VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #6,991 of 7,982
I agree, got a GR07, FiiO X3 and HTC One S. FiiO X3 sounds just a little better than my phone (PowerAmp + HTC Beats mode ON) with GR07. There is no a huge difference.
However my old Samung galaxy S sounded much worse, its amp has less power than HTC.

Sorry for bad english.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #6,992 of 7,982
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
  I agree, got a GR07, FiiO X3 and HTC One S. FiiO X3 sounds just a little better than my phone (PowerAmp + HTC Beats mode ON) with GR07. There is no a huge difference.
However my old Samung galaxy S sounded much worse, its amp has less power than HTC.

Sorry for bad english.

Ya same impression with my One S, really good sound quality!

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #6,994 of 7,982
How is the isolation on these things, do you think you could use them on a commute? Also, are all the horror stories in build quality true on Amazon reviews? If so, it would probably be wise to only get the Mk2.

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #6,995 of 7,982
I have a GR07 Classic bought from LMUE. The right driver gave out after a month of gentle usage (used only in office, kept them in a case most of the time). Yet it happened. Luckily for the stellar customer service from LMUE I got a replacement unit within a week. The new one has not given any problems so far. So while the QC is somewhat of an issue, just make sure you buy it from somewhere reputable.

What I'm more frustrated with is the lack of a follow-up or new flagship from VSonic. The rumoured GR08/V7007 hybrid failed to materialise, and I guess Dunu took over the top spot from there on when it came to hybrids.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #6,996 of 7,982
Well, it finally happened!

My GR07's officially have died. The right channel is muted and seems to be dying out more as I listen to it.

I treated them very gently with careful use for about a year, but a few weeks ago I noticed that the channels were imbalanced. Now it has reached the point at where I can barely hear anything on the right side.

I'm glad that I have another pair of earphones to fall back on, but I do miss my trusty VSonics. It's a shame really, this is all too common an occurence. I really hope that VSonic comes out with a more premium flagship with metal housings and top quality cables. Instant buy.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #6,997 of 7,982
Wow I really regret buying a used one with a fixed jack. I should have jumped on a re-wired for sale here on head-fi as the QC seems to be piss poor on the cable. Maybe i should sell it before it craps out on me.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,998 of 7,982
  Wow I really regret buying a used one with a fixed jack. I should have jumped on a re-wired for sale here on head-fi as the QC seems to be piss poor on the cable. Maybe i should sell it before it craps out on me.

Well for my case the cables worked fine, but the driver gave out after a month. It's really a mixed bag with these earphones.

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #6,999 of 7,982
Mildly surprised at the failures here. I had a GR07 Mk1, which died after about 2 years of use. Which isn't that long, especially considering I only used them in the office, but then none of the other in-ears or earbuds I've had have lasted much longer. Also one of the sides fell into a cup of coffee once - they worked fine for at least another half year, but I can hardly complain if they failed because of that in the end.

Then I got a GR07 Mk2, which has so far lasted two years and hasn't failed me yet.

I like their sound signature, quite neutral, which isn't always that easy to find, in my experience. Also, the fit is good and the over-ear cable gives next to no microphonics. They could be a bit more detailed and perhaps with some more bass and treble extension, but I suspect I'd have to go upmarket quite a bit to find that.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #7,000 of 7,982
We have a lottery winner here lol.

My GR07 Classic is still going strong after a year, here's to another.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #7,003 of 7,982
  We have a lottery winner here lol.

My GR07 Classic is still going strong after a year, here's to another.

I may have been quite lucky, yes
biggrin.gif
 Twice, even.

They're typically being used 5 days a week, 7-8 hrs per day, so while they're only used in the office, they do get a lot of use.

Hopefully yours will last as long as well
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #7,004 of 7,982
If I sell the used GR07BE I'm getting by mail, what are some sidegrades that are good for rock? The IM70 is supposed to have rolled off treble, though in my head it makes for passable rock as bass is generally not the problem for rock in most consumer headphones, but the coupling of huge bass with sibilant treble you can't turn the volume up to hear the stars of the show: the guitars, sitting in the usually recessed lower treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back