VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #6,185 of 7,982
Gents: could somebody post some impressions of GR07 BE/Classic to any of the following under $70 dynamic IEMs? interms of just SQ......like bass,mid,hi's,sibilance,soundstage,instrument seperation etc.
VSD LE,Brainwavz M5 / S1 / 2013 Beta and $129 Klipsch S5i

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #6,186 of 7,982
Oh. Sweet. Crazy good deal...

Yes, now that 1st gen GR07 is replaced by classic and BE is back on sale(preorder) due to huge customer demand. And GR07 will no longer be in production. And I believe classic has the same silver braided cable as MK II (2nd gen GR07).

Here's a hi-level info.....

1) 1st GEN GR07 » B-C diaphragm » tons of eartips » retired (replaced by classic)
2) 2nd GEN GR07 MK II » B-C diaphragm » tons of eartips,improved silver braided cable,sibilance issue fixed » retired
3) 3rd GEN GR07 BE » B-C diaphragm » tons of eartips » back to ltd prod due to customer demand.(as on march end)
4) 4th GEN GR07 CLASSIC » B-C diaphragm » basic 3 pair eartips and no pouch,no hybrid tips » 3 color variants of maroon,ice blue and silver.

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #6,189 of 7,982
yeah...this info could help others as well,about different versions/gens of GR07!

beerchug.gif

Hi, Shawn, and everyone here in HeadFi. Should I get the GR07 MKII ($180) or the 4TH GEN GR07 Classic ($100)? I'm leaning towards the MKII but I'm wondering if the extra $80 for a discontinued product and a minor bump in forward treble is worth it, and I have no idea if VSONIC even streamlined their production process, possibly contributing to indiscernible audio quality between the two which may have contributed to the new lower price. I'm also a bit hesitant buying which GR07 because the shipping times for these are around one month and I don't want to waste much time bouncing return discussions back-and-forth between the seller.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #6,190 of 7,982
Hi, Shawn, and everyone here in HeadFi. Should I get the GR07 MKII ($180) or the 4TH GEN GR07 Classic ($100)? I'm leaning towards the MKII but I'm wondering if the extra $80 for a discontinued product and a minor bump in forward treble is worth it, and I have no idea if VSONIC even streamlined their production process, possibly contributing to indiscernible audio quality between the two which may have contributed to the new lower price. I'm also a bit hesitant buying which GR07 because the shipping times for these are around one month and I don't want to waste much time bouncing return discussions back-and-forth between the seller.

Only 2 variants are available now BE and Classic. The latter is of equivalent sound sig of 1st gen GR07 and MK II is retired. The price difference between classic and BE is approx $20.lendmeurears.com have em both on sale with free shipping. Enquire LMUE about rough timeline of transit from singapore to your country,they wil be able to help you.

You have another source to by classic, mp4nation.com.they offer free fedex to select countries.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #6,193 of 7,982
I cut some electrical tape and tape up the ends. Has never fallen out after that. Looks bad but who cares. I tape the right side red and left side black also so makes it easier to find

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #6,194 of 7,982
Hey guys, I'm starting to hear some microphonics from these IEM's. What can I do to reduce the noice when moving about?

are you using the earguides? if so you shouldnt be hearing anything tbh

which gr07 do you have? be mk2 mk1? i heard the mk1's earguides are not as good they flopp around really easily compare to the redesigned ones in the mk2 and be edition 

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #6,195 of 7,982
UHG_InsertingIEM_Wearing.jpg

alternatively, you can wear it like the third picture with the cable cinch to make a snug fit. I personally prefer the third way of wearing since the cables disappear behind me and I'm free to do my things. My ears are of a weird shape that doesn't conform to the ear guides so those become more of a bane than a boon for me.

Edit: I forget to credit this picture. I took it from here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back