VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #6,871 of 7,982
  Guys, 

I'm really disappointed in these headphones. They sound tin-like, thin and treble -y.  What am I doing wrong? Do I have a fake pair? My only source is Iphone, Itunes and Spotify. Seriously, my iphone earbuds sound better than these. I'm sad. these are the bass edition too and I hear almost no bass. Am I wearing them wrong? Do I need a smaller ear bud? What is the problem? Help. 

I also had some similar issues.It could just be that you adapted to your apple buds' sound signature. Coming from RE-400, I felt that the GR07's mids were a bit lacking and the treble way too bright and grainy. After spending a lot of time, they don't sound so bright now. They are even very detailed. Give the GR07 plenty of time as many of its owners here suggest.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #6,872 of 7,982
  Zap, I find that if I press them in harder into my ear, they sound a lot better. Is this the issue you're talking about? What can I use to EQ from my iphone? Thanks

IEMs require an air tight seal to sound correct. Just like a speaker enclosure the bass response and speaker requires a tight seal. Think of your canal as the enclosure, you want to seal the dynamic driver outside of your canal otherwise what you describe happens. Lacking bass, thin, tinny. Unlike earbuds which sit in outside ear IEMs require a seal to sound correct. Please try testing all the different tips provided until you get a tight seal finding the one that's most comfortable.. 

May 8, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #6,874 of 7,982
  Just curious, are there any other iems out there that let you adjust the angle of the nozzle like the gr07? I really like this feature.

Other Vsonic models like VSD1 series have those and VIVO XE800 too....and retired GR04,06.

one more that came to my mind, Feels Pro 900!

May 10, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #6,875 of 7,982
question was not intended for me but, i've had my vsd3s since its release date (i think i was part of the first preorder for the red and green pair)

btw mines are the detachable versions as well.

still serving me well today, but i always tuck them away in their case after i'm finished using them. (i'm using the hard shell brainwavz red and black case to protect these guys)

and roll them up neatly as well, if that helps

I'm using the Black and Red Brainwavz case for my vsd3s as well, and I've also had them since their release back in June/July 2014. Still no problems besides the sound cutting out if I rotate the cable connected to the earpiece

May 16, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #6,876 of 7,982
I've decided to let my original Vsonic GR07 MK2 go to someone in Australia, this is quite unique now and discontinued, I figure they may as well go to someone who can love them since I'm putting some money together

.Sales in my signature below.

May 16, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #6,877 of 7,982
  I've decided to let my original Vsonic GR07 MK2 go to someone in Australia, this is quite unique now and discontinued, I figure they may as well go to someone who can love them since I'm putting some money together

.Sales in my signature below.

lol I almost bit mate but just ordered the DT990 off massdrop. Plus I also just bought the Hakko 888D soldering station, since my old one just died today. GLWTS

May 16, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #6,878 of 7,982
lol I almost bit mate but just ordered the DT990 off massdrop. Plus I also just bought the Hakko 888D soldering station, since my old one just died today. GLWTS

If you change your mind however, you know where to find me and this historical piece of audio gear. :wink:

May 18, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #6,879 of 7,982
has anyone cleaned their vsd3s with isopropyl? this was suggested to me as my right earpiece sometimes cut off sound. It's hard to make my vsd3s cut sound intentionally but they just randomly happen. any other suggestions? 

May 18, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #6,880 of 7,982
  has anyone cleaned their vsd3s with isopropyl? this was suggested to me as my right earpiece sometimes cut off sound. It's hard to make my vsd3s cut sound intentionally but they just randomly happen. any other suggestions? 

Yes, it helps with connectors if there is dirt inside. Do not spill Isopropyl on the housing, the plastic cracks in hands after contact with isopropyl, if so, let the plastic dry!

May 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #6,881 of 7,982

Yes, it helps if there is dirt inside. Do not spill Isopropyl on the housing, the plastick cracks in hands after contact with isopropyl, if so, let the plastic dry!

You meant thru the (nano) vents? if so, how to drop the IPA w/o spilling around the vents outside (using syringe?)? Am I missing something here?...
edit=> or thru the nozzle grill?...or the connector sides if detachable?.....

May 18, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #6,882 of 7,982

You meant thru the (nano) vents? if so, how to drop the IPA w/o spilling around the vents outside (using syringe?)? Am I missing something here?...
edit=> or thru the nozzle grill?...

You misunderstand me. I mean cleaning the sockets with IPA. I do not understand why there is need to clean IEM itself with cleaners like IPA? It's unreasonable.
As for VSD, I was trying to open VSD5 helping myself with IPA hoping to dissolve the glue. Firstly there were cracks on the housing while opening. Than lower housing part of my VSD5 with driver cracked in two parts in my hand after contact with IPA. Tried same thing with shell of brocken VSD3/S, the same result, after ablution with IPA housing get charged and brittle.
I think it is enough to clean IEM with rag.
The interesting fact is that GR07 (BE) housing plastic is immune to IPA and does not crack, were cleaning insides after extraction of drivers of my broken 07BE, fantastic shine of the shell, like new. Unfortunately, as I can say, VSD-series plastic is sensitive to IPA. Also I am saying about cleaner based on IPA, not pure isopropyl, so maybe I am wrong, cleaner: 10% rubber solvent petrol 90% Isopropyl.

Here goes photo of GR07BE shell.

And VSD5 driver with GR07BE driver

Brainwavz Alpha (note same dia), GR07BE, Brainwavz M5 (10mm)

May 19, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #6,883 of 7,982
  You misunderstand me. I mean cleaning the sockets with IPA. I do not understand why there is need to clean IEM itself with cleaners like IPA? It's unreasonable.
As for VSD, I was trying to open VSD5 helping myself with IPA hoping to dissolve the glue. Firstly there were cracks on the housing while opening. Than lower housing part of my VSD5 with driver cracked in two parts in my hand after contact with IPA. Tried same thing with shell of brocken VSD3/S, the same result, after ablution with IPA housing get charged and brittle.
I think it is enough to clean IEM with rag.
The interesting fact is that GR07 (BE) housing plastic is immune to IPA and does not crack, were cleaning insides after extraction of drivers of my broken 07BE, fantastic shine of the shell, like new. Unfortunately, as I can say, VSD-series plastic is sensitive to IPA. Also I am saying about cleaner based on IPA, not pure isopropyl, so maybe I am wrong, cleaner: 10% rubber solvent petrol 90% Isopropyl.

Here goes photo of GR07BE shell.

And VSD5 driver with GR07BE driver

Brainwavz Alpha (note same dia), GR07BE, Brainwavz M5 (10mm)

Yeah you are right....I might've phrased little more to the point.

I actually thought that was a VSD3S non-detachable and only way of cleaning them is by using vents for the IP to work but then later had a pinch of doubt that it cld be detachable version, so I added the valid question in the end, about cleaning the connectors/sockets,the usual formula for the detachable versions.....

Glad my noob question triggered you to post some valuable hints on how to handle IP over Vsonic models.....

so any suggestions on the non-detachable versions?....about sound cutting.
tongue.gif

May 19, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #6,884 of 7,982
  Yeah you are right....I might've phrased little more to the point.

I actually thought that was a VSD3S non-detachable and only way of cleaning them is by using vents for the IP to work but then later had a pinch of doubt that it cld be detachable version, so I added the valid question in the end, about cleaning the connectors/sockets,the usual formula for the detachable versions.....

Glad my noob question triggered you to post some valuable hints on how to handle IP over Vsonic models.....

so any suggestions on the non-detachable versions?....about sound cutting.
tongue.gif

Oh, basically check the cable for a wear, if so resolder cable/connector. Short-cirquit is rare. As far as I know no other service can be done without spare drivers. If it is not the connection than it is possibly the faulty driver - warranty issue.

May 19, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #6,885 of 7,982
  Oh, basically check the cable for a wear, if so resolder cable/connector. Short-cirquit is rare. As far as I know no other service can be done without spare drivers. If it is not the connection than it is possibly the faulty driver - warranty issue.

Yep, I just wanted a word from you...since you are good @ post-mortem
wink.gif
(especially Vsonic)....TY Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back