VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Apr 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #916 of 2,697
Quote:
Any tips on adjusting the nozzles? Having a little trouble getting the right fit with these swivelling nozzles. And any recommendation for tips? Are the stock hybrid tips good enough or should I get some Sony hybrids?

Thanks =)

Here hope this helps:

"For me the best and easiest way to wear these GR07 BEs is one ear at a time: 1st pull that nozzle all the way down. 2nd Insert the nozzle tip into your ear without moving it. 3rd Hook the cable behind you ear and after the cabled is snugly hooked slowly press the housing downward into your ears so the nozzle will become naturally align with your ear making the housing sit flush and stable. This ensures that the housing fits comfortably on the ears and also provides a good seal as well. When one side is done repeat the same steps for the other side. Proper fit makes a huge difference in sound quality for all iems so experiment with the best tips and best ways to insert the tips in order to get the best seal and sound."

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #917 of 2,697
Quote:
Any tips on adjusting the nozzles? Having a little trouble getting the right fit with these swivelling nozzles. And any recommendation for tips? Are the stock hybrid tips good enough or should I get some Sony hybrids?

Thanks =)

If you find the stock hybrids to be uncomfortable, it's definitely worth it to check out the genuine hybrids.  They are a bit softer overall, and they are primarily what I use now...definitely the best comfort of any silicone tip, and best sounding next to the preinstalled tips (IMO, of course).  They can usually be had from Amazon for about $7.50 
cool.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #918 of 2,697
So I've had my gr07 be's for a while now and love them dearly.  I feel the need to step it up now and need some suggestions.  My budget is up to $500.  I want something with pretty much the same warmth and sound as the be's but better.  I listen to mostly hip-hop so bass must be prominent.  What is the next step up from these?  thanks 

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #919 of 2,697
Quote:
So I've had my gr07 be's for a while now and love them dearly.  I feel the need to step it up now and need some suggestions.  My budget is up to $500.  I want something with pretty much the same warmth and sound as the be's but better.  What is the next step up from these?  thanks 

^ maybe you should check out those JVC FXZ200s then.

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #920 of 2,697
Quote:
So I've had my gr07 be's for a while now and love them dearly.  I feel the need to step it up now and need some suggestions.  My budget is up to $500.  I want something with pretty much the same warmth and sound as the be's but better.  What is the next step up from these?  thanks 

Nothing so far. Ask again in a couple of weeks when I have my ASG-2.

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #922 of 2,697
Quote:
So I've had my gr07 be's for a while now and love them dearly.  I feel the need to step it up now and need some suggestions.  My budget is up to $500.  I want something with pretty much the same warmth and sound as the be's but better.  I listen to mostly hip-hop so bass must be prominent.  What is the next step up from these?  thanks 

You want beautiful, full, layered, texured bass? I would definitely consider the ATH CKS1000 Solid Bass iems. In short, a very full, immersive and engaging sound with incredible soundstage and imaging. They'll only put you out $175 or less though :)

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #924 of 2,697
I've made a post in the question thread but didn't got the answer i wanted. Maybe you can help me choose. Here's how it goes:

Hello again. After making lots of research i'm ended up having to decide between these:
-Vsonic GR01
-Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII
-Vsonic GR07 bass edition
-HifiMan RE400/RE-272 (discontinued?)
-Anything else that falls into this price and quality range

For instance i would have bought the V-moda vibrato (which have almost no comparisons with the above and it is so hard for me to believe the above will sound bad)
This list summarises want i want a bit, but is missing models-or it's outdated; etc you can buy Monster cooper turbines for $200):
http://theheadphonelist.com/?model_search=&headphone_price1=50&headphone_price2=250&average_rating1=8.5&average_rating2=10&sound_rating1=9&sound_rating2=10&build_rating1=4&build_rating2=5&isolation_rating1=3.5&isolation_rating2=5&comfort_rating1=3.5&comfort_rating2=5&microphone_rating1=0&microphone_rating2=5&accessibility_rating1=3&accessibility_rating2=5#

Additional information on my music tastes:
-EDM, trance, house, electro (main)
-Rnb/hip-hop(less)
-Orchestral/game-movie-epic-music, etc. Final fantasy music-violin+piano
-Metal-well a bit rare but i still do

I really like to hear the bass strong and detailed. Especially the low freq. If you ever been to a club with a good sound system that produces the very low freq band which you feel when your body vibrates..you get the idea.
And vocals..especially on trance, electronic--acoustic versions..this is where i want to sound clarity. My Pioneer average ICE system, with the engine shut off is able to reproduce it very very clear.

Here are some examples of almost all the types of music i listen:

(listen to the saxophone)

So GR07 bass or something else? :D Listen to the songs and give me your opinions!

May 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #928 of 2,697
Is there any info anywhere on these new versions? I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the GR07 BE any day....but this new info makes me wonder if I should hold off for the new editions. What are the differences with new edition? Sound or mainly cosmetic? Also does a new version usually mean I will be able to get the old edition cheaper?? Any help is appreciated.

May 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #929 of 2,697
Quote:
Is there any info anywhere on these new versions? I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the GR07 BE any day....but this new info makes me wonder if I should hold off for the new editions. What are the differences with new edition? Sound or mainly cosmetic? Also does a new version usually mean I will be able to get the old edition cheaper?? Any help is appreciated.

None that I've seen recently, just translation of posts from the Chinese VSONIC blog/site...I don't think there is ao official release date.  As far as I know, the update is for the MKII variant (not sure if it will technically be the MKIII at that point) but I've not heard of a new 'Bass Edition'.  Build is said to be different, so it's unknown if that will have any effect on sound quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back