VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jul 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,201 of 2,697
Quote:
Well, what type of music do you primarily listen to?  I can honestly say that both are very similar, surprisingly similar in fact.  The BE has a slight bump in the bass region (as expected) so it sounds more fun, and is well suited for rock/electronic/etc. The MKII is more neutral overall, and the mids are slightly more present, making it more suitable for vocals/acoustic/etc.  Other than that, both are excellent all arounders and work well with every genre.  Make sure you give them the recommended 75+ hours of burn in/break in, but I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Hmm i listen to some stuff like p!nk, fun, paramore (favorite of the recent), linkin park, panic at the disco, marianas trench, michael buble, macklemore, the occasional three days grace or bruno mars etc..

so im not too sure to categorize what i like to listen to.

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #1,202 of 2,697
Quote:
My first post!

I picked up the GR07 BE last week.  Enjoying it quite a bit.  I already own the GR06 and these are a nice step up.  There's a lot more texture and clarity.  Everything is separated quite nicely and the soundstage is a bit better.  The bass is emphasized, but it never takes away from the mids or the treble.  The sibilance is the one real weakness here, but otherwise it's sublime.  Oh, and the cable is hideous.  

Burn them in for a good 200hrs and there will be zero sibilance. The cable is not THAT bad but yeah...... haha

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #1,203 of 2,697
Quote:
Hmm i listen to some stuff like p!nk, fun, paramore (favorite of the recent), linkin park, panic at the disco, marianas trench, michael buble, macklemore, the occasional three days grace or bruno mars etc..

so im not too sure to categorize what i like to listen to.

I think you made the right choice picking the BE over the MKII, based on my recent demo of the MKII.

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #1,204 of 2,697
Quote:
Burn them in for a good 200hrs and there will be zero sibilance. The cable is not THAT bad but yeah...... haha

That's what I've read.  I've got a 40 hour burn so far, I've heard a small amount of change so far.  Will reserve final judgement on the sibilance for a couple weeks.  

I like the look of the VSD line, hope they measure up to the hype.  Any word on what kind of tech is going into them?  I'm pretty sold on the bio-cellulose diaphragm at this point.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,208 of 2,697
Quote:
haha its a shame because i bought the mk2 XD -facepalm ohwell heres to hoping it works out well anyways! (I'm realy hoping they are similar enough)

Ah sorry I read that wrong.  Still as it stands, I feel like I could be just as happy with either.  Both dig equally as deep in terms of extension in the bass department, I just find that I like there is a slight bit more impact with the BE, and they are slightly warmer as a result which is my personal preference.  It's not a stark difference between the two IMO.  Since these are technically stage monitors, I can see how the MKII would be good for vocalists and guitarists, while the BE would be more suitable for bass guitar and drums for example.  No reason to fret though, still give the MKII a go - while you listen to bit of pop and rock, a good bit of it seems to be vocal oriented so actually you may have made a better choice after all. 
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #1,209 of 2,697
Just received mines, and I'm sad to confirm that, out of the box, they suck. Hahahah
Everything is muddied out and rock songs sounds like an interference is messing up in a FM Radio lol.

I'll let them burn non-stopping for some days and will post my next feedback here

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #1,210 of 2,697
Quote:
Just received mines, and I'm sad to confirm that, out of the box, they suck. Hahahah
Everything is muddied out and rock songs sounds like an interference is messing up in a FM Radio lol.

I'll let them burn non-stopping for some days and will post my next feedback here

Glad you're diggin' em.
ksc75smile.gif

BURN BABY BURN!!!

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,211 of 2,697
No idea how long i've burnt them in (probably 100-150+ hours) but these headphones just keep getting better to listen to. 

The only other headphones i've tried that compare to the GR07's are the UE900's. The UE900's edge forward on depth but the clarity is a fair bit worse then on the GR07's. Not forgetting the fact the UE900's cost 3 times as much. 

The only thing i can't get over is the candy looking wire which never wants to stay on your ear.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #1,213 of 2,697
How are they possibly sibilant compared the original 07s? Those were the most sibilant phones ever. And the bass is muddy? Are you guys even wearing them properly (over the ear with the guides)? lol. They're basically the MKIIs + a little bit of bass impact and a little "darker."

Or... the MKIIs are these without bass impact (unless the track is mixed with lots and lots of bass) + brighter + slightly more forward mids.

They're both good phones, but the vanilla gr07s are sometimes awkward with hip hop, because listening to hip hop w/o bass is like listening to rock while barely every hearing the guitar.

EDIT: Try the blue tips, people. If it's still not to your liking, then you just might not like bass
etysmile.gif
(even though these don't even have a lot at all).

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,214 of 2,697
Quote:

If those are really your impressions, 20 years of "burn in" won't change them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back