VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Apr 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #631 of 2,697
Quote:
I've got them on Wednesday around 6PM. Listened 4-5 hours that night. Yesterday 4-5 more. Today so far 5 hours and 3-4 more to come.

So total 15 hours. Do you max out while burning in?

And as the tips go, I'll give it a try to light blue ones. When I first tried them (my first listening was on them), I didn't like them much but since I'm feeling sound has improved vastly, I'll give them another try after some burn in.

I max out on my cheapo mp3 player (which is quite loud, but not driver exploding loud) with drums n bass. Mochill (and vsonic) is absolutely right - you can't judge these things until you get close to 300 hours. So, you've got a lot more hours of burn in to go my friend!

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #633 of 2,697
WOW what's going on here, think i might have to take back some of the things i wrote The acoustic instruments/ soundstage/ 3Dness seems to have just got elevated to a higher level last night after took them off the burner and i re-listened to them again.

Listening to those same test albums now they no longer sound flat and non-engaging. Like i have said i almost fell asleep listening to them yesterday afternoon cuz it was so lifeless/ dull but MAN OH MAN, burn-in working beautifully on these things.
blink.gif

They are now becoming more transparent like the CKN70s due to the more airy micro details/ bigger soundstage. The tightness in the mids/ lows seems to have loosen up a bit as well. These are starting to sound pretty amazing across all genres.
deadhorse.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #634 of 2,697
WOW what's going on here, think i might have to take back some of the things i wrote The acoustic instruments/ soundstage/ 3Dness seems to have just got elevated to a higher level last night after took them off the burner and i re-listened to them again.

Listening to those same test albums now they no longer sound flat and non-engaging. Like i have said i almost fell asleep listening to them yesterday afternoon cuz it was so lifeless/ dull but MAN OH MAN, burn-in working beautifully on these things. :blink:

They are now becoming more transparent like the CKN70s due to the more airy micro details/ bigger soundstage. The tightness in the mids/ lows seems to have loosen up a bit as well. These are starting to sound pretty amazing across all genres. :deadhorse:

Wait weren't you the one who said I don't believe in burn in? Haha how long do you think you gave them burning for? Do you leave them on for 7/24?

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #635 of 2,697
Quote:
Wait weren't you the one who said I don't believe in burn in? Haha how long do you think you gave them burning for? Do you leave them on for 7/24?

I was just trollin' @sses with that don't believe in burn-in stuff meng. Thought i made it painfully obvious, guess you just got troLoLoLoLoLoLoLO!!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah they are pretty much on 24/7 burn-in MAXED volume on my ipods/ lappy with bass heavy tracks. Only time when they are not is when i am listening to them.

Go beat the doo doo outta' your sets with zero mercy, these can take anything you throw at them. Sorry atomik if i end up destroying your babies. hehe 

LET THE ONSLAUGHT BEGIN!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #636 of 2,697
I was just trollin' @sses with that don't believe in burn-in stuff meng. Thought i made it painfully obvious, guess you just got troLoLoLoLoLoLoLO!!! :D

Yeah they are pretty much on 24/7 burn-in MAXED volume on my ipods/ lappy with bass heavy tracks. Only time when they are not is when i am listening to them.

Go beat the doo doo outta' your sets with zero mercy, these can take anything you throw at them. Sorry atomik if i end up destroying your babies. hehe 

LET THE ONSLAUGHT BEGIN!!! :veryevil:

Tsk tsk I thought highly of you sir. Such a disappointment lol... Back to topic I just left them on hooked up to my laptop and they've been burning in for 10 hours today. I already love them so cant wait for any additional improvements

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #637 of 2,697
Quote:
Tsk tsk I thought highly of you sir. Such a disappointment lol... Back to topic I just left them on hooked up to my laptop and they've been burning in for 10 hours today. I already love them so cant wait for any additional improvements

haha that's what you get for having faith in a troll, sorry to disappoint ya'.  But that's how i roll meng.

Just put these on constant high blast when you're not listening to them. That's how i burn-in all my carbon nanotube iems anyways. Oh the cleaner/ better the source, such as using DACs/ AMPS makes the process faster as well.  Cuz you know blasting them on some cheap @ss phone that has crappy audio output is not gonna do the trick.

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #638 of 2,697
Quote:
I've not heard any of the other GR07 variations personally, but it's my understanding based on others impressions between them that the BE is fairly similar in terms of quantity to the MKI (perhaps slightly more), but it's the quality that's said to have been improved upon.  It makes for a very natural presentation, the lower regions aren't overly present when not called for - it's less 'analytical monitor' and more 'warm and fun' overall. I think it serves well for the purpose of 'good quality bass' over 'traditional basshead' for it's price.  It doesn't seem to sacrifice the strengths of the other variations, as it still retains what I'd consider a lush midrange and high detail retrieval.

On another note, how would you compare your W4 to the GR07?  I've been looking into multi-BA based IEMs lately (possibly cIEM) and the W4 was on my shortlist.

Sorry for the late reply. For me the W4 cannot put a foot wrong across most genres and same could be said to a point about the GR07. I would say the main difference between the 2 is that the W4 is more precise, detailed (like the SE535 but warmer). If I didn`t know any better the GR07 could well of been in the Westone family of iems. Better than the W2,(never heard the W3).
If the GR07 were in a different shell (I very much doubt anybody would disagree that build quality was extremely poor and cheap feeling) and priced at £300, I personally do not feel they would be in the other "over rated" thread.  

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #639 of 2,697
Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. For me the W4 cannot put a foot wrong across most genres and same could be said to a point about the GR07. I would say the main difference between the 2 is that the W4 is more precise, detailed (like the SE535 but warmer). If I didn`t know any better the GR07 could well of been in the Westone family of iems. Better than the W2,(never heard the W3).
If the GR07 were in a different shell (I very much doubt anybody would disagree that build quality was extremely poor and cheap feeling) and priced at £300, I personally do not feel they would be in the other "over rated" thread.  

I just don't see how these could be called bad build quality but my GR07 Bass Edition feels very durable. Not flimsy at all. High quality thick cable, durable plastic body... Maybe the tips are not that good but headphone build quality looks and feels almost any other premium headphones. At least my westone 2 and friend's westone 3 felt the same to me.

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #640 of 2,697
And ohh sweet jesus, after 15 hours additional burn-in, these babies rock n roll the crap out of all other headphones I've had so far... Meanwhile I've tried light blue and blue foamless tips but then when i made back to my gray foam tips, miracle showers began again lol these just shine and shine with gray foam tips at least to my ears... Just get a tight seal then ready to go. Awesome reproduction of electronic music. Wish there was even better model of the line, I would definitely get it the next day.

Give these a brand name like westone or shure, and they are ready to be sold for 400$ (thinking um2x is going for near 300$). Amazing these don't get more attention. I was like I'm giving my money to another chinese made cheap product, but oh boy i am so surprised. If I knew I was going to get this quality then I'd be willing to pay up to 300$... Now my next goal is finding a good pair of foam tips. I know foams wear out quicker and should replace these soon. 

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #641 of 2,697
I too thought that vsonic was a bad company until I first bought the gr07 mki last year and I was so surprised at how they sounded that I bought the mkii next and was more surprised. Now my latested is the vc1000 from vsonic and I'm burning the in they are pretty amazing beging a dual driver iem :). I almost have all the vsonic iems. :D

Apr 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #642 of 2,697
Quote:
I too thought that vsonic was a bad company until I first bought the gr07 mki last year and I was so surprised at how they sounded that I bought the mkii next and was more surprised. Now my latested is the vc1000 from vsonic and I'm burning the in they are pretty amazing beging a dual driver iem
smily_headphones1.gif
. I almost have all the vsonic iems.
biggrin.gif

lol they need to force me with a gun to buy those pink candies.

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #643 of 2,697
Quote:

lol they need to force me with a gun to buy those pink candies.

Yeah those colors are pretty butt ugly, but if they sound great you just learn to live with it i guess.

Ekey Boi!!!
........ are you sure your A/B of these gr07/ gr07 BE sounded the same, cuz what i am hearing from when i 1st got it is literally night and day for acoustic instruments/ vocals due to burning the crap outta them these couple of days.
triportsad.gif

It's SO MUCH more engaging and livelier sounding with the same albums that were SO freaken flat sounding. Dat bigger soundstage opening is making the entire sound extremely more coherent and cohesive across all genres.

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #644 of 2,697
Quote:
Yeah those colors are pretty butt ugly, but if they sound great you just learn to live with it i guess.

Ekey Boi!!!
....... are you sure your A/B of these gr07/ gr07 BE sounded the same, cuz what i am hearing from when i 1st got it is literally night and day for acoustic instruments/ vocals due to burning the crap outta them these couple of days.
triportsad.gif

It's SO MUCH more engaging and livelier sounding with the same albums that were SO freaken flat sounding. Dat bigger soundstage opening is making the entire sound extremely more coherent and cohesive across all genres.

Or you could just be getting used to not having that bubble butt FXZ-200 bass drowning out your music. Don't underestimate the power of your brain 
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #645 of 2,697
Quote:

Or you could just be getting used to not having that bubble butt FXZ-200 bass drowning out your music. Don't underestimate the power of your brain 
wink.gif

haha nah, i haven't even been listening to the FXZ200 of late, been on my CKN70s (and a Top Secret iem which i'll reveal.................soon) most of the time, so comparing these gr07 BEs to them is pretty fitting in sound signature and sonic abilities.

But i do like that big ol' bootie and i ain't gonna lie.
wink_face.gif
....................... to a certain extent.
tongue.gif

edit: i know what i am hearing meng, and i have been shooting my fat mouth off so it can't all be in my mind, since others that i have PMed have had similar feelings about this "flat" sounding phenomenon of these gr07 BEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back