VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #7,051 of 7,982

Does your right earpiece output more bass than your left? I currently have a pair(bought it 3 weeks ago) that has 2 very loose nozzles... but it has a great bass.

I am wondering the same, although I have cycled through a lot of tips and I don't exactly remember how mine sounded before the nozzles got loose. Damn! How does one verify this!?

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #7,052 of 7,982

Update: Scratch that! The Comply 100 series DOES COLOR the sound a lot, and as quoted above, putting it on presents some risks. The foam tips supplied with the GR07 also tame the treble peaks but more importantly maintain the overall SQ.

is that so??

colour in a GOOD way??

sometimes adding some colour is nice at times. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #7,053 of 7,982
  is that so??

colour in a GOOD way??

sometimes adding some colour is nice at times. 

After listening to it for longer, I realized that the bass had increased and the treble was much much lower. I personally didn't like it. May be some would like it, but I personally believe that the tonal balance was lost. They definitely lacked in treble after putting on the Comply TS100, and I was pretty treble sensitive to begin with!

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #7,054 of 7,982
I went back to stock tips, it has one of the best basses and balance I've heard on any IEM.

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #7,055 of 7,982
Hmmm.....

My pair of GR07 Classics gave out a couple of months ago, but I'm finding now that I miss them more than I thought. I currently have $400 IEMs that I try not to take out and about with me, which means that I'm limited to my Apple Earpods when outside of the house. The earpods really aren't doing it for me in the sound quality department (although they are quite convenient), so I'm contemplating buying another pair of Classics or even the new 2015 MKII.

The problem is that now Amazon has 2 versions to buy: The GR07 Classic and the GR07 MKII 2015 Packaging Edition. What the heck is the difference other than color? Why is the MKII priced so much more highly?

Classic ($99.00):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KM4RF5M/

MKII 2015 Packaging ($138.99):
http://www.amazon.com/VSonic-GR07-Isolation-Earphones-Packaging/dp/B0172AJL6E/

Does anyone have any insight on which to get? I am hoping to get a pair that lasts longer than 10 months this time; I hear that the MKII has a better reputation for holding up? Can anyone confirm?

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #7,057 of 7,982
  Hmmm.....

My pair of GR07 Classics gave out a couple of months ago, but I'm finding now that I miss them more than I thought. I currently have $400 IEMs that I try not to take out and about with me, which means that I'm limited to my Apple Earpods when outside of the house. The earpods really aren't doing it for me in the sound quality department (although they are quite convenient), so I'm contemplating buying another pair of Classics or even the new 2015 MKII.

The problem is that now Amazon has 2 versions to buy: The GR07 Classic and the GR07 MKII 2015 Packaging Edition. What the heck is the difference other than color? Why is the MKII priced so much more highly?

Classic ($99.00):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KM4RF5M/

MKII 2015 Packaging ($138.99):
http://www.amazon.com/VSonic-GR07-Isolation-Earphones-Packaging/dp/B0172AJL6E/

Does anyone have any insight on which to get? I am hoping to get a pair that lasts longer than 10 months this time; I hear that the MKII has a better reputation for holding up? Can anyone confirm?

I would guess the MK2 2015 edition is the Classic, just priced higher like the MK2 was. I think the Classic is the only one actually sold, so get that for 99 dollars or whatever it is. The black MK2 one will most definitely be either the blue/silver/maroon colored one once you get it.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #7,058 of 7,982
I can't confirm this but MKII probably had a more complete packaging with a large selection of multicoloured eartips. The GR07 Classic I used to own has a very basic accessory set. Leather pouch, earguides, and 3 pairs of black eartips. Honestly you just need the Classic.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #7,060 of 7,982
Is it weird that I find the MkII's more muffled than the GR-07 bass editions? Had a bunch of spare GR-07 parts lying around and I assembled a full GR-07 MKII and had a spare GR-07 bass driver. Did a bunch of A/B testing and found the Bass edition to be more tactile. :/

PS. Also, while I was scrounging around for parts. I noticed that almost all of the broken GR-07 drivers are from the left side! I only had one right side spare housing. O.o 

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #7,061 of 7,982
  Is it weird that I find the MkII's more muffled than the GR-07 bass editions? Had a bunch of spare GR-07 parts lying around and I assembled a full GR-07 MKII and had a spare GR-07 bass driver. Did a bunch of A/B testing and found the Bass edition to be more tactile. :/

PS. Also, while I was scrounging around for parts. I noticed that almost all of the broken GR-07 drivers are from the left side! I only had one right side spare housing. O.o 

I don't. I found the BE brighter and a bit less bass than the Classics. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #7,062 of 7,982
I don't. I found the BE brighter and a bit less bass than the Classics. 

Yup that is exactly what I heard too! That is so weird. Kind of misleading name dontcha think? I do like the bass editions better though. Thought they were clearer and more refined.

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #7,063 of 7,982
I think they have a lot of unit to unit variation. The Classic was one of the smoothest earphone I have ever owned. Smooth as silk. No kidding. Others kept on saying how the classic can tend towards harshness at times, but I never found that to be the case.

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #7,064 of 7,982
I think they have a lot of unit to unit variation. The Classic was one of the smoothest earphone I have ever owned. Smooth as silk. No kidding. Others kept on saying how the classic can tend towards harshness at times, but I never found that to be the case.

No I think it's more ear variation that product. We all have different ears that will have slightly different resonances, plus different personal preferences, plus use different tips and insertion depths.

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #7,065 of 7,982
No I think it's more ear variation that product. We all have different ears that will have slightly different resonances, plus different personal preferences, plus use different tips and insertion depths.

Could be. But the interesting thing is I found MKII and BE sibilant, just like almost everybody else. Classic was surprisingly smooth. I could immediately tell they don't share the same treble peaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back