdy. I need my iems to survive 1.5 year with average abuse.

Also, did anyone listen to these through the oppo ha 2?

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #7,104 of 7,982
Can anyone comment on the durability of the newer classic models? I'm also considering the shure se215, but that's only because they are more sturdy. I need my iems to survive 1.5 year with average abuse.

Also, did anyone listen to these through the oppo ha 2?

Had the mk ii.Great sq but terrible quality and reliability. Had 2 replaced in under a year. The Shure's on the other hand are great.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #7,107 of 7,982
Hey guys, I was planning to solder a new jack to the cable but it appears to have 4 conductors plus (what I think it is) ground on the outside, any idea in which one is which? 
This is the cable, I dont even know if the copper cable around is just decoration...

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #7,109 of 7,982
Yup, he fixed a dude's DN-1000's wiring (cut with scissors by kid) in the Malaysian threads.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #7,110 of 7,982
  Hey guys, I was planning to solder a new jack to the cable but it appears to have 4 conductors plus (what I think it is) ground on the outside, any idea in which one is which? 
This is the cable, I dont even know if the copper cable around is just decoration...

Open up the connector and you can figure out which one is which. I think the outer once are for shielding. 2 similar once should be ground(balanced connector). Red (if there is) should be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back