VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #7,036 of 7,982
Anyone have some spare comply in small for a reasonable price I could sample. I just picked up the gr07 again after a few years layoff.

Comply does not many any tips that will fit any of the GR07 versions. Here:

http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips

You can get the original foam that fits perfectly and is actually softer, smaller cell memory foam, than Comply's stuff.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #7,037 of 7,982
Oct 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #7,038 of 7,982
Ok, GR07BE is just "alright" in isolation so I don't think innerfidelity's charts are correct in it having more isolation than the GR07, but who knows.

Its balance is nice without amping though is missing some details, an amp definitely clears it up the muddiness. Compared to the Havi B3, it has overall lower resolution in mids, worse layering, and obviously worse soundstage. It does however boast more realistic treble and slightly better bass quality with an amp. Overall I don't think it is at all worth 2x the Havi B3 as it is more of a sidegrade. However my dark amp, the Fiio E07k was definitely not a good match, looks like I need to either trade in the BE for a MK2 or save up for a better DAP.

If anyone is on the market for a GR07BE or has a MK2 to trade, give me a ring!

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #7,040 of 7,982
Oct 23, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #7,042 of 7,982
I just got my pair today, and I really desperately want to like it, but for the life of my I can't see how it could be comfortable for me. I have small ears (but I don't feel like they're that small) and somehow the housings actually hurt to be in my ear. No matter how I swivel the tips, the housings just push against the inside of my ear. Don't know whether it's my ear shape or what, and I was wondering whether anyone had advice regarding this. Everyone seems to love the comfort of these guys but for me it just feels super uncomfortable :frowning2: I'm wearing them over-ear and everything.

To date only the RE-400s have felt good for me, but it seems like a lot more people think those are uncomfortable.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #7,043 of 7,982
  I just got my pair today, and I really desperately want to like it, but for the life of my I can't see how it could be comfortable for me. I have small ears (but I don't feel like they're that small) and somehow the housings actually hurt to be in my ear. No matter how I swivel the tips, the housings just push against the inside of my ear. Don't know whether it's my ear shape or what, and I was wondering whether anyone had advice regarding this. Everyone seems to love the comfort of these guys but for me it just feels super uncomfortable :frowning2: I'm wearing them over-ear and everything.

To date only the RE-400s have felt good for me, but it seems like a lot more people think those are uncomfortable.

Have you tried the earhooks to maybe position the IEM better?

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #7,044 of 7,982

Have you tried the earhooks to maybe position the IEM better?

Yeah, I've tried the earhooks as well, but they didn't really help :/ If anything, the earhooks make it more uncomfortable since I wear glasses (glasses have to clamp the extra thickness to my head), and they don't do much for the housings' placement inside my ear. I still like the sound signature and the overall sound, so I might just wreck the inside of my ears to use these.

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #7,045 of 7,982
Hi guys,

My GR07 MKII just gone, the right side volume significantly lower

I am looking for another IEM with similar signature.

I love the clarity of GR07, the drum sounds almost like real and the punchy bass. Although I find it lack of bass and high is not...very high...also it lacks the wow factor

Any recommendation for similar IEM < 200$

Is the Xiaomi Piston 3 any good?

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #7,046 of 7,982

the re400s are super comfortable, i haven't heard anyone said their uncomfortable.... 

their so small

have you tried those gr07 with longer eartips ? try the double flanges or a bit longer...

that way they sit a bit farther out so the housing will be less likely to touch your ears

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #7,047 of 7,982
  Hi guys,

I love the clarity of GR07, the drum sounds almost like real and the punchy bass. Although I find it lack of bass and high is not...very high...also it lacks the wow factor

no where on the same level... the piston 3s are good but a far inferior > the gr07

its slightly bassier then my gr07Be i recall ( i haven't directly compared them in a while though)

the midrange takes a step farther back as well

the treble is lacking that detail and refinement that the gr07 is known for.

also the isolation is quite lacking as well the gr07s isolate better 

however in terms of practicality the piston 3s i would say is a bit easier to use simply because its worn cable down and can easily insert and remove in an instant

wheres as the gr07 with the swivelling nozzle requires a bit of moving around to find your optimal spot and you do have to wrap them over your ear (and they sit deeper as well)

but the 3 button remote on the piston 3s is a huge mishapp.... i'm always guessing what i'm pressing, and i find myself pushing the wrong button all the time, if i don't directly look at it)

its lacking in tactile feedback, so the buttons just feel like its 1 single piece (the gap between the 3 buttons is soo small) 

also the pistons 3 have the advantage of being cheap! so if you tugg on cable when you take of emm or just get them snagged on to something you won't cry as much as you would with the gr07

(i love the gr07be so much that i can't imagine parting with them, if anything i would like to get a pair of mkII to complement them) so i baby them =) no abusive behaviour here! 

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #7,048 of 7,982
  Hi guys,

Save some money and directly go for dunu dn 2000.

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #7,050 of 7,982

I tried the Comply foam TS-100 tips and good lord, what a world of difference!!! The treble peaks are tamed now. Whatever used to sound as undefined peaky treble is now well defined music. I am almost sure that the smaller bore size of the TS-100 is the reason why the treble is controlled. Unfortunately, I had to apply significant pressure to put them on the GR07, because of which both the nozzles have now become very loose :frowning2: I can turn them around with just a flick of my finger! However, I believe the sound quality is not compromised. Next time, I'll remember to expand the tips using a pencil or something before slipping them in!

Update: Scratch that! The Comply 100 series DOES COLOR the sound a lot, and as quoted above, putting it on presents some risks. The foam tips supplied with the GR07 also tame the treble peaks but more importantly maintain the overall SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back