VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jul 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #1,186 of 2,697
Quote:
Hi,

I currently use a Fiio E6 with a pair of Vsonic GR06 IEMs, and a Samsung Android smartphone as a source, with great results.

I will soon upgrade to Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition, and I don't know whether I should also buy the Fiio E12 or stick to my E6 amp.

What do you guys recommend?

I've actually used the BE right out of my Galaxy SIII and it sounds pretty excellent.  I had a Fiio E10 when I first got them but found it unnecessary personally, as they are pretty easy to drive.  Let us know how it sounds with and without the amp when you get them 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #1,187 of 2,697
Unfortunately, my Android is a Samsung Galaxy Ace model, and without proper amplification, it sounds totally flat and bland - this is why I bought the amp. I'm sure both GR06 and GR07 BE sund just great with the S III :)

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,188 of 2,697
Personally, I'd go for the higher end amplifier since you'll get a better quality output for your Bass Editions. But the E6 isn't bad either.

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #1,190 of 2,697

【新品曝光】【四色细节图】VSD1系列新版细节图:骚红√ 天蓝√ 荧光绿√ 黑色√。与VSD3系列及D5不同的是,VSD1新版的外壳采用光滑面,而VSD3系列及D5则采用打磨过的菱形不规则平面(外形风格更鲜明,打磨设计可提高佩戴舒适感)。VSD1新版价格暂未定,上市时间为2014.06.01。@郁夏峰

Google translate please))))

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,191 of 2,697
Yeah, I guess Amazon spoiled me too much for the past 2 years with next day delivery since that was the only site I order from online lol. 

Mine was shipped next day, but sometimes when is busy he delay the orders and don't answer emails.

Checked my order status and it arrived at my local post office this morning. Which is literally around the corner. At best I'll have it this evening when I get back from a bday party or at worse Monday if they don't send it out today. 3-5 days delivery is not bad in my books!
Can't wait to try these out!
Oh, and those new Vsonics are looking great! Hope they sound great too!

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #1,192 of 2,697
Quote:
Checked my order status and it arrived at my local post office this morning. Which is literally around the corner. At best I'll have it this evening when I get back from a bday party or at worse Monday if they don't send it out today. 3-5 days delivery is not bad in my books!
Can't wait to try these out!
Oh, and those new Vsonics are looking great! Hope they sound great too!

I'm assuming there's a "shipped" right after processing right? oh man 1st world problems lol

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,194 of 2,697
^ They are sitting on your front porch...

Jul 28, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,196 of 2,697
Ok- so out of the box impressions are extremely positive. I settled for the blue tips without the foam. Playing Bob Marley Pandora station (with Pandora One) on my iPhone 4S and vocals are in line with the treble instruments in terms of volume and the bass is present but not overwhelming. Playing Today's Hits Radio makes listening to pop/hip hop songs engaging. The Script Radio and Gun's N Roses Radio were enjoyable. I agree with statement that the GR07 BE is a great choice for all sorts of music genre. I think I made the right choice in the Bass Edition because I find the bass amount perfect for my taste. And I may be annoyed if the treble were any more.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a novice at describing what I hear into words. I have pretty good hearing, but audio vocabulary is weak. In support of throwing out terms, I will explain what I hear so that if I do use the wrong term, you know what I am talking about. Thanks.

Compared to my burned in VSD1, I can sense the VSD1 to be warmer/fuller in the mid bass region. The GR07 is airier- I can sense some space between me and the music. The GR07 is quicker, smoother, brighter. VSD1 isn't bad for its price, but the GR07 is more refined (just as it should be for its asking price).

The GR07 has perfect musical energy, where my XBA-4iP is too much in the upper and lower frequency and my PFE 132 (grey filter) is too vanilla (little rumble and crispness). The only thing they have on the GR07 is their mic and call/music controls.

I can sense the upper frequencies are ever so slightly rough- I think this is due to the driver being brand new.

I would be a happy camper if the only change of burn in is the smoothing out of the treble- even with the current amount of bass.

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #1,197 of 2,697
Quote:
Ok- so out of the box impressions are extremely positive. I settled for the blue tips without the foam. Playing Bob Marley Pandora station (with Pandora One) on my iPhone 4S and vocals are in line with the treble instruments in terms of volume and the bass is present but not overwhelming. Playing Today's Hits Radio makes listening to pop/hip hop songs engaging. The Script Radio and Gun's N Roses Radio were enjoyable. I agree with statement that the GR07 BE is a great choice for all sorts of music genre. I think I made the right choice in the Bass Edition because I find the bass amount perfect for my taste. And I may be annoyed if the treble were any more.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a novice at describing what I hear into words. I have pretty good hearing, but audio vocabulary is weak. In support of throwing out terms, I will explain what I hear so that if I do use the wrong term, you know what I am talking about. Thanks.

Compared to my burned in VSD1, I can sense the VSD1 to be warmer/fuller in the mid bass region. The GR07 is airier- I can sense some space between me and the music. The GR07 is quicker, smoother, brighter. VSD1 isn't bad for its price, but the GR07 is more refined (just as it should be for its asking price).

The GR07 has perfect musical energy, where my XBA-4iP is too much in the upper and lower frequency and my PFE 132 (grey filter) is too vanilla (little rumble and crispness). The only thing they have on the GR07 is their mic and call/music controls.

I can sense the upper frequencies are ever so slightly rough- I think this is due to the driver being brand new.

I would be a happy camper if the only change of burn in is the smoothing out of the treble- even with the current amount of bass.

Glad you're enjoying them!  As far as 'burn-in/break-in' and your ear adjusting to the signature go, this is exactly what will happen.  You'll have to come back with your impressions after you've got at around 75-100 hours on them.

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #1,199 of 2,697
Quote:
oh man.. im hoping i didnt regret getting these instead of hte mk2 the wait is killing me

Well, what type of music do you primarily listen to?  I can honestly say that both are very similar, surprisingly similar in fact.  The BE has a slight bump in the bass region (as expected) so it sounds more fun, and is well suited for rock/electronic/etc. The MKII is more neutral overall, and the mids are slightly more present, making it more suitable for vocals/acoustic/etc.  Other than that, both are excellent all arounders and work well with every genre.  Make sure you give them the recommended 75+ hours of burn in/break in, but I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #1,200 of 2,697
My first post!

I picked up the GR07 BE last week.  Enjoying it quite a bit.  I already own the GR06 and these are a nice step up.  There's a lot more texture and clarity.  Everything is separated quite nicely and the soundstage is a bit better.  The bass is emphasized, but it never takes away from the mids or the treble.  The sibilance is the one real weakness here, but otherwise it's sublime.  Oh, and the cable is hideous.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back