VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #2,071 of 7,982
Quote:
If I can find that small round case I would send you that and the guides for the price of shipping.  That is if I can find them....I really would like to find it so I can get my re0 and jays tips out of it.

Poimandres is a very helpful and trusty person, I have a tip collection sent by him, thank you very much Poimandres, Best!

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #2,072 of 7,982
Quote:
People what are the best tips for the GR07?
Is there some sord of consensus in this matter?

Only one of all the tips supplied with the earphones fit and seal my ears comfortably... sord of...

And please answer me this question:

From 1 to 10, how would you rate: (10 being your reference for IEM sound quality so the more IEMs you've heard the better)

- The GR07 sound quality out of the box
- The sound quality at this moment (give hours, if possible)

ljokerl assessment of the sound out of the box is quite representative of mine:
"the earphones fail to impress when it comes to resolution or smoothness (...) I am generally quite sensitive to sibilance and listening to some of my tracks with the GR07 was downright unpleasant"

I need some reassurance because the sound out of the box is far from amusing me!

Thanks!

I have written this may be 2 or 3 times under this thread, I was going to sell them around 150 hours because they did not sound good enough for me.

But around 250 hours things have changed in a very impressive way and now (about 500-600 hours) I am really enjoying them so much and couldn't take them out of my ears. Most people reported that they need at least 200 hours of burn-in time (driver and brain). Just continue to burn-in and inform us after the 200-250 hours mark.

I have tried many tips. All I can say that the stock tips, Jays silicone and SonyMees are the best choices for me. They need good and tightly fitting tips so I use one size larger tips than I usually use for the iems. Also some eq'ing may help to reach the right sound for you...

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #2,073 of 7,982
At the 259 hours mark they just sound so much nicer, the treble seems much smoother for me, and bass seems to have some more extension and weight.

As for tips, they are quite a personal thing, i quite like Comply foams and the Monster Supertip foams.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #2,074 of 7,982

Quote:
anyone have try Vsonic GR07 with Fiio E10? 

They sound OK together, but the E10 is almost too powerful for the GR07.  You can only turn the volume to 1 or 1.5 before they get too loud.  I don't know why you would look for a desktop amp for IEMs though.  The E10 has no batteries only works via USB, so you can't use it with a portable player like an iPod.  I would look at the portable amps in that price range: E7, nuForce Icon Mobile, iBasso D-Zero, etc.  And from personal experience, the E6 works perfectly fine with the GR07.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2,077 of 7,982
Quote:

Only one of all the tips supplied with the earphones fit and seal my ears comfortably... sord of...

From 1 to 10, how would you rate: (10 being your reference for IEM sound quality so the more IEMs you've heard the better)

"the earphones fail to impress when it comes to resolution or smoothness (...) I am generally quite sensitive to sibilance and listening to some of my tracks with the GR07 was downright unpleasant"

I need some reassurance because the sound out of the box is far from amusing me!

Thanks!

They actually didnt sound that bad straight out of the box from what I recall however I burned them in straight for around a week and a half.  You definitely need to make sure that you are getting a good seal with them.  If I recall correctly the jays silicone tips worked the best for me followed by the re0 tips.  How did they end up working for you baycode?

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #2,078 of 7,982
Anyone else notices that managing to have a good seal with the double flanges is hard? Push the one of the two ear tips a bit less or a bit more makes the seal uneven or non existant from both or one side. The tips stay secure but its strange that dont seal properly.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #2,079 of 7,982

Quote:

Thanks!

• A lot of people in the thread seem to have come back to the stock "large" tips that came with the GR07. For me as well, this is the only one that seals very well with my ears, but if you're having some trouble you might want to ask around more or look back in the thread.
  • To be honest, I wasn't too terribly impressed out of the box, and though they were an improvement over my previous IEMs, I would probably have given them a 7.5/10 with my reference being the A151s at around 5/10. However, I also just carried them around burning continuously for about a week, and after 150+ hours now, they're probably a 9/10. The difference was most noticeable when I switched back to my old IEMs for a bit, and then came back to these, and they sounded noticeably more natural and spacious.

Don't give up on them yet! I recommend you play music through them more or less continuously for a week or so and then come back.
  •  

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #2,080 of 7,982
The GR07 sounds great with the E10, but I think it sounds a little bit better (slightly bigger soundstage) with the E10/E9 combo.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #2,081 of 7,982

Quote:
It works, but don't waste your money. I got the e6 but I noticed no improvement over my stock iP4

I use the E6 a bit like a preset EQ - the red light setting sounds particularly good with the GR07 I think.  Fills out the bass a tad and smooths the mids and highs.  I don't know that it's an increase in quality per se, but I think it sounds better.  Then again, I could probably duplicate most of that by fiddling with my EQ for a while.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #2,082 of 7,982
Anyone else notices that managing to have a good seal with the double flanges is hard? Push the one of the two ear tips a bit less or a bit more makes the seal uneven or non existant from both or one side. The tips stay secure but its strange that dont seal properly.

Funny that this is mentioned. I was just sitting in the bus with my GR07 yesterday thinking that the double flanges are the best tips for the GR07! No problem getting seal or fit with them... but then, ears can be vastly different.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #2,084 of 7,982
Quote:
The supplied double flanges are the best I've heard on the GR07's - the stock medium Tips are also very good - I've tried like 20 different tips but always come back to the doubles.

I'm so fond of those double flanges, apart from the GR07, I've used them quite often with my FXT90, e-Q5, ClarityOne, EX600, FX700, and now HJE900, FAD A1 & SB, and GR10. Though for greater isolation, I turn to my meelec biflanges, which I've also used with each one of the aforementioned in-ears, and they're currently my exclusive choice for the HJE900. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #2,085 of 7,982
In general, my ears just don't seem to seal very well with multi-flange tips, but I found that with the GR07s, the double flange tips gave it a really nice soundstage, but at the cost of a lot of isolation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back