VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,833 of 7,982

X2 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I have to say, Thanks to Eric and ShotgunShane and others for Commenting on the need for burn in. I always beleived in burn in on everything from Cables to baseball bats, but this transition has been truly an experience. I'm up to over 100 hours of "natural" burn in, and I wouldn;t say the change is "drastic" but the listening experience has been close to drastic. These were always clear to me, but they are cleared, with a little more space, the bass is more defined, and the highs are less hot. Shotgunshane hit it right on the head with these. These are absolute Killer for heavy rock/rock stuff. "Sleaze Rock"
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #1,834 of 7,982
STOP!!

STOP THIS MADNESS!!!

GR07 is THE BEST!!  END!!

NO MOAR!!!

KTHNXBAI!!!

I've listened to the Westone 4s today..  and admittedly.. they're ahead of the GR07s. Not worth twice the price..  but almost..  almost...  maybe x1.7 :p

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #1,838 of 7,982
after about 125 hours, its gets bassier.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that.  I've had mine for 9 months or so.. they were quite bassy and warm out of the box. Gradually, they turned more natural & neutral sounding.  I noticed the biggest changes around 50 hours and 150 hours, roughly speaking.  It went through periods where they sounded very warm or bassy.  Over an extended amount of time though, every part of the phone tightens up and gets refined.  I would in no way call the current state of my GR07 bassy or even warm.. natural, balancing crispness & smoothness is what comes to mind.. with a thin, buttery spread of warmth that articulates the whole sound.

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #1,839 of 7,982

Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that.  I've had mine for 9 months or so.. they were quite bassy and warm and gradually.. then turned more natural & neutral sounding.  I noticed the biggest changes around 50 hours and 150 hours, roughly speaking.  It went through periods where they sounded very warm or bassy.  Over an extended amount of time though, every part of the phone tightens up and gets refined.  I would in no way call the current state of my GR07 bassy or even warm.. natural, balancing crispness & smoothness is what comes to mind.. with a thin, buttery spread of warmth that articulates the whole sound.

Oh, ok, mines about 180 hours now. And they definitely got bassier. Or is it just me.....

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #1,840 of 7,982
I would have to agree that mine have more bass, or more pronounced bass, more impact with drums, starting around 200 hours, give or take 20 hrs.  I remember doing some burn in for two nights in a row, at about 150 hrs or so.  Prior to that I had just been randomly listeing.  I did burn in at a higher volume than what I would normally listen.  Now at about 250 hours plus, the bass remains the same, and at this time, don't know exactly when, but the highs are much better.  Out of the box imparticular I was worried about edgy, hissy, tissy treble.  Now they sound smooth and delightful at the high end...  Just my opinion listening on my highly resolving main gears......  I have only had my GR07 for about a month, so perhaps they came from a different production run!

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #1,841 of 7,982
got my gr07's, they're pretty great except i have one rather large issue that i'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with. my right ear doesn't seem to be sealing like my left ear, i've tried the large tips that come with the gr07's and medium (green) sony hybrids. both of them i have the same problem, in that worse quality sound is coming out of the right ear, most likely as a result of it feeling looser in that ear than my left. is it possible my right ear canal is somehow bigger than my left, or is it something else? any help would be appreciated.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #1,843 of 7,982

Quote:
got my gr07's, they're pretty great except i have one rather large issue that i'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with. my right ear doesn't seem to be sealing like my left ear, i've tried the large tips that come with the gr07's and medium (green) sony hybrids. both of them i have the same problem, in that worse quality sound is coming out of the right ear, most likely as a result of it feeling looser in that ear than my left. is it possible my right ear canal is somehow bigger than my left, or is it something else? any help would be appreciated.

I had this exact issue.  My right ear canal is a little bigger or at least straighter, making it tougher for some IEMs to fit right at times.  The large that come with the gr07's are a medium on most other phones.  I'd recommend picking up Audeo PFE large tips or Jays Silicone large tips.  The Jays are the biggest but the PFE's are very soft and offer the best comfort.  I get a good seal with both.  Good luck.

Edit:  Also once you insert the right side all the way, then very lightly pull it back out just a bit. Sometimes that helps nail the perfect spot for the isolation/fit you need.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #1,844 of 7,982

Quote:
I had this exact issue.  My right ear canal is a little bigger or at least straighter, making it tougher for some IEMs to fit right at times.  The large that come with the gr07's are a medium on most other phones.  I'd recommend picking up Audeo PFE large tips or Jays Silicone large tips.  The Jays are the biggest but the PFE's are very soft and offer the best comfort.  I get a good seal with both.  Good luck.

Edit:  Also once you insert the right side all the way, then very lightly pull it back out just a bit. Sometimes that helps nail the perfect spot for the isolation/fit you need.

i'm using the medium sony hybrids and they seem better. what i just tried was to listen to a song with a prominent bass line in just the left ear to see what it sounds like, then i took it, stuck in the right ear and played around with it until it sounded the same and the bass came through. i'll probably order the large jays sometime soon, but i guess i can do this for now. i was kinda disappointed with the bass at first, but now it's coming through more prominently.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #1,845 of 7,982

Quote:
i'm using the medium sony hybrids and they seem better. what i just tried was to listen to a song with a prominent bass line in just the left ear to see what it sounds like, then i took it, stuck in the right ear and played around with it until it sounded the same and the bass came through. i'll probably order the large jays sometime soon, but i guess i can do this for now. i was kinda disappointed with the bass at first, but now it's coming through more prominently.

Bass is anything but disappointing on the gr07.  Really, really good sub bass grunt and texture.  Keep working with it, you'll figure out the best fit and they do get better with brain and driver break in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back