VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
May 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #946 of 2,697
Between 'brain burn-in' and 'physical burn-in', there is a difference over time I've found.  I think adjusting to the sound signature is more so the case, but with the type of driver used, I think once you reach the 75-150 hour range they truly reach their sweet spot.  Also, there is no clip included but I'm sure you could use a universal from ebay or I personally find a simple badge clip works really well - I just hide it inside my coat near the collar and it hold the cable in place pretty well.   

May 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #947 of 2,697
Gs3 fiio mont blanc gain accidentally left on high ...yeah I cooked them ...how???? had my dt770 on when i got to work figured I'd let my B.E's burn in a tad on mid volume lol ...they where hot by the time it crossed my mind needless to say immediately ordering another pair I loved these iems ....gots ta b mo careful smh..

May 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #948 of 2,697
Quote:
Gs3 fiio mont blanc gain accidentally left on high ...yeah I cooked them ...how???? had my dt770 on when i got to work figured I'd let my B.E's burn in a tad on mid volume lol ...they where hot by the time it crossed my mind needless to say immediately ordering another pair I loved these iems ....gots ta b mo careful smh..

U wot?

May 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #949 of 2,697
Thanks for the response. I have a clip from my v-moda iem's (in gray, so it goes with the cable, lol). I'm really amazed how good is the clarity especially on low frequencies, which makes you able to distinguish between individual instruments. And to tell the truth i didn't believe this burn-in thing; thought it was a brain burn-in instead, but then saw some burn-in measurements of a different iem in this popular technical site about iems. The reality is that it is indeed happening and working beneficially. As a mechanical engineer i can say this biocellulose technology works. Basically, bio-fibers have higher tensile strength than other materials that are usually used, so it allows the engineers to create a thinner diaphragm which in effect has a lower moving mass, so it shift the resonant frequency of the speaker assembly to a different point which might be no or less problem. Plus the lighter mass makes it easier to drive, and more responsive. This explains the high sensitivity and fast response. This is not taking into account the acoustics which i have little knowledge on, but as a forced mass-spring system.
Bottom line the engineer's at vsonic know their ****, even if they didn't had to invest and borrowed the manufacturing tech from Sony.

Check the part after 3:30. Sounds awesome on them (although i wouldn't hear it from youtube..original 320kbps mp3 at least).

May 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #950 of 2,697
Quote:

Wow! What does melted bio-cellulose look like? Sorry to hear that mate - do they simply not produce any sound any more?

May 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #951 of 2,697
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I have a clip from my v-moda iem's (in gray, so it goes with the cable, lol). I'm really amazed how good is the clarity especially on low frequencies, which makes you able to distinguish between individual instruments. And to tell the truth i didn't believe this burn-in thing; thought it was a brain burn-in instead, but then saw some burn-in measurements of a different iem in this popular technical site about iems. The reality is that it is indeed happening and working beneficially. As a mechanical engineer i can say this biocellulose technology works. Basically, bio-fibers have higher tensile strength than other materials that are usually used, so it allows the engineers to create a thinner diaphragm which in effect has a lower moving mass, so it shift the resonant frequency of the speaker assembly to a different point which might be no or less problem. Plus the lighter mass makes it easier to drive, and more responsive. This explains the high sensitivity and fast response. This is not taking into account the acoustics which i have little knowledge on, but as a forced mass-spring system.
Bottom line the engineer's at vsonic know their ****, even if they didn't had to invest and borrowed the manufacturing tech from Sony.

Check the part after 3:30. Sounds awesome on them (although i wouldn't hear it from youtube..original 320kbps mp3 at least).

All this being one of the most intriguing reasons that originally led me to check out the GR07 and Vsonic - a lot of great headphones have used the technology (mostly Sony and Fostex).  It's my understanding that they were an OEM for Sony for some time before branching off.

May 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #952 of 2,697
Quote:
All this being one of the most intriguing reasons that originally led me to check out the GR07 and Vsonic - a lot of great headphones have used the technology (mostly Sony and Fostex).  It's my understanding that they were an OEM for Sony for some time before branching off.

With Sony screwing the ps3 being so selfish and betraying, along the financial crisis i'm sure that fired lot of the stuff. Especially in big corporations where every screwer which finished a business degree and runs a department thinks he knows better than the engineers. I guess one of these engineers went to work for Vsonic. Believe me even the s***tiest engineer will get the job done. Now where i'm studying (one of the top 5 UK uni's in meng) we do business, management, design...everything. Just so we won't have all these screwers in our feet when we finally finish. Because all these people that have money in mind are the ones draging the world behind. Yes i had a gf that was studying finance and accounting..total bitch. Funny how we had a lecture from an entrepreneur and said never trust: Lawyers, bankers, and accounters. Exactly my thoughts.

May 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #953 of 2,697
Quote:
With Sony screwing the ps3 being so selfish and betraying, along the financial crisis i'm sure that fired lot of the stuff. Especially in big corporations where every screwer which finished a business degree and runs a department thinks he knows better than the engineers. I guess one of these engineers went to work for Vsonic. Believe me even the s***tiest engineer will get the job done. Now where i'm studying (one of the top 5 UK uni's in meng) we do business, management, design...everything. Just so we won't have all these screwers in our feet when we finally finish. Because all these people that have money in mind are the ones draging the world behind. Yes i had a gf that was studying finance and accounting..total bitch. Funny how we had a lecture from an entrepreneur and said never trust: Lawyers, bankers, and accounters. Exactly my thoughts.

What in the hell are you talking about?  

May 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #954 of 2,697
Quote:

What in the hell are you talking about?  

Quote:

you seem to be missing some posts..

May 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #957 of 2,697
I have those 250ohm dt770 my fiio mont blanc likes it them on high gain I thought ill just plug in my b.e n allow some burn in while I'm at work ....I just didn't flip my amp back to low ...I know I didn't even need the amp for burn in but uh well I'm could be alittle slow but I'm independent lol :wink: they where on say three minutes ...toasted and HOT to the touch

May 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #958 of 2,697
Quote:

I'm not missing anything, I just have trouble reading gibberish.  This sentence, which you lead off with, makes zero sense.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

May 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #959 of 2,697
I've had the (dis)pleasure of owning these for a few hours now.

It's like I left the sub in my car up to high. Bass just bullies everything else. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back