VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
May 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #961 of 2,697
Seller on Amazon sent me the bass edition when I was expecting the MKII (based off pictures and review). My fault, but amazon is making good. I'll end up being able to compare the MKII w/ the bass. Although, I've eq'ed the bass edition down a bit and it's much better.

May 9, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #962 of 2,697
Quote:
Seller on Amazon sent me the bass edition when I was expecting the MKII (based off pictures and review). My fault, but amazon is making good. I'll end up being able to compare the MKII w/ the bass. Although, I've eq'ed the bass edition down a bit and it's much better.

^ hey if you don't like em' i might buy them off of you. Get ready Ballas', low ones that is.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #963 of 2,697
I know you're kidding, but I wouldn't dare sell a used IEM to my worst enemy. Especially one that has "gangsta" tagged all up and down it. Seriously, I don't know if my 770's ever got this low!

May 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #964 of 2,697
Quote:
I know you're kidding, but I wouldn't dare sell a used IEM to my worst enemy. Especially one that has "gangsta" tagged all up and down it. Seriously, I don't know if my 770's ever got this low!

^ LoL i am dead serious, for a sec i thought you were joking. I know that you posted on the gr07 thread that you got a used set from amazon but the mofo that previously had it tagged the box up with "gangsta" TroLoLoLoLoLoLO!!! What a G. haha

I think you gotta' burn that thing with FYRE then, as in burn it in why of course.
biggrin.gif

I buy used iems/ headphones all the time on the sales forums here, not really a big dealio to me tbh.

May 9, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #965 of 2,697
I might as well chime in here, since it's late at night and I've come to really appreciate my GR07 Bass Editions.
I bought mine off of a seller here after recently losing my beloved GR06s, and I basically cried for the two weeks I didn't have them. I broke down and bought them.

They came in new condition with around 150 hours of burni-n. I'm interested as to how they sound at 0 hours, because when I first tried them I could immediately notice a focus on bass. It seemed as if the low end was overpowering the mid, with recessed vocals. I used to have the bass on my rockboxed clip zip at I believe +3 bass, and I turned that down to +0.

I burned them in for a couple hours, and two days later I'm listening to some Dash Berlin/EDM/Trance at 5am in the morning. Don't know if it's the mental burn-in, getting used to the bass, or whatever but I'm really starting to like these.

I remember with the GR06, when I first tried them on, I could hear a LOT of sibilance. I'm pretty sure that mostly went away after burning in and 6 months of ownership. These GR07 BE have zero sibilance!

Wish I had my GR06 to compare with though, REST IN PEACE I HOPE WHOEVER FINDS YOU TAKES GOOD CARE OF YOU ):
Also wish I could compare these to the GR07 MKII, but I'm poor now.

May 9, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #966 of 2,697
Good to hear cause my pair of BE's have sibilance that's off the charts!

Doesn't matter tho cause the square housings on these are not so good for my ears...pain. :frowning2:

May 9, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #967 of 2,697
Quote:

Doesn't matter tho cause the square housings on these are not so good for my ears...pain.
frown.gif

Hmm maybe the fit (tips/nozzle position) is wrong? GR06 and GR07 have always been extremely comfortable for me and friends that have tried them on. I like the square housing, light, slim profile that doesn't hurt my ear at all. But maybe I'm just lucky, or you're an elf :D

If that's not the case, I hope the sibilance dies down with burn-in!

May 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #968 of 2,697
Quote:
I might as well chime in here, since it's late at night and I've come to really appreciate my GR07 Bass Editions.
I bought mine off of a seller here after recently losing my beloved GR06s, and I basically cried for the two weeks I didn't have them. I broke down and bought them.

They came in new condition with around 150 hours of burni-n. I'm interested as to how they sound at 0 hours, because when I first tried them I could immediately notice a focus on bass. It seemed as if the low end was overpowering the mid, with recessed vocals. I used to have the bass on my rockboxed clip zip at I believe +3 bass, and I turned that down to +0.

I burned them in for a couple hours, and two days later I'm listening to some Dash Berlin/EDM/Trance at 5am in the morning. Don't know if it's the mental burn-in, getting used to the bass, or whatever but I'm really starting to like these.

I remember with the GR06, when I first tried them on, I could hear a LOT of sibilance. I'm pretty sure that mostly went away after burning in and 6 months of ownership. These GR07 BE have zero sibilance!

Wish I had my GR06 to compare with though, REST IN PEACE I HOPE WHOEVER FINDS YOU TAKES GOOD CARE OF YOU ):
Also wish I could compare these to the GR07 MKII, but I'm poor now.

Yeah, initially there will be more harsh and noticeable sibilance - since you came in at the 150 hour mark, that is the sweet spot.  I initially used some minor EQ in the beginning, but now I find that it's best in most tracks with none applied.  Even songs that were quite harsh at times in the beginning (pre 50-hour mark) are now very enjoyable and not overbearing at all.  Some of it is brain burn in, but I really believe now that the driver settling has a lot to do with it.  That said, welcome and I'm glad you've enjoyed them so far!

May 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #969 of 2,697
Quote:

Doesn't matter tho cause the square housings on these are not so good for my ears...pain.
frown.gif

So you have severely exaggerated bass and simblance on your BEs that were purchased used?  Sounds to me like you got screwed because overdone bass and simblance are not halmark GR07 BE traits unless of course you're used to listening to something that is completely flat like balanced armature headphone.  You're the first person on here to really complain about the BEs and you purchased them second hand.  It just has me thinking maybe they were damaged somehow (water or something) because I am pretty sure there aren't any fakes out there for GR07s as far as I know.

May 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #970 of 2,697
So you have severely exaggerated bass and simblance on your BEs that were purchased used?  Sounds to me like you got screwed because overdone bass and simblance are not halmark GR07 BE traits unless of course you're used to listening to something that is completely flat like balanced armature headphone.  You're the first person on here to really complain about the BEs and you purchased them second hand.  It just has me thinking maybe they were damaged somehow (water or something) because I am pretty sure there aren't any fakes out there for GR07s as far as I know.
I found them to be incredibly treble smooth and the bass accuracy was prevalent. .with fair separation at moderate volumes sibilancy was never there on mine ...if any thing I craves a slight bit of sparkle more ....I hate bright and hot sounding iems by the way

May 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #972 of 2,697
I've been really interested in getting the Vsonic GR07 because it seems like the perfect IEMs that does everything... good amount of bass with great mids and highs.  A lot of the other ones like RE 400 and Rock it R-50 seem to have a bit "normal" or "low" quantity of bass.  I'm not a bass head but I do listen to a lot of music that have focus on low ends but also vocals, ballads, and instrumentals that need good mids and highs.  My question and worry is that my main source is a galaxy S3 and maybe galaxy S4 or IP5S or some other smartphone in the future and I usually don't want to carry more than a smartphone so rarely going to use amp/DAC or any other addons since if I'm home I'll be using my desktop speakers for music.  I was wondering if the GR07 is overkill and will not work well with the source.  What would you recommend as an alternative if the source will waste such good phones?  Would the GR07 still sound great with the galaxy S3 US version is my questions.   

May 10, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #973 of 2,697
I've been really interested in getting the Vsonic GR07 because it seems like the perfect IEMs that does everything... good amount of bass with great mids and highs.  A lot of the other ones like RE 400 and Rock it R-50 seem to have a bit "normal" or "low" quantity of bass.  I'm not a bass head but I do listen to a lot of music that have focus on low ends but also vocals, ballads, and instrumentals that need good mids and highs.  My question and worry is that my main source is a galaxy S3 and maybe galaxy S4 or IP5S or some other smartphone in the future and I usually don't want to carry more than a smartphone so rarely going to use amp/DAC or any other addons since if I'm home I'll be using my desktop speakers for music.  I was wondering if the GR07 is overkill and will not work well with the source.  What would you recommend as an alternative if the source will waste such good phones?  Would the GR07 still sound great with the galaxy S3 US version is my questions.   

It absolutely sounds fine w the Gs3...it's what I use when I run w the Nike+ app. Not quite as good as the iPhone or iPod Touch overall but still not bad. Plus there are a few EQ programs out there you can use to tweak if you want. You just can't use those at the same time as the Nike app so I don't mess with that really. I also am running a stock Android Rom so maybe even the stock Samsung app is better I just don't know.

May 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #974 of 2,697
Quote:
Would the GR07 still sound great with the galaxy S3 US version is my questions.   

As per db above, yup. Also, I have the S2, and they sound great out of it. A really great audio modelling app is Noozxoide. When used in conjunction with a good player such as Neutron and great iems like the GR07BE's, you'll be rocking!

May 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #975 of 2,697
While I mostly use my J3 for personal music files, I will also say that the S3 is a good pairing with the GR07 (BE in my case).  I've tested it with 192/256/320 MP3 and FLAC files before with good results, but lately I only use the S3 for when I'm streaming content (SoundCloud, Bandcamp, YouTube etc.) and I've found it's great for that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back