VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #6,001 of 7,982
Purchased the GR07 Classic Color Edition for $125 incl. shipping from Ebay as an upgrade from my trusty old Hifiman RE0, that I still enjoy very much. Have been using that baby since 2009. :) 

Now the waiting game is on. Will be pairing it with my Headstage Arrow/Clip Zip. Still looking for a new DAP after selling my Sony X1050. Temporarily back to the Rockboxed Zip now. 

I also just bought a pair from eBay (bigbargainonline). Seller seems legit with 100% feedback.

I bought these without researching as to whether they are the same (same bio-cellulose driver etc) as the normal black GR07 mk2. Can anyone confirm if they are?

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #6,003 of 7,982
A lot of ppl say they neeed a lot of burn in , i personally got the be edition used ( dunno how much they have been burned in) but the treble is more harsh in a sense compare to thr re400 or peaky is a better word

I own the RE0, not the RE400. The RE0 has a lot of treble energy, so I think I can live with the GR07. Plus, in my opinion burn-in is a very stubborn myth that has been roaming around Head-Fi for years now. :wink: The burn-in is mental, not physical. 

It's important that we share our OWN experiences, not base our knowledge on the experiences of others. Everyone hears differently. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #6,004 of 7,982

Purchased the GR07 Classic Color Edition for $125 incl. shipping from Ebay as an upgrade from my trusty old Hifiman RE0, that I still enjoy very much. Have been using that baby since 2009.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now the waiting game is on. Will be pairing it with my Headstage Arrow/Clip Zip. Still looking for a new DAP after selling my Sony X1050. Temporarily back to the Rockboxed Zip now. 

I also just bought a pair from eBay (bigbargainonline). Seller seems legit with 100% feedback.

I bought these without researching as to whether they are the same (same bio-cellulose driver etc) as the normal black GR07 mk2. Can anyone confirm if they are?

Same driver. Vsonic is discontinuing their other GR07 models as of 2014. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #6,006 of 7,982
A lot of ppl say they neeed a lot of burn in , i personally got the be edition used ( dunno how much they have been burned in) but the treble is more harsh in a sense compare to thr re400 or peaky is a better word

Well his question was like why so intolerable, specific to re0? We all know,rule of thumb all the dynamics needs min 100hrs of burnin to settle in all 3 departments especially gr07s buys more time to settle(typically 300hrs).......
So even after burnin gr07's highs would still be intolerable ??? Was it a wrong choice of investment/upgrade over re0?

May be these kind of questions arised when he read that comment......

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #6,007 of 7,982

Purchased the GR07 Classic Color Edition for $125 incl. shipping from Ebay as an upgrade from my trusty old Hifiman RE0, that I still enjoy very much. Have been using that baby since 2009.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was looking at these as well, if they are legit then that's a pretty good price. I might pick up a pair if you guys find them to be legit.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6,008 of 7,982
  I was looking at these as well, if they are legit then that's a pretty good price. I might pick up a pair if you guys find them to be legit.

Quite a few people here on Head-Fi have already purchased them there and have vouched for the seller's integrity. Don't forget that Vsonic themselves announced that the new MSRP of the GR07 is going to be $99 this year. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #6,009 of 7,982

Quite a few people here on Head-Fi have already purchased them there and have vouched for the seller's integrity. Don't forget that Vsonic themselves announced that the new MSRP of the GR07 is going to be $99 this year. 

oh really? I did not know that, well then it seems it may be better to hold out a little longer and get them when they are down to $99

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #6,011 of 7,982
Well his question was like why so intolerable, specific to re0? We all know,rule of thumb all the dynamics needs min 100hrs of burnin to settle in all 3 departments especially gr07s buys more time to settle(typically 300hrs).......
So even after burnin gr07's highs would still be intolerable ??? Was it a wrong choice of investment/upgrade over re0?

May be these kind of questions arised when he read that comment......

This would be my question. I have the re0s, would these be a worthwhile upgrade to my re0s? I ado want a bit of a different sound signature (no point in getting something that sounds the same), without sacrificing the clarity that the re0s provide.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #6,012 of 7,982
  This would be my question. I have the re0s, would these be a worthwhile upgrade to my re0s? I ado want a bit of a different sound signature (no point in getting something that sounds the same), without sacrificing the clarity that the re0s provide.

I'll let you know as soon as my new GR07 arrives. :) I still love my RE0 dearly, but I felt like the GR07 would be an upgrade after reading a lot of reviews and getting some impressions from people I know that own them. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #6,013 of 7,982

I'll let you know as soon as my new GR07 arrives. :) I still love my RE0 dearly, but I felt like the GR07 would be an upgrade after reading a lot of reviews and getting some impressions from people I know that own them. 

Its not an upgrade. Just a different sound signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back