Gonna have to go with magenta:

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #648 of 2,697
I'm gonna go with cranberry :)

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #649 of 2,697
^ YUCK!!!
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #651 of 2,697
Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. For me the W4 cannot put a foot wrong across most genres and same could be said to a point about the GR07. I would say the main difference between the 2 is that the W4 is more precise, detailed (like the SE535 but warmer). If I didn`t know any better the GR07 could well of been in the Westone family of iems. Better than the W2,(never heard the W3).
If the GR07 were in a different shell (I very much doubt anybody would disagree that build quality was extremely poor and cheap feeling) and priced at £300, I personally do not feel they would be in the other "over rated" thread.  

No worries...from what I've read, multi-BA IEMs will always be more precise and detailed, but the GR07 doesn't trail far behind it seems.  The MKII competes with the W2 in price range, but it is often compared to the W3 in most aspects from what I've read.  I'd say that while they feel very solidly build, I have to agree with you that there are some aspects that could have been addressed, like the seam in the shell.  That's my only build/aesthetic complaint really, but I don't think it will affect the durability long term, and it's hardly noticeable.  When I move into BA territory, I think I will just go with a custom and be finished with it (been eyeing models by 1964Ears, Alclair and Unique Melody)...this will not be for a long time, though.  Fortunately, I am very satisfied with my GR07-BE so I'll be able to hold out until then 
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #652 of 2,697
Alright guys, today was gone with 24 hour additional burn-in (total 40 hours). I just put them on to check. I can tell bass tightened (not sure of the right word, but bass sounds less "shy-loose", much tighter and deeper. I believe they've hit a plateau by now. At the end I'd like to thank all who made my mind about these, waynes, sfwalcer, mochill, eke. Thanks to you guys I've discovered the premium headphones for my listening pleasure. Couldn't be any happier with my purchase. I hope they never break.  

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #653 of 2,697
I am a begginer to the IEM world. I am looking for my next IEM and I am sure you can help me.
I own a brainwavz m2 and a vsonic gr02 BE, with both I am pleased (with the m2 VERY pleased).
I enjoy listening to the m2 and I want an iem that is an upgrade to them. What I like with the m2 is that it has GREAT bass (with a good rumble) which adds to the overall full and fun presentation, the mids and vocals are good and the highs are calm and not too bright that matches my likings (IMO less harsh and sibilant than the gr02 BE), but the soundstage is not that big and the seperation could have been better (I am a beginer and I may be wrong with the terminology).
I mainly listen to vocal trance, a little bit of metal (iron maiden, rammstein, etc) and some vocal pop songs. The overall experience should be fun and exciting (not dry or analytical). I may not be a total basshead but the bass is important, in it's depth, quality and quantity.
My budget is ~140 USD. I searched the forums (reviews and multi-iem reviews) and found these iems interesting: gr07 BE (good reviews but a bit expensive), ATH-CKS77 (may be too bass centered), Dunu DN-19 Tai Chi (good but the gr07 BE are better).
I am short on budget, I bought the m2 for 45$ and the gr02 BE for 35$, so I take the selection of my next iem more seriously than before.
So...   Do you think that the gr07 BE will match my tastes and I should get them or there is a different iem that will suit me better?
Thanks!

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #654 of 2,697
Quote:
I am a begginer to the IEM world. I am looking for my next IEM and I am sure you can help me.
I own a brainwavz m2 and a vsonic gr02 BE, with both I am pleased (with the m2 VERY pleased).
I enjoy listening to the m2 and I want an iem that is an upgrade to them. What I like with the m2 is that it has GREAT bass (with a good rumble) which adds to the overall full and fun presentation, the mids and vocals are good and the highs are calm and not too bright that matches my likings (IMO less harsh and sibilant than the gr02 BE), but the soundstage is not that big and the seperation could have been better (I am a beginer and I may be wrong with the terminology).
I mainly listen to vocal trance, a little bit of metal (iron maiden, rammstein, etc) and some vocal pop songs. The overall experience should be fun and exciting (not dry or analytical). I may not be a total basshead but the bass is important, in it's depth, quality and quantity.
My budget is ~140 USD. I searched the forums (reviews and multi-iem reviews) and found these iems interesting: gr07 BE (good reviews but a bit expensive), ATH-CKS77 (may be too bass centered), Dunu DN-19 Tai Chi (good but the gr07 BE are better).
I am short on budget, I bought the m2 for 45$ and the gr02 BE for 35$, so I take the selection of my next iem more seriously than before.
So...   Do you think that the gr07 BE will match my tastes and I should get them or there is a different iem that will suit me better?
Thanks!

I can only attest for trance and pop songs. Can't say much for metal songs. These are perfect headphones for these genres. Believe or not there's definitely a burn in and no not mental. Everytime I put these on after some burn in I can say they just get better and better. Wish knew gr02 enough to tell you if these are an upgrade but if you are asking whether they are matching their price, I'd say look no further. I do believe they offer quality of higher end headphones. I'll not make demagogy by saying these beat this headphone or that headphone but they definitely play bigger than their size and price.

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #655 of 2,697
Quote:

I can only attest for trance and pop songs. Can't say much for metal songs. These are perfect headphones for these genres. Believe or not there's definitely a burn in and no not mental. Everytime I put these on after some burn in I can say they just get better and better. Wish knew gr02 enough to tell you if these are an upgrade but if you are asking whether they are matching their price, I'd say look no further. I do believe they offer quality of higher end headphones. I'll not make demagogy by saying these beat this headphone or that headphone but they definitely play bigger than their size and price.

Thanks for your opinion, really helpful! I am ready for the 100, 200 even 300 hours burn in. 
So the gr07 do have the bass depth and impact and full mids to handle trance. I hope to be lucky and get them for a good price(less than ~175$), I noticed lendmeurears.com offered them for a really cheap (133$ at the end of 2012)...

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #656 of 2,697
Quote:
Buy them wayne DO IT!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm, I do like magenta!
tongue.gif
  But, I have some ATH CKS1000's on the way, so they will have to satiate my addiction for the next little while :)

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #657 of 2,697
Quote:
Alright guys, today was gone with 24 hour additional burn-in (total 40 hours). I just put them on to check. I can tell bass tightened (not sure of the right word, but bass sounds less "shy-loose", much tighter and deeper. I believe they've hit a plateau by now. At the end I'd like to thank all who made my mind about these, waynes, sfwalcer, mochill, eke. Thanks to you guys I've discovered the premium headphones for my listening pleasure. Couldn't be any happier with my purchase. I hope they never break.  

Seriously though, they keep on getting better, especially up to 300 hours. And I don't even know if they will plateau after 300 hours... I have a suspicion that they will continue getting better.

And fwiw, I don't care way or another about  the "burn in is ********" debate. If I didn't notice changes, then I would be happy to say that burn-in is ********. I'm sure that the mind can become accustomed to a sound and trick you into the impression that the sound of a headphone/iem has changed. But nobody can convince me that some phones/iems sound doesn't actually change with burn in. For example, I am positive the my S500's changed substantially with burn in. As well as the BE's.

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #659 of 2,697
Quote:
Tyll's got measurements:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicGR07BassEdition.pdf

They measure pretty much just like they sound; that is to say, quite well. Basically the same as the standard GR07, though boosted from about 500 Hz down. I'd still rather have the standard GR07, but the BE look quite good and still within the realm of being pretty neutral. 

Cool! Thanks for posting that. I'm still getting accustomed to reading the FR graphs, but I like what I'm seeing with that one (and also what I'm hearing with the BE's!).

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #660 of 2,697

Users who are viewing this thread

Back